Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766141 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1395 on: May 15, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »
Good 'ol Julia getting all emotional again.   :lol

Question is..... which Julia is it?   :shh

This government has sure given us something to laugh about that's for sure.   :thumbsup

Let me get this correct.

You are laughing at the Prime Minister getting emotional about the introduction of the NDIS?

65 don't make it out to be some political correctness thing. No ones bagging the disabled.

Who knows maybe those tears were all for show. Wouldn't be the first time and wouldn't surprise me with her.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1396 on: May 15, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »
WP the NDIS has bipartisan support stop falling for labor spin that they are the only party for it.

Great biapartisan support on show this morning in parliament

Bill put forward to raise the medicare levy to cover the funding of the NDIS and hardly any opposition pollies there.

Great show of bipartisan support right there  ::)

Maybe the libs have had enough of her spin, like most Australians have.

I heard Swan last night on ABC couldnt answer the question how this government has continually made a profit yet blown it all.

Like this BB. Cut it but raise other family benefits. JH spot on they take it from one hand give it you in another and call it something else.

Lucky we have a few months left of the budget surplus dribble they kept harping on about that will not happen for a long time.

With all due respect daniel, I don't give a stuff what side of politics you sit on if you say are going to support something and in particular something as important as the NDIS then you show up to support. That is true bipartisan support

As for the BB you are smart bloke even you should be able to see that there is a genuine saving being made here. Joe can as well but to say so would go against what this opposition has been about for the last 2 and half years.  ;) (Cue Groucho Marx in Horse Feathers  ;D)

If the BB was been given out at $5-6k per first child (not sure of the exact amount because we've never rec'd it) and now that is going to be only $2k per first child and it's to be means tested as part of family benefit A surely that is a saving :huh yes or no. To say it isn't going to generate an overall savings is simply not true

Now before you go and throw in cost of PPL. If PPL remains but the BB goes and is replaced by $2k payment that is means tested surely a saving is still in play.

As i said yesterday Tony & Joe are happy that the Gillard govt are the ones making the tough calls on spending cuts, saves them having to do it. Only thing they have to come up with and hopefully tells us is how they intend to fund their promises and bring the budget into surplus. Something up until this point they've refused to do and no doubt will continue to refuse to do until they have to

yes absolutely a saving is in play  :thumbsup but it will just force more people to get involved in the PPL scheme thus reducing any benefit they they are hoping to receive. You think people will cop the BB hit knowing all they need to do is work between kids and they will get PPL.

i received this payment with my first child and not with my second. In hindsight did i really need it. Probably not but i gladly took it, which is why i think they should scrap the whole thing and use it elsewhere.

On a side note was there anything in the budget about cutting council funding or reducing their power. Id say that's a state thing but you want to see what wasting money is really like then look no further than your local council.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1397 on: May 15, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »

This government has sure given us something to laugh about that's for sure.   :thumbsup

Let me get this correct.

You are laughing at the Prime Minister getting emotional about the introduction of the NDIS?

65 don't make it out to be some political correctness thing. No ones bagging the disabled.

Who knows maybe those tears were all for show. Wouldn't be the first time and wouldn't surprise me with her.

But...

Let me get this correct.

Were you are laughing at the Prime Minister getting emotional about the introduction of the NDIS?

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1398 on: May 15, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »

Let me get this correct.

But...

Let me get this correct.

Were you are laughing at the Prime Minister getting emotional about the introduction of the NDIS?

It was the introduction of the levy. The NDIS legislation has already passed.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1399 on: May 15, 2013, 02:02:51 PM »
There is nothing funny about Julia Gillard. There is nothing funny about massive deficits that reasonable hard working people like myself will pay for with the inevitable income tax creep.
There is nothing funny about being forced to sit through the horror movie that is the past 7 years of Government.  :cheers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1400 on: May 15, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »

Let me get this correct.

But...

Let me get this correct.

