Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 796374 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6750 on: June 27, 2024, 07:23:26 AM »
Gaybo trying every trick in the book to save his sorry arse. Free Julz free Palestine can't stop the inflation fiasco that he helped create and prolong.

That's what people care about.

Nice try though

Sorry Frankie but I have to ask you are aware of what the inflation rate was when the current govt took office?

It was over 6% and for reasons only the Reserve Bank governor of the day and the current one who was on the board at the time can explain they held interest rates while it was spiralling

If one of the Reserve Bank's key financial metrics is inflation needs to be 3% or lower why did they wait until it hit over 6% to do anything? Why didn't they pull trigger on interest rates before the last election? Serious question. 

Don't hide before your political ideology and rhetoric and disdain for the current govt

Are you prepared to answer Or are you going to use the Laura Kane motto and say back then there was "nothing to see here"?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6751 on: June 27, 2024, 07:54:20 AM »
Gaybo trying every trick in the book to save his sorry arse. Free Julz free Palestine can't stop the inflation fiasco that he helped create and prolong.

That's what people care about.

Nice try though

Sorry Frankie but I have to ask you are aware of what the inflation rate was when the current govt took office?

It was over 6% and for reasons only the Reserve Bank governor of the day and the current one who was on the board at the time can explain they held interest rates while it was spiralling

If one of the Reserve Bank's key financial metrics is inflation needs to be 3% or lower why did they wait until it hit over 6% to do anything? Why didn't they pull trigger on interest rates before the last election? Serious question. 

Don't hide before your political ideology and rhetoric and disdain for the current govt

Are you prepared to answer Or are you going to use the Laura Kane motto and say back then there was "nothing to see here"?

Bottom line though is that inflation is not going down but back up which is a direct result of Labor’s inability to manage the economy

Let’s hope in his desperation to buy votes Albo doesn’t stuff things up more than he already has

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6753 on: June 27, 2024, 10:48:56 AM »
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/prime-minister-anthony-albanese-branded-most-out-of-touch-pm-in-history-after-posting-selfie-with-aussie-musicians/news-story/eaae2e374c69c56981dcac61b9e40ed9

Instead of taking up his time with photo ops he should be taking Economic management 101 classes

What's he supposed to; do bang on about the economy 24/7 and do nothing else?

Then you'd bag him for being too focused on one thing etc.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6754 on: June 27, 2024, 12:42:00 PM »
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/prime-minister-anthony-albanese-branded-most-out-of-touch-pm-in-history-after-posting-selfie-with-aussie-musicians/news-story/eaae2e374c69c56981dcac61b9e40ed9

Instead of taking up his time with photo ops he should be taking Economic management 101 classes

What's he supposed to; do bang on about the economy 24/7 and do nothing else?

Then you'd bag him for being too focused on one thing etc.

Well it would help if he brought in initiatives that would put downward pressure on inflation rather than policies that only fuel it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6755 on: June 27, 2024, 01:10:15 PM »

Bottom line though is that inflation is not going down but back up which is a direct result of Labor’s inability to manage the economy

Let’s hope in his desperation to buy votes Albo doesn’t stuff things up more than he already has

Not disputing it went up this qtr but in the last 2 years it has in fact gone down. That's a fact isn't it?

It's a pity the independent arbitrator the Reserve Bank can't think of anything else to do other than raise interest rates. They keep saying we're all spending too much but most of that spending is essential... last time checked food is an necessity not a luxury.

But they will pull the trigger again next month and raise rates next so everyone can go whackety whack, whack blaming the government
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6756 on: June 28, 2024, 10:41:24 PM »

Not sure about this one Chuckie. I am not a huge fan of Albo but this isn’t really cutting it for me. I think they could do more to cut wages and allowances growth as that just perpetuates our biggest issue which is a negative score in productivity.
It’s all well and good to give people more money and benefits but they actually need to do something that allows that wages growth to create more for the economy - otherwise we end up with a cost which puts up prices which in turn continues this inflation bubble we cannot seem to pop.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.