Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766370 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #375 on: July 18, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »
Rumours are that Gillard is going to get the same treatment as Rudd. Simon Crean is going to get the Prime Ministership on the basis that he is a low risk choice and will reduce Labors losses at the next election. Dont mind Crean, he is safe and steady operator. Needs to do 3 things 1) Withdraw Labors Support for the Carbon Tax and debunk Climate Change 2) withdraw the Resources Rent Tax 3) change Labors view of the NBN from fibre to the home to fibre to the node as a minimum.

rubbish!

:lol

Go tell that to all the backbenchers who are going to end up unemployed after the next election. Theyre not happy with good ol jules. Shes finished as a political leader now known as Miss 26% and Crean is being  looked at to take over. Climate Change is a hoax and a scam. Australians have sent the message. Julia and Bobs show will soon be ended.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #376 on: July 18, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
According to media the ranga has got until September to get the ALP's stocks up in the opinion polls or shes a goner. Cya Jules nice havin ya around... actually it hasnt been at all shes been a disaster but we all have to be nice now coz we wouldnt want her to cry  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: July 18, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »
Isn't typical that the Unions are so quiet in relation to this tax. I wonder how quiet or supportive they wouldve been if it was the liberals bringing in a new tax that could jeopardise jobs.
I hear that members are getting very angry.

That's no surprise seeing how the labor party is ran by the Unions.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »
Isn't typical that the Unions are so quiet in relation to this tax. I wonder how quiet or supportive they wouldve been if it was the liberals bringing in a new tax that could jeopardise jobs.

Unions? They way I read it here I thought they were being run by the Greens  :rollin :rollin :lol ;D :thumbsup :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2011, 03:54:56 PM »
Rumours are that Gillard is going to get the same treatment as Rudd. Simon Crean is going to get the Prime Ministership on the basis that he is a low risk choice and will reduce Labors losses at the next election. Dont mind Crean, he is safe and steady operator. Needs to do 3 things 1) Withdraw Labors Support for the Carbon Tax and debunk Climate Change 2) withdraw the Resources Rent Tax 3) change Labors view of the NBN from fibre to the home to fibre to the node as a minimum.

rubbish!

:lol

Go tell that to all the backbenchers who are going to end up unemployed after the next election. Theyre not happy with good ol jules. Shes finished as a political leader now known as Miss 26% and Crean is being  looked at to take over. Climate Change is a hoax and a scam. Australians have sent the message. Julia and Bobs show will soon be ended.

i cant wait for this day. It will be just as good as the day we make the finals. Good riddons to her and her carbon feces.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: July 18, 2011, 04:50:25 PM »

Unions? They way I read it here I thought they were being run by the Greens  :rollin :rollin :lol ;D :thumbsup :rollin

Greens are running the government policies no denying that.
But Unions are nothing more then a stepping stones for people like Paul Howes to a labor safe seat.

« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »

The word I am getting is that backbench Liberals (and former PMs like Howard) are fed up with the negativity of Abbott and his stooges esp when it will get them absolutely nothing for all the bluster.

Expect a challenge to Abbott sooner rather than later.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »

The word I am getting is that backbench Liberals (and former PMs like Howard) are fed up with the negativity of Abbott and his stooges esp when it will get them absolutely nothing for all the bluster.

Expect a challenge to Abbott sooner rather than later.

Ha I can't see them dumping Abbott while his ahead in the polls by so much. Seeing how at any day something could arise and cause a by-election which could put them into government.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »
Ha I can't see them dumping Abbott while his ahead in the polls by so much. Seeing how at any day something could arise and cause a by-election which could put them into government.

There wont be an early election unless there is a change in PM  ;D

But seriously I reckon Tony doesn't want Julia replaced and Julia doens't want Tony replaced

the only hope eithe rof them have is the other one being their direct opponent

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »

But seriously I reckon Tony doesn't want Julia replaced and Julia doens't want Tony replaced

I don't think they need each other as much as your trying to portray there WP.
IMO both party's just can't afford to do any leader change.
If Labor do it. It'll pretty much 100% guarantee's them losing at next election. Unless they find someone that can connect brilliantly with the public which I don't think they have anyone of that caliber currently.
Liberals do it then they risk giving Labor a lead back in the polls and puts them on the back foot and most likely fall back into internal party fighting that hurt them before Abbott became leader.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »

I don't think they need each other as much as your trying to portray there WP.
IMO both party's just can't afford to do any leader change.
If Labor do it. It'll pretty much 100% guarantee's them losing at next election. Unless they find someone that can connect brilliantly with the public which I don't think they have anyone of that caliber currently.
Liberals do it then they risk giving Labor a lead back in the polls and puts them on the back foot and most likely fall back into internal party fighting that hurt them before Abbott became leader.

tiger101 - you need to loosen up I was being sarcastic

However, being serious for just a minute Labor cannot afford to dump Gillard as it would likely force an election because Oakshott (sp?), Windsor & Wilke have all made it pretty clear that their "deals" were made with Gillard and her being the PM - change that and they have said they are likely to pull their backing.

That happens and it's off to the polls we go and I don't really think any of them really want to face their electorates right at the minute, espeically Oakshott

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »
Oakeshott and Windsor are tied to Labor no matter who's the leader. There gone at next election so they better off sticking to ALP until next election and trying to get a few more gifts for there electorate to try and save them.
Wilkie is an odd one. If Gillard and Labor back benchers don't vote for his gambling reform he will cross the floor. His the kind of man that would pull down a government but still walk around with his head held high. Plus he'll get back in with liberal preferences. Only independent besides Katter that's safe IMO.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:35 PM »
Now I don't wish this on anyone but it only takes one of the Labor Party to kick the bucket and we are off to an early election.
I bet Oakeshott and Windsor have already done refresher CPR courses and now carry their own personal defibrillator units.  :lol

Would a resignation also force us to an early election??

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »
Even the wall street journal have learnt of the folly that is the current government and it's stupid tax.  :clapping
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304203304576447910279095574.html?mod=WSJASIA_hpp_sections_opinion

The club that keeps giving.

« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2011, 06:09:05 AM »
Now I don't wish this on anyone but it only takes one of the Labor Party to kick the bucket and we are off to an early election.
I bet Oakeshott and Windsor have already done refresher CPR courses and now carry their own personal defibrillator units.  :lol

Would a resignation also force us to an early election??

Would force a byelection not an election.

Then it would depend on which seat was vacated.

:cheers