Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 738650 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4350 on: March 28, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »
Oh look, SFF performed so much better than ON in the state election

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #4351 on: March 28, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
One Nation exposed as the frauds they are by seeking millions in foreign funding from the NRA and the US pro-gun lobby to weaken Australia's laws.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/sell-massacre-nra-playbook-revealed-190325111828105.html

Latham must be so proud to represent them  :wallywink.

Weakening Australia’s has really become a “buzz topic” with the media since the New Zealand massacre but can anyone tell me how the current gun laws are being weaken’d? Who is that is weakening them and has there actually been any proposal put forward to back any of this rumour mungering up or is it all just a media beat that’s riding the emotional coat tails of what’s just gone on in NZ?
The mainstream parties in the political centre won't but there are those at the fringes who if given the opportunity would try to weaken our gun laws. It's part of their platform. Did you see the recordings of Ashby and that One Nation pollie? They were willing to do it for cash from the US gun lobby.

I seen an absolute media beat up regarding One Nation and the NRA.
Andrew Bolt absolutely hit the nail on the head with his assessment!
Again all firearm scaremongering off the back of what happened in NZ ::)

https://www.facebook.com/PaulineHansonAu/videos/648811602202782/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4352 on: March 28, 2019, 11:48:31 PM »
One Nation exposed as the frauds they are by seeking millions in foreign funding from the NRA and the US pro-gun lobby to weaken Australia's laws.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/sell-massacre-nra-playbook-revealed-190325111828105.html

Latham must be so proud to represent them  :wallywink.

Weakening Australia’s has really become a “buzz topic” with the media since the New Zealand massacre but can anyone tell me how the current gun laws are being weaken’d? Who is that is weakening them and has there actually been any proposal put forward to back any of this rumour mungering up or is it all just a media beat that’s riding the emotional coat tails of what’s just gone on in NZ?
The mainstream parties in the political centre won't but there are those at the fringes who if given the opportunity would try to weaken our gun laws. It's part of their platform. Did you see the recordings of Ashby and that One Nation pollie? They were willing to do it for cash from the US gun lobby.

I seen an absolute media beat up regarding One Nation and the NRA.
Andrew Bolt absolutely hit the nail on the head with his assessment!
Again all firearm scaremongering off the back of what happened in NZ ::)

https://www.facebook.com/PaulineHansonAu/videos/648811602202782/
Andrew Bolt trying to defend his ilk. Who would've thought!  ::)

Hanson has form with supporting these nonsense conspiracy theories as does her party. She sided originally with anti-vaxxers and pushed the bogus claim that vaccinations cause autism until forced to do back down when it backfired politically.

Today was just a repeat. Once again forced to back down only because of the political backlash after being caught peddling BS conspiracy theories about Port Arthur. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4353 on: March 28, 2019, 11:49:56 PM »
Who cares, honestly?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4354 on: March 29, 2019, 12:49:00 AM »
They fielded like 10 Lower House candidates and averaged 8% of the vote, one of them got 13% in the seat he was running for (Ben Casey in Camden). That is just pure fake news you've posted dude.

They're not done counting LC votes and just the other day there was still a chance Latham's running mate gets in.

So as usual, I was right, you were wrong...:shh

I will back ON as long as Latham is involved as he is the only man who can save Australia...:shh :shh
Yeah, that's why he ran in a state election for a NSW LC seat rather than for the Australian Senate to save Australia  :lol. Nothing to do with self-interest in that he had zero chance of winning a Senate seat (would need a quota of 14.5%) compared to a 8-year state upper house gig requiring only a 4.5% quota  :whistle.

ON got a vote of 1% in the lower house which is what I said. It's why you didn't post the LA results  ::). If they were as popular as you claim then they would've ran in virtually every seat  :sleep.

