Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774159 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2310 on: May 22, 2014, 01:51:38 PM »
I need my seven hundred dollar sneakers for my occupy protest thank you very much

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2311 on: May 22, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »
Easy to fix. Get off Welfare and go out and earn some money. There are too many people on welfare out there who are quite capable of getting a job but choose not to as it will affect their lifestyle.
Well I'm sorry, if you are able bodied and on welfare, being discerning is not an option you are entitled to.  Now the Government is putting the pressure on them, they can either get off their backsides and find ways to earn some money or suffer.
I'm sorry but hard workers like myself who have never received government entitlements have very little patience for Dole bludgers whingeing about how its going to cost them more to live.
They've had too much for too long at the taxpayers expense.
A friend of mine is not highly educated and certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed but he works damn hard at 3 jobs and like me is also not affected by the government changes because his income from the three jobs combined give him some reasonable coin.  Sure he doesn't have the greatest social life but his priority is to look after his family and be totally non-reliant on any government handouts.
He is the kind of person who should be in the spotlight instead of these whingeing namby pamby where's my handouts gone bludgers.   

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2312 on: May 22, 2014, 02:36:17 PM »
I need my seven hundred dollar sneakers for my occupy protest thank you very much

i need my negative gearing subsidy  to finance my 17th cbd penthouse, where i can watch protesters and scorn at them for not wearing Aldi brand shoes
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2313 on: May 22, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »

i need my negative gearing subsidy  to finance my 17th cbd penthouse, where i can watch protesters and scorn at them for not wearing Aldi brand shoes
Paying lots of tax means you are working hard. Legitimately finding ways to pay less tax is just common sense. At least you are still contributing to the country by paying tax ne c'est pas??
Rather than having a go at these people, why not have a crack at the ones who pay no tax at all.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2314 on: May 22, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »
Easy to fix. Get off Welfare and go out and earn some money. There are too many people on welfare out there who are quite capable of getting a job but choose not to as it will affect their lifestyle.
Well I'm sorry, if you are able bodied and on welfare, being discerning is not an option you are entitled to.  Now the Government is putting the pressure on them, they can either get off their backsides and find ways to earn some money or suffer.
I'm sorry but hard workers like myself who have never received government entitlements have very little patience for Dole bludgers whingeing about how its going to cost them more to live.
A friend of mine is not highly educated and certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed but he works damn hard at 3 jobs and like me is also not affected by the government changes because his income from the three jobs combined give him some reasonable coin.  Sure he doesn't have the greatest social life but his priority is to look after his family and be totally non-reliant on any government handouts.
He is the kind of person who should be in the spotlight instead of these whingeing namby pamby where's my handouts gone bludgers.   

You may be employed but your posting stats suggest maybe not such a hard worker.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=146

:lol

and mine are not much better (or is that worse?)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2315 on: May 22, 2014, 03:34:46 PM »

Paying lots of tax means you are working hard.
incorrect
"Sliding doors moment.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2316 on: May 22, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »

I agree with most of what you are saying tiga. Like you since I left scholl and started working I have never received a govt payment (outside the Rudd thing that everyone got) in my life

Been calling for the cuts to middle class welfare for yonks. Glad they are doing something about it but to retain the PPL scheme is hypocritical in light of what they are spruiking & doing in this budget.... but I digrese

But what about (and yes I harp on it) the Pensioners? They are the ones I feel for and believe have been shafted in this budget bigtime

You know the ones who worked hard all their lives paid there taxes rasied families without handouts, have no super because when they worked there was never such a thing. The ones' whose only asset is their home. The one's whose savings are so tiny that they bascially live on $300-$350 odd bucks a week and that's?

They shouldn't have to worry about if the can afford to go to the doctors or how they are going to pay for the medications.

We should be looking after them becaus ethey deserve it, they've earnt it..

This budget doesn't in way shape or form and that is an absolute disgrace
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2317 on: May 22, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »

You may be employed but your posting stats suggest maybe not such a hard worker.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=146

I'm like Gary Ablett Jr. I have all the time in the world and still rack up the stats and get the job done exceptionally well week in and week out.  :thumbsup

Not all of us work the hours of 8:30am to 3pm  :cheers

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2318 on: May 22, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »

I agree with most of what you are saying tiga. Like you since I left scholl and started working I have never received a govt payment (outside the Rudd thing that everyone got) in my life

Been calling for the cuts to middle class welfare for yonks. Glad they are doing something about it but to retain the PPL scheme is hypocritical in light of what they are spruiking & doing in this budget.... but I digrese

But what about (and yes I harp on it) the Pensioners? They are the ones I feel for and believe have been shafted in this budget bigtime

You know the ones who worked hard all their lives paid there taxes rasied families without handouts, have no super because when they worked there was never such a thing. The ones' whose only asset is their home. The one's whose savings are so tiny that they bascially live on $300-$350 odd bucks a week and that's?

They shouldn't have to worry about if the can afford to go to the doctors or how they are going to pay for the medications.

We should be looking after them becaus ethey deserve it, they've earnt it..

