Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766429 times)

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »

Yes just did another check - pounded, rebounded and now another whack

Its worth jumping on a few shares at the moment though. Few bargains out there IMO. IMF has said AUD is 10-20% over valued.

"There is ample scope to cut the policy interest rate and provide liquidity support for banks," the IMF said in its annual health check of the Australian economy.

It said the Australian dollar AUD=D4 was overvalued somewhere between 10 and 20 percent

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/06/imf-australia-idUSN1E77503220110806

Typical Lib voter, happy to make a quick buck no matter the cost.

:lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »

Yes just did another check - pounded, rebounded and now another whack

Its worth jumping on a few shares at the moment though. Few bargains out there IMO. IMF has said AUD is 10-20% over valued.

"There is ample scope to cut the policy interest rate and provide liquidity support for banks," the IMF said in its annual health check of the Australian economy.

It said the Australian dollar AUD=D4 was overvalued somewhere between 10 and 20 percent

What are you on about? Im sure people who trade on the share market vote labor as well. Are you saying everyone that has super invested in shares are a lib voter?  :scream Unbelievable.

« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »

What are you on about? Im sure people who trade on the share market vote labor as well. Are you saying everyone that has super invested in shares are a lib voter?  :scream Unbelievable.

"jumping on a few shares at the moment " is hardly something that you can do with superannuation.

More lies and duplicity. (and yes I am aware of the tautology)

:bow

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »

"jumping on a few shares at the moment " is hardly something that you can do with superannuation.

No offense but your actually criticising your own side of supporters by saying only libs(I can only guess because you mean they have more financial intellect because there is no other reason why you would say it)invest in shares when the market has been down and the bargains are about. Also I'll just like to state that trading shares is a legal practise.

« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »

No offense but your actually criticising your own side of supporters by saying only libs(I can only guess because you mean they have more financial intellect because there is no other reason why you would say it)invest in shares when the market has been down and the bargains are about. Also I'll just like to state that trading shares is a legal practise.

You really have no idea but the common man do you?

:wallywink

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: August 08, 2011, 05:22:06 PM »

Well I think the common person like's buying bargains but apparently according to you only lib voters buy bargains.

« Reply #501 on: August 08, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »

Well I think the common person like's buying bargains but apparently according to you only lib voters buy bargains.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »
I'm not evening going to keep on asking what you ment by the comment because I don't even think you do. Seeing how you won't explain what you ment by saying lib voters are out to make money. I would of thought everyone is out to make money isn't that the one of the main foundations of union's these days to make sure employee's make the most they can.

« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »
I'm not evening going to keep on asking what you ment by the comment because I don't even think you do. Seeing how you won't explain what you ment by saying lib voters are out to make money. I would of thought everyone is out to make money isn't that the one of the main foundations of union's these days to make sure employee's make the most they can.

Simply put (and yes I am a simple man)

Labor voters are salt of the earth working class citzens, faced with a global crisis they think "will I be able to feed the kids".

Liberal voters are business people who just want to make money out of other people's misfortune.

Labor voters can't afford shares whereas liberal voters first thought while being faced with a global crisis is "how can I make money out of this"

There you go a couple of broad sweeping generalisations for you to get stuck into.

:cheers

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2011, 06:24:12 PM »

Labor voters are salt of the earth working class citzens, faced with a global crisis they think "will I be able to feed the kids".

Liberal voters are business people who just want to make money out of other people's misfortune.

Labor voters can't afford shares whereas liberal voters first thought while being faced with a global crisis is "how can I make money out of this"

There you go a couple of broad sweeping generalisations for you to get stuck into.

What a load of rubbish. Sadly it just shows your ignorance and naivety. I can tell you now liberal votes do care about feeding there kids just as much as any one. Liberals was in power for over a decade less then 4 years ago. There in power in 3 states across this country. Currently leading in the polls federally.

« Reply #505 on: August 08, 2011, 06:32:09 PM »

Currently leading in the polls federally.

Good point there.

They are currently leading the polls.

Pity the election is still more than two years away.

« Reply #506 on: August 09, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »

We are in the middle of a major financial meltdown and where is Mr Abbott again?

That's right, he is on holidays.

Good luck to him, way to get your priorities right.

:thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #507 on: August 09, 2011, 01:55:06 PM »

We are in the middle of a major financial meltdown and where is Mr Abbott again?

I think everybody knows my disdain for Abbott but seriously what exactly do you think he could do if he was here  ::) ::)

Same applies to the govt - what can they do exactly right now? The share market is not run by the govt or opposition

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #508 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »

I think everybody knows my disdain for Abbott but seriously what exactly do you think he could do if he was here  ::) ::)

Same applies to the govt - what can they do exactly right now? The share market is not run by the govt or opposition

I think he would blame the crisis on the Gillard government and it's big new toxic tax.

and I have no doubt he would talk about stopping the boats in the same sentence.

I miss the evil little man.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:29:38 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #509 on: August 09, 2011, 02:32:46 PM »

What do you think WP do you agree with 1965 that lib voters don't care about feeding there family they rather make a quick dollar instead.
False beliefs like that only discredits any creditability of any past or future comment they make on politics IMO.

I think everybody knows my disdain for Abbott but seriously what exactly do you think he could do if he was here  ::) ::)