Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774105 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #540 on: August 12, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »
Biggest question I have over the greens is post Bob Brown.  

Tend to agree with this also. Compared to some of the other Greens currently at the Federal level Brown is a "moderate" while some of the newbies since the last election come across as having and extremist views.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #541 on: August 12, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »
an overwhelming majority of Australians agree with me and my contention. you are a reflection of whats wrong with the ALP and the environmental movement. Just another fanatic who doesnt like it when other people disagree with your position. And its why Labor will get belted at the next election and why the Greens will be finished politically within the next 2 federal elections.  ;D

Which contention is that Flagman? Your "Climate Change is scam" contention?  or your view on the Carbon Tax?

Would think they are for many people they are 2 very different arguments

And BTW I think you are going a little bit over the top when you say the majority of Aussie agree with your contentions. Majority would mean at least close to 15mil folks.  ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #542 on: August 12, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
an overwhelming majority of Australians agree with me and my contention. you are a reflection of whats wrong with the ALP and the environmental movement. Just another fanatic who doesnt like it when other people disagree with your position. And its why Labor will get belted at the next election and why the Greens will be finished politically within the next 2 federal elections.  ;D

Which contention is that Flagman? Your "Climate Change is scam" contention?  or your view on the Carbon Tax?

Would think they are for many people they are 2 very different arguments

And BTW I think you are going a little bit over the top when you say the majority of Aussie agree with your contentions. Majority would mean at least close to 15mil folks.  ;D

This is OER we can make claims like that in here  ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: August 12, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: August 12, 2011, 01:17:37 PM »

True  :rollin

So in that case...... Julia Gillard is the best PM this country has ever had  

:rollin :rollin :rollin :birthday :birthday  :jump

:outtahere :outtahere

:eyebrow :eyebrow

« Reply #545 on: August 12, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »

True  :rollin

So in that case...... Julia Gillard is the best PM this country has ever had  

:rollin :rollin :rollin :birthday :birthday  :jump

:outtahere :outtahere

:eyebrow :eyebrow

Just missing one word there WP.

Julia Gillard is the best female PM this country has ever had. FACT

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #546 on: August 12, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »
Just missing one word there WP.

Julia Gillard is the best female PM this country has ever had. FACT

Nope that would be sexist

And we can't have that  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: August 12, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »
If liberals win hypothetically they can make an ETS cost very little per carbon. Even below carbon tax price. Given an ETS system works by government selling emission permits.

« Reply #548 on: August 12, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »
If liberals win hypothetically they can make an ETS cost very little per carbon. Even below carbon tax price. Given an ETS system works by government selling emission permits.

Don't kid yourself, if Libs win Direct Action becomes No Action.

:cheers

Gigantor

« Reply #549 on: August 12, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
isnt it going to cost the Libs 27 billion to roll back the carbon tax..you can kiss that idea bye then

« Reply #550 on: August 12, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »

Tony is now pinching Greens policies.

from: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/tony-abbott-taps-into-gas-rural-land-debates/story-fn59niix-1226113727812

Tapping into the hottest issues in rural Australia, the Opposition Leader today backed the concerns of frustrated landholders over resources companies seeking to extract coal seam gas.

and

Greens Leader Bob Brown said Mr Abbott was taking up Greens policy in backing the rights of property owners over mining and gas companies.

"If Tony has said that farmers ought to have a prior right to look after their land as against the invasion by coal seam gas explorers and tappers, he's adopting Greens policies," Senator Brown said.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: August 12, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »

I was going off the hypothetical assumption that they find rolling back the carbon tax to costly so they let it prevail into the ETS then bring the cost of permits right down. They only need to cut permit emissions to the number we need to make our 5% target cut.
No rule that you have to have the price high on them. You can sell the things for $1 and have the same results from my understanding.

« Reply #552 on: August 12, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

I was going off the hypothetical assumption that they find rolling back the carbon tax to costly so they let it prevail into the ETS then bring the cost of permits right down. They only need to cut permit emissions to the number we need to make our 5% target cut.
No rule that you have to have the price high on them. You can sell the things for $1 and have the same results from my understanding.

You have answered your own question. Dropping the price to $1 would be as costly to as dropping it altogether.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: August 12, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »

You have answered your own question. Dropping the price to $1 would be as costly to as dropping it altogether.

Dropping the price would allow the government to drop alot of the compensation and put back the tax system as it is currently. Which I have stated before is balanced enough for these current volatile economic times.

« Reply #554 on: August 13, 2011, 07:07:11 AM »

A Liberal National Party candidate has stepped aside as his party investigates an email in which he allegedly said he hopes Prime Minister Julia Gillard "follows the history" of assassinated US president John F Kennedy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-12/lnp-hopeful-stands-aside-over-gillard-email/2837414

Quality mob this opposition.

>:(