Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 751755 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #3645 on: July 04, 2016, 12:21:12 PM »
I'm not sure there is any Labor "supporters" here. I think most have woken up that both major parties are a blight. Even young Dan seems to have opened his eyes.

I take you are still one those who blindly follow one party, seeing only bad in the other and good in the one u support?
No
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3646 on: July 04, 2016, 12:21:52 PM »
I'm not surprised there's absolutely no discussion on here how labour blatantly lied to everyone during the election and no one on here batting an eye.

All the labour supporters on here just let this crap go straight through the to the keeper.

ive got to say I'm not surprised by this silence.   :rollin

WTF?
Medicare

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3647 on: July 04, 2016, 12:26:36 PM »
I'm not surprised there's absolutely no discussion on here how labour blatantly lied to everyone during the election and no one on here batting an eye.

All the labour supporters on here just let this crap go straight through the to the keeper.

WTF?
Medicare

So? They all lie. Whats your point?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3648 on: July 04, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »

WTF?
Medicare

I made my point already. The silence on this forum was deafening.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3649 on: July 04, 2016, 06:07:10 PM »

WTF?
Medicare

You wouldnt be as paranoid if you werent such a liberal lapdog.

Thats the way it reads anyway.

As Penelope said, people are waking up and at least on this forum there is common ground being reached.

Time for measured rational discussion.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3650 on: July 04, 2016, 07:15:12 PM »
The swing is against Liberal for all the right reasons.

Going to carry on about Labor lying? Pot calling the kettle black +++++++

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3651 on: July 04, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »

Tell me it wasn't part of the Libs agenda.

The heat went on and they back peddled as quick as they could. Just like state income taxes and a 15% GST.

And thats not to mention all the lies the Libs have told in the past. $100 roasts etc.

All of which had no foundation in truth at all.

FFS give a break.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3652 on: July 04, 2016, 08:42:19 PM »
I'm not sure why it's so hard to comprehend.

I was commenting about the silence on this forum on that particular issue only, not a word was mentioned. As much as I find that mindboggling I wasn't surprised.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3653 on: July 04, 2016, 08:58:55 PM »

WTF?
Medicare

As Penelope said, people are waking up and at least on this forum there is common ground being reached.

BTW I used to be a labor lapdog because my dad brainwashed me and said I should vote labor,  that was until I read the labor constitution.  :rollin

Now I look carefully at all the candidates in my electorate, I find out where there from and some history about them etc. and I then take a considered & balanced approach when voting.

I only have a couple of no vote clauses;
-I won't vote for anyone that's not from the area, that's on both sides of politics (although so far that's only been labor candidates in my electorate)
-I won't vote greens.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3654 on: July 05, 2016, 08:56:22 AM »
I think the commentators and the Libs are overestimating the postal votes.

This was the first time in my memory that we have had an election in school holidays. Lots of the postal votes will be from teachers and parents of school age kids not just the rich and retired who normally don't go away during the school holidays.

Could be a whole lot closer.

I am predicting a hung parliament and another election either straight away or before Christmas.

:cheers
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:44:20 AM by 1965 »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3655 on: July 05, 2016, 09:51:53 AM »

WTF?
Medicare

BTW I used to be a labor lapdog because my dad brainwashed me and said I should vote labor,  that was until I read the labor constitution.  :rollin

Now I look carefully at all the candidates in my electorate, I find out where there from and some history about them etc. and I then take a considered & balanced approach when voting.

I only have a couple of no vote clauses;
-I won't vote for anyone that's not from the area, that's on both sides of politics (although so far that's only been labor candidates in my electorate)
-I won't vote greens.

yep. Biggest bunch of idiots in politics that mob
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3656 on: July 05, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »
Can you explain why?

Cause the reckon we should stop killing random brown women / children and the planet?

Nut cases indeed
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3657 on: July 05, 2016, 10:39:44 PM »
I'm not sure why it's so hard to comprehend.

I was commenting about the silence on this forum on that particular issue only, not a word was mentioned. As much as I find that mindboggling I wasn't surprised.

Imagine if t was Abbott who orchestrated this or anyone from the LNP, MT and a few others on here would be up in arms and we wouldn't hear the end of their rambling.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3658 on: July 06, 2016, 12:26:12 PM »
More lies from the Lib campaign.

And all they can talk about now is Labor's Medicare lie.

Read the excerpt from this article.

Talk about scare campaigns.

I hope the Libs form government.

Nothing will get through the senate that Turnbull's dumb double dissolution caused.

Election results: Scott Morrison and Julie Bishop undermine Malcolm Turnbull's mea culpa

Recall Morrison using the word "war" some 14 times on the day the remains of 33 Australian soldiers were brought home from Vietnam, to describe how Labor would use "tax as their bullets" and take a "sledgehammer" to jobs and growth at the start of the campaign. 

When Turnbull was reminded that he had previously cautioned against the use of "violent metaphors", he endorsed Morrison's language without reservation.

"Let me say this to you: Bill Shorten has declared war on business. He's declared war on the family businesses of Australia... and the first casualties are jobs."

Recall Peter Dutton's warning that "Illiterate and innumerate" refugees would take Australian jobs and/or "languish" on the dole and use free health services provided by Medicare. Or his pre-campaign declaration that "the economy will come to a shuddering halt and I think the stock market will crash" under Labor's proposed changes to negative gearing.

Or the claim by Morrison and Turnbull that the changes would "smash" house prices.

Recall Turnbull's assertion that Labor's plan to give permanent protection to refugees who have been in the community for more than three years would "send an absolutely unequivocal signal to the people smugglers that under a Labor government anyone who manages to get to Australia on a boat will be able to stay here permanently".

This, despite the fact that under the policies of Labor and the Coalition, anyone who manages to get to Australia on a boat will be banished to Nauru and never offered an Australian visa, temporary or otherwise.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016-opinion/election-results-scott-morrison-and-julie-bishop-undermine-malcolm-turnbulls-mea-culpa-20160706-gpzivp.html#ixzz4DaibYlf5

tony_montana

« Reply #3659 on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:03 PM »
They all lie, but labor went too far. Masquerading as a gvt agency is a crime.