This budget doesn't in way shape or form and that is an absolute disgrace
Fair call WP. I don't put pensioners in the same slot as good for nothing able bodied welfare bludgers. Pensioners deserve to be protected and should be given every entitlement they need.
I'm sure if we got rid of the bottom end of the welfare system, there would be more money to go towards providing pensioners a lifestyle they deserve.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2319 on: May 22, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »

I'm like Gary Ablett Jr. I have all the time in the world and still rack up the stats and get the job done exceptionally well week in and week out.  :thumbsup

Not all of us work the hours of 8:30am to 3pm  :cheers

I work 6:30am to 4:00pm

:thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2320 on: May 22, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
its interesting that there seems to be a belief by liberal supporters that probably one of the biggest things (if not T H E) biggest problem with govt spending is that Dole bludgers suck up huge amounts of the taxes working people pay.

ill put out a question or two im interested in peoples take on.

1) what percentage of able bodied adults are actually dole bludgers? the official unemployment rate is what ~ 6.5%? is it most of the unemployed? or only a small minority?
2) is there enough permanent work to support all able bodied adults in this country?
3) do you think we would pay more in unemployment benefits as a country than say mining subsidies or corporate tax subsidies or neg gearing?
4) if the amount of money paid in subsidies and gearing is huge, is it needed by those people whom already live comfortably? is it morally justified? Why?
5) Is the money needed for people (non dole bludgers) justified less so?

some answers from my perspective.

welfare (dole payments) in 2010/11 was approx 6.4 billion. this represents less than 1/13 of welfare paid, the majority being paid rightfully to pensioners and disabled payments.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=nMt9U5PlIYWC8gWV_ICoBw&url=http://www.aihw.gov.au/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx%3Fid%3D60129544564&cd=8&ved=0CDUQFjAH&usg=AFQjCNHtFOHSGiU4-rosnRQ9xo4Fg_fnBQ

negative gearing cost the taxpayers 3.8 billion in 2007/8. money for people who dont need it to survive. is this ethical?

http://theconversation.com/its-time-to-abolish-negative-gearing-9879

Fuel tax credit scheme ~ 5.2 billion

http://theconversation.com/the-great-global-warming-subsidy-the-truth-about-australian-corporate-welfare-23281

Arent all groups sucking off the government? Whats the difference?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:25:30 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2321 on: May 22, 2014, 10:46:34 PM »
well said Tiga, one of the smartest posts in a while. No time for dole bludgers.

Dooks you crap on about negative gearing costing x amount of dollars. How is that worse than a family on 100k receiving family benefits.

I see first hand where families are earning 150-200k yet continue to receive benefits and i'm not talking about PPL.

Happens in all classes not just the top end who utilize tax benefits. I gave you an example of middle class who are reaping thousands of dollars through tax minimization. This is not an isolated example. Middle class are raping the system also.

Need i remind you it was your beloved labour party who created it.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2322 on: May 22, 2014, 11:50:49 PM »
If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2323 on: May 23, 2014, 04:35:54 AM »
well said Tiga, one of the smartest posts in a while. No time for dole bludgers.

Dooks you crap on about negative gearing costing x amount of dollars. How is that worse than a family on 100k receiving family benefits.

I see first hand where families are earning 150-200k yet continue to receive benefits and i'm not talking about PPL.

Happens in all classes not just the top end who utilize tax benefits. I gave you an example of middle class who are reaping thousands of dollars through tax minimization. This is not an isolated example. Middle class are raping the system also.

Need i remind you it was your beloved labour party who created it.

Wrong, it was John Howard and the Libs that created this (unaffordable family tax benefit middle class welfare) system.

http://www.asb.unsw.edu.au/schools/taxationandbusinesslaw/atta/attajournal/Documents/12_Hodgson_JATTA_vol1_no2.pdf

But you are missing the point it is the Pensioners that I am most concerned about.

I didn't vote for Abbott and possibly the Labor party needed the wake up call that it got BUT...

This arrogant Government has shot itself in the foot with this Budget.

Let's see how they deal with a hostile senate, it might put our opinion of Julia Gillard into perspective.

And yes she and Rudd had to go.

I think History will judge Julia far better than Tony.

:cheers

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2324 on: May 23, 2014, 06:16:47 AM »
I was talking about negative gearing pal

Try again

What about the pensioners? What are they losing out on? $7 hospital visits?

The people most affected are the ones born after 63 or whatever it is as they aren't eligible until they
Until 70. Maybe indexing payments to inf was a mistake, but who is to say it will pass the senate, ditto PPL. I'm tipping neither will

You have been given examples of middle class rorts yet then you return back to the pensioner argument

You need to face facts my friend. Middle and upper have been receiving tax breaks for years and years, but hey let's just focus on neg gearing recipients shall we

Abbott stopped the boats, Abbott is reducing debt so in my eyes his already streets ahead of that bitch. Did they both lie? Yes but so what they join a prestigious group in society that we are all apart of

Mate a lot of this won't pass senate, so id suggest you hold your guns and your greeny tree hugging rhetoric you have been boring is with until the senate meet.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.