No just laughing at the most phoney Prime minister this country has ever produced.
Ever seen her speech before U.S. Congress? She fought back tears that day too quoting directly from Bono.   :ROTFL
You can trust her all you like but which Julia will you trust?  :lol
A Charlatan if I've ever seen one.
I'm not fooled one little bit by her tears. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1401 on: May 15, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »

On a side note was there anything in the budget about cutting council funding or reducing their power. Id say that's a state thing but you want to see what wasting money is really like then look no further than your local council.
Excellent point Daniel.  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1402 on: May 15, 2013, 02:44:03 PM »

Excellent point Daniel.  :clapping

As you said it is not really a federal issue is it? federal govts don't really fund locall councils

read my post on the referendum on councils being recognised in the constitution thread and you'll know that if it was up to me I'd get rid of them all together. Fat Cat city are local councils

However, I will give credit my local council, City West Water & the Federal Govt for funding a major water recycling program they are working on that work like what we have at the MCG, Punt Road & Yarra Park. this will result in the Vic Baseball centre in Laverton, the local footy, cricket and soccer grounds in Laverton and Altona Meadows having access to recycled water rather using fresh water. Our wonderful "do nothing" state governments contribution to it = ZERO, assessed by then as not being needed  ::)

Only decent thing my local council's done in the last 5 years
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1403 on: May 15, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
It was the introduction of the levy. The NDIS legislation has already passed.

Splitting hairs - it was about getting through what is needed to get this program started. Increasing the levy ensures it happens. And please don't say it was always going to happen because it the NDIS has bipartisan support - coalition has never explained how they would fund it  ;D

Now if only the stupid WA state govt would sign up to it rather than playing politics with it  :banghead :banghead

Gigantor

« Reply #1404 on: May 15, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »
my view on politics is a quote from a "Who" song...."meet the new boss ,same as the old boss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1405 on: May 16, 2013, 07:12:44 AM »
No just laughing at the most phoney Prime minister this country has ever produced.
Ever seen her speech before U.S. Congress? She fought back tears that day too quoting directly from Bono.   :ROTFL

Sorry Mr Tigra, dislike the woman, despise her even hate her but never ever question her motives regarding the NDIS and the effect the families and folks with disabilities she's meet in the last 12 months.

The NDIS is something she feels very strongly about (and yes I do too) and if you had really followed the NDIS from when it's was first announced to now like I have you'd know that

Those tears were real yestersday.

Sad that people don't believe it but hey what can you do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1406 on: May 16, 2013, 08:38:20 AM »

Sorry Mr Tigra, dislike the woman, despise her even hate her but never ever question her motives regarding the NDIS and the effect the families and folks with disabilities she's meet in the last 12 months.

The NDIS is something she feels very strongly about (and yes I do too) and if you had really followed the NDIS from when it's was first announced to now like I have you'd know that

Those tears were real yestersday.

Sad that people don't believe it but hey what can you do

I'm sorry WP but how exactly can you trust her or any politician 100%

Using the NDIS as a last ditch effort to save her own job and the ALP. Tears of desperation I say

As I said previously got nothing to do with the scheme more so to do with her fraudulent behaviour

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1407 on: May 16, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »

Using the NDIS as a last ditch effort to save her own job and the ALP. Tears of desperation I say

As I said previously got nothing to do with the scheme more so to do with her fraudulent behaviour

In principal I agree with daniel can't trust pollies been saying it for years

But this is very different, no last ditch effort here. If it was about saving her job she'd put it on hold but she hasn't because this is far bigger, far more important.

"Tears of desperation"? I don't buy it, not on this.

From personal experience I can tell you when something is as personal & important as this you can't manufacture tears. You simply can't no matter who you are.

I know there is a lot people who don't want to believe for a second those tears were genuine and part of me understands why, but in this case they were genuine no doubt about it.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1408 on: May 16, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »

In principal I agree with daniel can't trust pollies been saying it for years

But this is very different, no last ditch effort here. If it was about saving her job she'd put it on hold but she hasn't because this is far bigger, far more important.

"Tears of desperation"? I don't buy it, not on this.

From personal experience I can tell you when something is as personal & important as this you can't manufacture tears. You simply can't no matter who you are.

I know there is a lot people who don't want to believe for a second those tears were genuine and part of me understands why, but in this case they were genuine no doubt about it.

Sure they were

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1409 on: June 11, 2013, 04:41:46 PM »
Doug Hawkins & Barry Michaels are running for the Senate for Clive Palmer's Palmer United Party

See:
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/afl-legend-doug-hawkins-stands-for-palmer-party-20130611-2o1o8.html

Some funny stuff from Dougie  ;D