Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766139 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2235 on: May 13, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2236 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:02 PM »

Not far enough with the pension should have increased it beyond 70 and included the family home as an asset.

And what should the retirement age be raised to? Perhaps we just don't have one and people just keep working until they drop.

Suggest you have a chat to people who work 15 hours days doing manual work and see how at 45-50 y.o. their bodies are failing them. And explain to them how they are supposed to keep going until 70 or longer

And you reckon that a pensioner whose only asset is there home, who struggles to survive on the current $300-$350 odd bucks a week should lose part of their pension because their only asset is worth say $500-$600k

Really?

Because that is what you are suggesting.

There are people out there in the real world who have no savings, live week to week and all they have to show for their years of working is their home and you want to take away from them?

Yes i do. Why should people with a home valued at more than the medium have it excluded and get welfare at the same time.

Simple downsize it buy something smaller and you get your welfare.

The best thing the government could do it is have it included for say over 600k properties and anything less scaled down.
This wonderful system has people sitting on a property worth millions collecting welfare and laughing all the way to the bank

As for raising the eligibility well we are living longer so dont you think 65 had to change after being on that figure for many years.

Good budget but not hard enough. My hat goes off to TA

Lastly WP you were up in arms and have been so for a while now about cutting middle welfare but you cant bring it upon yourself to approve  his middle cuts. Its a big blow to Fam Tax A and b recipients, whilst those over 180k are copping it sweet.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:57:22 PM by Angus Hampson »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2237 on: May 14, 2014, 04:59:52 AM »
We are all very pleased for you and your parents  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2238 on: May 14, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
Yes i do. Why should people with a home valued at more than the medium have it excluded and get welfare at the same time.

Simple downsize it buy something smaller and you get your welfare.

You really are serious, quite scary to be honest

Why? because it's the only bloody asset they have. If they have savings of $1000 in the bank how the hell are they supposed to live if their pension is cut? Just because you own your home doesn't mean you are wealthy.

Downsize? Newsflash you don't get "your welfare" because if you sell a house for $600k and buy a retirement unit for say $350k then you will get no welfare because you have too much cash.  ::)

The best thing the government could do it is have it included for say over 600k properties and anything less scaled down.
This wonderful system has people sitting on a property worth millions collecting welfare and laughing all the way to the bank

See above. It is really sad that you have no concept of the difference between "cash wealth" (eg cash in the bank, shares, etc) and someone owning a home.

Here's a history lesson. Our family home which my Mum bought in 1975 when my Dad died cost her $38k. When she sold it nearly 40 years later to live near us because her health was failing it was worth more than 10 times that amount. Are you seriously suggesting she didn't deserve a pension simply because of her postcode? Just because she didn't have a mortgage she certainly wasn't rich.

As for raising the eligibility well we are living longer so dont you think 65 had to change after being on that figure for many years.

Good budget but not hard enough. My hat goes off to TA

Yep great budget by Abbott, that very decent man you keep harping on about who is now just like Gillard a liar who breaks election promises

Truly great job

Lastly WP you were up in arms and have been so for a while now about cutting middle welfare but you cant bring it upon yourself to approve  his middle cuts. Its a big blow to Fam Tax A and b recipients, whilst those over 180k are copping it sweet.

Thank you for proving that you only read and take in what suits you

For the god knows who many times I will repeat. I am very pleased that they have cut middle class welfare but (a) it doesn't cut deep enough and (b) it loses it impact with their pathetic and immoral PPL scheme remaining. He's robbed from area to pay for another. You want to make a statement then don't go ahead with something you cant' afford. You want to break promises then the PPL was the one that should have been broken

But in the next breath you punish those who struggle the most, the elderly. I have not changed my view on pensioners, have been very consistent you don't punish those who have paid taxes all their lives and barely survive from pension to pension. They link pension increases to the inflation rate. But pensioners get his hit the hardest with GP payments, PBS increases, the fuel levy increases etc. Guarantee you that no pension increase will cover all the other things they've been slugged with..

And what about his $250mil for putting Chaplains, yes Chaplains in schools. What a waste of money but gee he's done a really good job there hasn't he? Don't think there is anything you can say to justify that little money waster. But Tony's a decent family man so it must be good

I say this with no disrespect intended but you really need to get into the real world, walk a mile in someone elses shoes because you really don't get how hard it is for people that we should be supporting not whacking
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #2239 on: May 14, 2014, 07:41:36 AM »
The rich can still keep their same rorts by off setting most of their income through negative gearing and superannuation concessions etc.

Lmao WP you serious that $250mill being spent to continue the school chaplaincy program? Instead of finally squeezing money from these pigs they throw more at them.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2241 on: May 14, 2014, 08:03:33 AM »
Please do much cash. Try tell that to the people getting the pension living in affluent suburbs.