The SFF got 3.5 times ON's vote in the lower house and won seats unlike ON.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/nsw/2019/results#party-totals

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4355 on: March 29, 2019, 11:01:16 AM »
Wrong :lol

You really have no idea :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4356 on: April 01, 2019, 07:56:21 AM »
Wrong :lol

You really have no idea :lol
Yeah the NSW electoral commission got it wrong too  :lol.

Of course, you were predicting a ON statewide vote of higher than 8% two months prior to the NSW state election. But in that time it fell lol :shh.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4357 on: April 01, 2019, 02:41:37 PM »
No, dude, you are comprehensively wrong lol :lol Trust me on this one.

Remember when you said Latham was a lunatic and wouldn't get elected? I told you he'd near doubled their popularity, and he had. He has. Rod Roberts is still a chance to be elected...:shh Benny Casey got 13% of the vote in his seat, so you really have NFI :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4358 on: April 07, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »
No, dude, you are comprehensively wrong lol :lol Trust me on this one.

Remember when you said Latham was a lunatic and wouldn't get elected? I told you he'd near doubled their popularity, and he had. He has. Rod Roberts is still a chance to be elected...:shh Benny Casey got 13% of the vote in his seat, so you really have NFI :lol
Wrong again  :lol. I said "ON could potentially win two seats at best" in the NSW upper house as the quota was just 4.55%. You were the one posting a statewide poll boasting that ON's support had doubled to 8% and would increase beyond that by the time of the NSW election. In the end, ON's statewide polling was 1% in the lower house and 6% in the upper house. Cherry picking certain seats that ON didn't get within daylight of winning anyhow doesn't dispute that :whistle.

You also claimed ON and the SFF wouldn't both field candidates in seats where one of them had a strong chance yet SFF won Murray against ON and the majors. Half of the seats contested by ON involved the SFF. However, it's the SFF and independents that are winning the anti-establishment vote especially in the bush where they are winning lower house seats unlike ON.

20 years ago ON ran in every NSW seat, polled 8% statewide, and scored 15-20% in about a dozen seats. They've never reached those "heights" since. They have always been a fringe party and always will be. Latham is a perfect fit as a bitter old loose cannon :yep. He won't care though as being nearly 60 the next 8 years will set up a handy retirement fund for him by the time his term is up. Playing the fear card and bagging migrants to attract the fringe vote is financially beneficial under our political system. Hanson now has interests in 4 properties. So much for being a battler that isn't like the major parties ::). It's all about gaining cheap votes for self-interest at the expense of slagging off minorities to creat fear and social division :sleep.

If Latham was/is so concerned about city congestion then why didn't he and his generation do their job and maintain existing PT while building the transport infrastructure (especially rail) that should have already been built by now  ::). Nah it's easier to deflect his own failures and blame the newbies instead  :thumbsdown. Yeah it's immigrants of today's fault that Sydney ripped up its tram network that was 3-times the capacity of Melbourne's and which in the eastern suburbs is now costing hundreds of millions to rebuild just a couple of lightrail routes. Of course, if Latham blamed his own generation and older it wouldn't get him votes. Easier politically to slag minorities  :sleep.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4359 on: April 07, 2019, 08:05:10 PM »
Do you just make stuff up as you go along, like why do you bother?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4360 on: April 07, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
Do you just make stuff up as you go along, like why do you bother?
Hardly made up when past predictions back in January for the NSW election are posted in this thread.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4361 on: April 08, 2019, 04:05:23 PM »

So a state could force an election if Morrison doesn't go to the GG this week.

In theory, Morrison could call a half-senate election for May 18 and leave the House of Reps election until November 2 to remain in government longer.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4363 on: April 16, 2019, 10:54:15 AM »
I thought this thread would have been bumped when Latham got One Nation their 2nd seat in NSW on Monday as I predicted?????

:shh

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4364 on: April 17, 2019, 05:56:40 AM »
I thought this thread would have been bumped when Latham got One Nation their 2nd seat in NSW on Monday as I predicted?????

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S