Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 739202 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »
Get over it
Cut out one cigarette a day is all you need to do, or one latte less a week
I cannot believe all the effing crying going on about this
FFS

PS: There are two cyclones headed for Queensland. It's not over!

Agree FNM

I am starting worry that we are turning into a nation of sooks & whingers

This levy is going to be around for a lousy 12 months, those who can afford it are the ones who are going to have to pay and get slugged the highest amount so let's just get on with it.

Push the politics to one side and let's start re-building.

This is a massive job and we all need to contribute in one way or another let's not lose sight of the FACT that there are people who have lost bloody everything and we have people sooking about having to contibute a a couple of bucks a day for 12 months  ::) A little bit of perspective wouldn't go a stray 

We should never forget that this is the best country in the world by a very long way for a reason.  Hope people aren't losing sight of that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
stuff u people who are stingy bastards.  We are all in this together u stuffin morons ::)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
Get over it
FFS

Agree FNM

I am starting worry that we are turning into a nation of sooks & whingers

This levy is going to be around for a lousy 12 months, those who can afford it are the ones who are going to have to pay and get slugged the highest amount so let's just get on with it.

Push the politics to one side and let's start re-building.

This is a massive job and we all need to contribute in one way or another let's not lose sight of the FACT that there are people who have lost bloody everything and we have people sooking about having to contibute a a couple of bucks a day for 12 months  ::) A little bit of perspective wouldn't go a stray 

We should never forget that this is the best country in the world by a very long way for a reason.  Hope people aren't losing sight of that
yep i agree only to happy to sacrafice  a pleasure or two to help out others in their time of need goes round comes round
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »
One household on 1x 100k wage = you pay the tax ($250 odd)

One household on 2x 50k wage = you don't pay the tax.

Hmmm......
Get over it
FFS

Nup. The only crying there will be is from local business owners near me. In case you didn't know, I have a nasty crack habit, coupled with an insatable thirst for lancing pros. The hairier the better.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 05:05:21 AM »
Abbott still can't accept the election result and is now crying and begging for the independents to hand over power to him but Tony Windsor then tells him to get stuffed  :lol. I guess when your election promises contained a $7b hole or whatever it was you can always find another $1.8b worth of savings. You just make it all up out of thin air  :wallywink. Or perhaps he can cut another $1b out of the health budget as he did as health minister. Phony Tony finally being exposed as a one trick pony who opposes just to oppose for his own personal gain. He wanted a $3.3b levy for his parental leave scheme but now opposes a levy half that size to reconstruct devastated regions that contribute 20% to our nation's GDP; plus all the other levies he supported - gun buy back, Ansett, East Timor, etc. Good luck keeping your large Queensland vote Tony! ::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 12:02:06 PM »
Abbott still can't accept the election result and is now crying and begging for the independents to hand over power to him but Tony Windsor then tells him to get stuffed  :lol. I guess when your election promises contained a $7b hole or whatever it was you can always find another $1.8b worth of savings. You just make it all up out of thin air  :wallywink. Or perhaps he can cut another $1b out of the health budget as he did as health minister. Phony Tony finally being exposed as a one trick pony who opposes just to oppose for his own personal gain. He wanted a $3.3b levy for his parental leave scheme but now opposes a levy half that size to reconstruct devastated regions that contribute 20% to our nation's GDP; plus all the other levies he supported - gun buy back, Ansett, East Timor, etc. Good luck keeping your large Queensland vote Tony! ::)

MT your missing Tony's point - he doesn't impose taxes he & the party he prepresents imposes levies and there is a massive difference in Tony's world.

You need to remember his was going to be a "levy" to fund the Paid Parental Levy Scheme not a tax. All the other things you mentioned again they were "levies" as opposed to "taxes"   :P

Where as this "levy" for the floods is no a levy it is as "tax" because Tony says so and it suits his purprose  ;D

There was one good thing that came out of yesterday's speech on the Gold Coast, it showed yet again that Tony hasn't learnt a thing since August 2010 and still lives with his born to rule mentality. He is still attacking people's character for the sake of it (the PM & The indies) and then in the next breath he is telling the Independants that they should hand over power to him and fauilure to do so brings into question their right to be in Parliment. Smooth Tony very smooth now is not the time for political point scoring  ;D ;D

I said it yesterday and I will say it again let's push the politics to one side and start re-building. 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FNM

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »
How much again did the Howard/Abbott government give to the tsunami appeal?
Not that I'm against a donation, but it was whopping in comparison to other countries
Who are they to complain about a small levy FFS!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 08:44:41 PM »

Hmmm......
Get over it
FFS

its got nothing to do with the floods you moron. We have given donations that go directly to the flood victims so dont crap on as if your the only one who cares about Queensland. Its the principal of the matter and who knows where this money goes or how long the tax will be around for. You can guarantee its more than a year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 08:50:35 PM »
You had her at moron  :whistle

In fact, those arguing the same point, eff all of you :thumbsup  ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:09:50 PM by Dubstep Dookie »

FNM

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »

Hmmm......
Get over it
FFS

its got nothing to do with the floods you moron. We have given donations that go directly to the flood victims so dont crap on as if your the only one who cares about Queensland. Its the principal of the matter and who knows where this money goes or how long the tax will be around for. You can guarantee its more than a year.

What precisely is the principle? Check your spelling FW
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:14:37 PM by FNM »

FNM

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 09:11:03 PM »

Hmmm......
Get over it
FFS

It's called money to go for roads and infrastructure destroyed by the floods - what planet are you on?

10 FLAGS

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
GILLARD is the worst Prime Minister in Australian history. Rudd wasnt much better. The only person who labor has who can lead is Bill Shorten, the rest of them are rank amateurs.

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »
GILLARD is the worst Prime Minister in Australian history. Rudd wasnt much better. The only person who labor has who can lead is Bill Shorten, the rest of them are rank amateurs.

Wow !!! Big statement.

Let's see a full list, ranked from 1-27 a la the AFL draft with a pithy comment next to each

eg.

27. Gillard - Worst ever
26. Rudd - not much better than Gillard

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 04:40:41 PM »
Wouldnt say Gillard is the worst PM in Australian history.
No doubt shes up there with the worst of them joining Whitlam and Rudd.
I think the main problem with Rudd and Gillard is that there not good sellers of there policy's. When you get down to it this flood levy isnt much but yet they've miss sold it and allowed the opposition to set the agenda just like with the rates issue involving the banks.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 09:50:17 PM »
Wouldnt say Gillard is the worst PM in Australian history.
No doubt shes up there with the worst of them joining Whitlam and Rudd.
I think the main problem with Rudd and Gillard is that there not good sellers of there policy's. When you get down to it this flood levy isnt much but yet they've miss sold it and allowed the opposition to set the agenda just like with the rates issue involving the banks.

Not at all.

Abbott is up their spruking yet he is Lilly white and his body language is anything butngenuine and caring. He has a mistrustful face.

No-one in QLD trusts a vanilla face.