WP I see plenty of the real world and that's filthy rich people collecting the pension with assets hidden through their different means, whilst still collecting their max pension cheques.

As for your mums house if you read I did say less than the medium not elderly who have a house worth 400k. I would target those who own million dollar homes for a start and scale down.

Plenty of governments have had a chance to snip the N Gearing Dooks but noone has the balls to do it. Who introduced it anyway???

You labour one eyed people need to open your eyes. I did about 7 years ago when Rudd wasted all that money on rubbish. If you want to blame someone start with him

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2242 on: May 14, 2014, 08:11:31 AM »
We are all very pleased for you and your parents  :clapping

Not sure what you meant by that, but usually means you have nothing else to say, very common with the uneducated. Either delete your stupid post or delete my folks from there. Simple request.

Here this pal

My dad is more Labour than Labour. He donates his time to the local member for Bruce assisting whenever he can. Every election, state or federal, he is there. They all know him down there.

He breaths the ALP.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2243 on: May 14, 2014, 08:18:01 AM »
Just hope mumma and pappa enjoy the 20k comrade. No need to get down

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2244 on: May 14, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »

Lmao WP you serious that $250mill being spent to continue the school chaplaincy program? Instead of finally squeezing money from these pigs they throw more at them.

yes dwaino, new prgram announced last night

$250 mil for Chaplains in schools

Strip funding from health but at least kids will have a Chaplain to talk to at school  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2245 on: May 14, 2014, 09:00:03 AM »
Please do much cash. Try tell that to the people getting the pension living in affluent suburbs.

WP I see plenty of the real world and that's filthy rich people collecting the pension with assets hidden through their different means, whilst still collecting their max pension cheques.

As for your mums house if you read I did say less than the medium not elderly who have a house worth 400k. I would target those who own million dollar homes for a start and scale down.

Plenty of governments have had a chance to snip the N Gearing Dooks but noone has the balls to do it. Who introduced it anyway???

You labour one eyed people need to open your eyes. I did about 7 years ago when Rudd wasted all that money on rubbish. If you want to blame someone start with him

No Angus you need to open your eyes.

If our old family home sold today it would go for close to $800-$850k so in your world my late Mum who had no real savings ($5k aint savings), lived on $300 a week to pay for food, electricity, gas, water, rates, insurance and everything else would have to have her pension cut simply because of where she lived. Because you are classifying her as wealthy because of her postcode. Sorry but that isn't fair and it isn't real. BTW I know a lot of pensioners that are in this boat.

Again sorry but using my late mother as example she deserved a pension, she worked bloody hard, she paid taxes, she raised 2 kids under 10 when she lost her husband and you think people like her don't deserve a pension. Again no disrespect but you are wrong to even suggest that people like that should be stripped of their pensions and other entitlements. It is nothing short of disgusting

I am not disputing there are older Australians who rort the system, they are the ones who are "cash wealthy" and they should lose their benefits but to throw every single penisioner into the same boat is not realistic

Suggest you open your eyes. For 3 years you went on about Gillard lying, breaking promises and now Abbott has done the same thing.

I am all for the age of entitlement being over for those who have know right to these "entitlements" but to attack those who deserve the help is a outside of being disgraceful is gutless and deceitful. And thats what Abbott is doing

But at least your kids will have a chaplain to chat to at school in the future  :thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2246 on: May 14, 2014, 09:17:06 AM »
heaven forbid we dont attack those who need money the most as wasteful spending.

Slow the pension, extend the pension age, cut 500 million dollars from aboriginal programs, cut funding to health and education, increase prescription medication and doctors visits. all permanent. etc etc etc

but spend 200 million on chaplains countless billions on warplanes, impose a temporary tax hike on the rich 10% and only freeze pollies pay for 12 months. oh yeah bringback knighthoods too.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:34:51 AM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2247 on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
On a slightly different note, did anyone see Laury Oakes interview of Joe Hockey asking why before announcing the budget he was dancing in his office to 'this is the best night of my life'?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9yuhiu-n1PA

Hockey was absolutely lost for words.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:49:27 AM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2248 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »
I think the scariest thing about this budget has been that when people fall on hard times there has always been a safety net there for them to fall back on. Not so it seems now for our youth with the six month wait for Newstart. Basically, the youth of Australia are our future, we don't need them living on the streets or turning to crime to support themselves. Actually, in this AFFLUENT country, no person should be living on the streets.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2249 on: May 14, 2014, 10:19:54 AM »

Not sure what you meant by that, but usually means you have nothing else to say, very common with the uneducated. Either delete your stupid post or delete my folks from there. Simple request.

Here this pal

My dad is more Labour than Labour. He donates his time to the local member for Bruce assisting whenever he can. Every election, state or federal, he is there. They all know him down there.

He breaths the ALP.

It's Labor not Labour.

:cheers