Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766383 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #585 on: August 18, 2011, 07:08:44 AM »
Gillard and Swan need to stop worrying about the liberals black holes and fill there own because like it or not they banged on about this surplus so much they gotta deliver it.

Absolutely agree but they are going to whack the opposition who "bang on" about fiscal responsibility but right at the minute aren't showing much themselves

But Tony wants an election now which is going to happen

He is currently alternate PM, Joe Hockey is our alternate Treasurer

They've admitted that to implement all their promises it will cost $70 billion

They said they the will  need to make $70 bil in cuts but wont say which areas they will target

So that means that they either have no concrete plan as to how to achieve or they haven't got the courage to tells us that it is more than likely to effect education, defence, health etc

Which is it exactly

They they want us to believe they are the only fiscally responsible option and not worry but they wont tell us anything outside of their daily ritual of negatvity
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #586 on: August 18, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »
Gillard and Swan need to stop worrying about the liberals black holes and fill there own because like it or not they banged on about this surplus so much they gotta deliver it.

Absolutely agree but they are going to whack the opposition who "bang on" about fiscal responsibility but right at the minute aren't showing much themselves

But Tony wants an election now which is going to happen

He is currently alternate PM, Joe Hockey is our alternate Treasurer

They've admitted that to implement all their promises it will cost $70 billion

They said they the will  need to make $70 bil in cuts but wont say which areas they will target

So that means that they either have no concrete plan as to how to achieve or they haven't got the courage to tells us that it is more than likely to effect education, defence, health etc

Which is it exactly

They they want us to believe they are the only fiscally responsible option and not worry but they wont tell us anything outside of their daily ritual of negatvity
The 70billion black hole is a false hole.
It's only if they keep to there tax cuts without having the carbon tax and mining tax revenue's.
Like I've said before we don't need these cuts labor are giving us because we won't have the carbon tax which will drive the prices up. If you take back the new taxes labor love to put onto us you can also tax back the tax cut's cause they won't be needed because people will once again like pre-labor government days have money in there pockets.

I also see in the herald sun today that the carbon tax modelling shows that 23,000 fewer jobs will be created in Vic alone.
I find it so hard to believe how you's can bang on about a tax that will cost jobs, hurt people financially and it won't even do a thing for the environment because we aren't a big enough contributor to carbon output in the first place.

« Reply #587 on: August 18, 2011, 09:22:48 AM »
I also see in the herald sun today that the carbon tax modelling shows that 23,000 fewer jobs will be created in Vic alone.

Modelling that was commissioned by the Libs and done by a Liberal biased company.

More lies.

:lol

« Reply #588 on: August 18, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »
[The 70billion black hole is a false hole.
It's only if they keep to there tax cuts without having the carbon tax and mining tax revenue's.

Confidential minutes from meetings with shadow ministers were leaked to Channel 7's Mark Riley, showing axing the carbon tax will cost $27 billion and scrapping the mining tax will cost $11 billion, plus there is $37 billion worth of promises from the last election as well as $8 billion worth of new tax cuts.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/libs-fiscal-plan-vital-as-hockey-must-prove-hes-no-ordinary-joe/story-e6frfhqf-1226115489496

More lies.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #589 on: August 18, 2011, 09:39:35 AM »
The 70billion black hole is a false hole.

How can it be a false hole?

Their very own numbers say that the cost to remove the Carbon Tax & the Mining Tax (and lets be honest it is a mining TAX) and deliver their prmised tax cuts will cost $70 bil. I didn't make up the number, it is Joe & Tony's number

They have promised to every Australian that if they win the next election they will remove the Carbon Tax, Mining Tax, deliver income tax cuts - so therefore $70 bil black hole in their numbers is very real

Unless of course they are currently lying to voters and they have no intention of honouring those promises. Now if that's the case then aren't they based on so many people's argument on par with the current PM & Govt?

And BTW tiger101 - I am enjoying the debate/discussion with you on this - you present your case very well  :thumbsup

« Reply #590 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
And BTW tiger101 - I am enjoying the debate/discussion with you on this - you present your case very well  :thumbsup

Subtle as a sledge hammer there WP.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #591 on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »

Subtle as a sledge hammer there WP.

Really  ::)

« Reply #592 on: August 18, 2011, 10:53:45 AM »

A spokesman for Climate Change Minister Greg Combet said Treasury modelling showed the tax policy, which included an accompanying switch to low emissions energy, would create 1.6 million more jobs nationwide by 2020.

"Deloitte does not take any account of the positive impact of these assistance measures," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/gillard-governments-carbon-tax-to-cost-23000-jobs-in-victoria/story-fn7x8me2-1226116987957

Once again more misleading information from the Libs designed to create uncertainty and fear.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #593 on: August 18, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »
I don't like bringing up none political issues but seeing how 1965 is enjoying the mud slinging contest of bad eggs I thought I'd show there are some on the labor side as well.

Embattled federal Labor MP Craig Thomson is being investigated over whether he misled industrial umpire Fair Work Australia.

Fair Work Australia has previously found insufficient evidence to prosecute Mr Thomson, the member for the NSW seat of Dobell.

Seven News reported on Thursday the industrial body was now investigating whether Mr Thomson misled the initial probe into allegations his former union credit card was used to pay for prostitutes.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-national/labor-mp-thomson-in-new-credit-card-probe-20110818-1iyvm.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LaborUnion+%28%5Buw%5D+Labor+Union+News%29

Gigantor

« Reply #594 on: August 18, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »
have the libs said they will scrap the carbon tax considering it will cost 27 billion to do so,according to their economic modelling

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #595 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »
have the libs said they will scrap the carbon tax considering it will cost 27 billion to do so,according to their economic modelling

The carbon tax will be scrapped if Liberals win.
This blackhole labor keep going on about is only 5% of forward spending over the next 4 years.
So lets not blow it out of proportion like Swan is attempting to do.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2011, 08:41:58 PM »

Once again more misleading information from the Libs designed to create uncertainty and fear.

They thrive on it. Howard was a master at this slop
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »
I don't like bringing up none political issues but seeing how 1965 is enjoying the mud slinging contest of bad eggs I thought I'd show there are some on the labor side as well.

Embattled federal Labor MP Craig Thomson is being investigated over whether he misled industrial umpire Fair Work Australia.

Fair Work Australia has previously found insufficient evidence to prosecute Mr Thomson, the member for the NSW seat of Dobell.

Seven News reported on Thursday the industrial body was now investigating whether Mr Thomson misled the initial probe into allegations his former union credit card was used to pay for prostitutes.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-national/labor-mp-thomson-in-new-credit-card-probe-20110818-1iyvm.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LaborUnion+%28%5Buw%5D+Labor+Union+News%29

But Mr Abbott  declined to agree that Mr Thomson should have to resign.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-18/abbott-on-craig-thomson/2845062

Either of two things have happened here.

1. It is a non-issue and tony Abbott knows it or

2. The Libs have similar skeletons in their closet that Tony knows about.

« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2011, 09:33:22 PM »

This blackhole labor keep going on about is only 5% of forward spending over the next 4 years.

5% certainly sounds smaller than $70 billion dollars.

Now that's not misleading is it?

:thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2011, 10:15:32 PM »

5% certainly sounds smaller than $70 billion dollars.

Now that's not misleading is it?

:thumbsup

Maybe you should read the budget.