Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766353 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2580 on: August 07, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »
So who does the Government put in charge of IT legislation? Someone who knows nothing about computers :facepalm :rollin.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #2581 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:17 PM »

Aside from the fact Temple Mount and other key sites of Judaism aren't in the USA, I'd doubt, dwaino, the tea party conservative Christian fundamentalists in mid-west America would welcome millions of immigrants who deny Geez' divinity :nope.

I don't agree with all of it, I put it up for lols. But don't write off the christian fundamentalists. A condition for their second coming is the 'land of the jews' to be in jewish control. That's how the final battle on Megiddo happens. The zionist agenda of the US is the only reason Israel still stands.

It's the 21st century. Can you believe some still buy into mythology?  :banghead

dwaino

« Reply #2582 on: August 07, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »
So who does the Government put in charge of IT legislation? Someone who knows nothing about computers :facepalm :rollin.

Same government that removed the minister of science because it thinks it knows better. No surprise there.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2583 on: August 08, 2014, 03:47:23 AM »

bloody hell. that is appaulingly bad
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2584 on: August 08, 2014, 07:37:36 AM »

The Libs have even peeed off the Russians.

Not necessarily a bad thing but our farmers will suffer because Abbott and Bishop want to be players on the world scene.

Russia imposes sanctions on Australian beef, dairy, fruit and vegetables

August 8, 2014 - 6:25AM

James Massola

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says she is disappointed Russia has imposed a “full embargo” on food imports from Australia, arguing Moscow should have instead moved to halt the supply of heavy weapons to separatist rebels in Ukraine.

The wide-ranging Russian sanctions apply to most foodstuffs from Western countries and are a response to limited sanctions imposed on Moscow by the West.

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev told a government meeting on Thursday that "Russia is introducing a full embargo on import of beef, pork, fruit and vegetable produce, poultry, fish, cheese, milk and dairy products from the European Union, United States, Australia, Canada and Norway"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/russia-imposes-sanctions-on-australian-beef-dairy-fruit-and-vegetables-20140807-101oc8.html#ixzz39kDxa04i

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2585 on: August 08, 2014, 08:54:21 AM »

Good

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2586 on: August 08, 2014, 10:41:07 AM »

And they have peeed off the AMA as well.

:lol

Eric Abetz draws link between abortion and breast cancer before World Congress of Families

August 8, 2014 - 9:54AM

Saffron Howden

Senior government minister Eric Abetz has drawn a link between abortion and breast cancer in a television interview.

Senator Abetz, the leader of the government in the upper house and the Employment Minister, made the comments on Channel Ten program The Project on Thursday night when asked if he believed the "factually incorrect" statement that abortion leads to breast cancer.

"I think the studies, and I think they date back from the 1950s, assert that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer," he said.

When his comments were questioned, Senator Abetz said: "There are other organisations [other than the Australian Medical Association] that have differing views."

The Australian Medical Association said the comments were irresponsible.

"If he's quoting papers from the 1950s, I suspect that's where he's living," the AMA president, Associate Professor Brian Owler, said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/eric-abetz-draws-link-between-abortion-and-breast-cancer-before-world-congress-of-families-20140807-101p60.html#ixzz39kySyG1N

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2587 on: August 08, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »

Not necessarily a bad thing but our farmers will suffer because Abbott and Bishop want to be players on the world scene.

James Massola

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says she is disappointed Russia has imposed a “full embargo” on food imports from Australia, arguing Moscow should have instead moved to halt the supply of heavy weapons to separatist rebels in Ukraine.

The wide-ranging Russian sanctions apply to most foodstuffs from Western countries and are a response to limited sanctions imposed on Moscow by the West.

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev told a government meeting on Thursday that "Russia is introducing a full embargo on import of beef, pork, fruit and vegetable produce, poultry, fish, cheese, milk and dairy products from the European Union, United States, Australia, Canada and Norway"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/russia-imposes-sanctions-on-australian-beef-dairy-fruit-and-vegetables-20140807-101oc8.html#ixzz39kDxa04i

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24661997/australia-disappointed-by-russia-sanctions/

honestly mate you are losing credibility by the day.

You think labour would have handled it differently do you?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2588 on: August 08, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »

I disagree with this assertion as it implies that '65 still had credibilty.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2589 on: August 08, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »

James Massola

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24661997/australia-disappointed-by-russia-sanctions/

You think labour would have handled it differently do you?

Yes I think they would have.

I am certain Labor would have made a large amount of noise but in effect not done anything to upset a super power.

There is no way they would have shown the strong leadership Liberal has

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2590 on: August 08, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »

Yes I think they would have.

I am certain Labor would have made a large amount of noise but in effect not done anything to upset a super power.

There is no way they would have shown the strong leadership Liberal has

:lol

dwaino

« Reply #2591 on: August 08, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
The ones affected the most by these sanctions will be Russians. A return to the Soviet bread lines.

Most of the west are included under Russia's embargo so hardly the fault of any government.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2592 on: August 08, 2014, 05:27:09 PM »
exactly chuck and dwaino, his gone all adam bandt on us and unfortunately for him people have stopped listening.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2593 on: August 08, 2014, 06:51:35 PM »
exactly chuck and dwaino, his gone all adam bandt on us and unfortunately for him people have stopped listening.

Who?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2594 on: August 08, 2014, 07:03:31 PM »
This story just keeps on giving.

It has the potential to bring Tony Abbott down.

:thumbsup

Frances Abbott's teacher says she didn't deserve scholarship

August 8, 2014 - 5:21PM

Rachel Nickless

A design academic who taught the Prime Minister’s daughter and has been caught in a leaking scandal has brought a legal claim against his former employer saying he was effectively dismissed – and he has added Tony Abbott as a respondent to the action.

Academic Melletios Kyriakidis is at the centre of a storm over how the Whitehouse Institute, a private design school with Liberal Party connections, awarded a scholarship worth some $60,000 to Mr Abbott’s daughter Frances in 2011.

In May this year, Mr Kyriakidis leaked news of the scholarship to the media and was investigated by his employer for breaching student privacy. He resigned in June but has now brought an adverse action complaint in the Fair Work Commission alleging he was constructively dismissed and discriminated against for his political beliefs

He has brought the claim against Whitehouse Institute and four other individuals including Mr Abbott .

Speaking in an interview with afr.com for the first time since the affair broke, he said he was “morally outraged” by the waiving of Ms Abbott’s tuition fees, particularly given the government’s plans to increase the cost of degrees.

“If you are going to put a budget out there and say you all have to do it tough, you have to lead by example,” Mr Kyriakidis said. He taught Ms Abbott over three years.

He questioned whether Mr Abbott’s daughter was worthy of a merit scholarship, saying while she was a hard-working “high achiever” who got a distinction for portfolio design, “there were a lot more people more deserving [of a scholarship]”.

Even from her class I could name 10 people more deserving either for merit or financial need or both,” he said. He added that he knew of other “more deserving” students who tried to get a scholarship and were rebuffed.

He also expressed his sadness at Ms Abbott being caught up in the affair.

“Frances is a lovely person. I don’t want this to be about her but I want this to be about fairness.” Mr Kyriakidis said he leaked to the press because he believed he was a whistle-blower.

MPs must disclose gifts above $750 that go to dependent children.

Mr Abbott has resolutely said his daughter’s scholarship was awarded on grounds of merit and did not need to be disclosed. In his FWC case, Mr Kyriakidis alleges Mr Abbott should have disclosed the scholarship .

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/frances-abbotts-teacher-says-she-didnt-deserve-scholarship-20140808-102329.html#ixzz39n0G2eH6