Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 748025 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4365 on: April 29, 2019, 01:32:22 PM »
The ALP cops a nice old whack from good old clive. Best thing he has said and right on the money especially the bit when he slags old mate bill aka s bradbury.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4366 on: April 29, 2019, 02:38:59 PM »
Haha he went off this morning.

Didn't mind the spray at the current pollies. Dunno if Clive would be much better, but good to see a spray nonetheless
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4367 on: April 29, 2019, 02:51:52 PM »
agree. Loved every minute of it especially the part when he mentioned that the shorton camp were told they werent getting preferenced,  and now we are seeing them cry like babies.

old mate bill ran a nice mediscare campaign last time, and are now requesting the libs to apologise for doing the same. Doesnt like it when the shoe is on the foot, and doesnt seem to cope with a bit of heat.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4368 on: April 29, 2019, 05:55:45 PM »
Dunno if Clive would be much better

Once Clive pays his former employees their entitlements from his failed mine  then he can say what he likes about anything

Until then his opinions mean very little

Anyone applauds this fraud condones his dodgy business deals andhis abhorent  treatment of decent people who worked for him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4369 on: April 30, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
The ALP cops a nice old whack from good old clive. Best thing he has said and right on the money especially the bit when he slags old mate bill aka s bradbury.
What are you talking about???

All that cantankerous old oaf showed was that he clearly has no proclivity or understanding of politics. Aside from which, hes been a significant benefactor for the Libs. As if there was any chance in hell he was going to give preference to the ALP.

if you blokes are counting that as a win you're in serious denial.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4370 on: April 30, 2019, 07:53:36 PM »
Will think you'll find in some Senate seats he is preferencing both Labor and Liberal in an attempt to block other minor parties from getting the last Senate spot.

He was spot on with what he said about Labor. What are you talking about, doug? If it was a different messenger it would have been better received but the bloke was spot on.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4371 on: April 30, 2019, 08:26:01 PM »

All that cantankerous old oaf showed was that he clearly has no proclivity or understanding of politics. Aside from which, hes been a significant benefactor for the Libs. As if there was any chance in hell he was going to give preference to the ALP.

it didnt stop them groveling up to him in the hope he would preference them. Of course it went the other and as a result the angst came from the alp camp. 

this from senator chisolm  :shh

"In regards to the 2019 Federal election, I attempted to do due diligence on what the Palmer Party’s intentions were, as I have done in previous elections.

"In recent weeks I had two very brief phone conversations in an attempt to discover what role Mr Palmer would play in the Federal election.

The unpaid workers issue didnt seem to bother the senator when choosing to contact palmer for a few "brief" phone calls about his role in the federal election.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4372 on: May 01, 2019, 06:47:18 AM »

it didnt stop them groveling up to him in the hope he would preference them. Of course it went the other and as a result the angst came from the alp camp. 

this from senator chisolm  :shh

"In regards to the 2019 Federal election, I attempted to do due diligence on what the Palmer Party’s intentions were, as I have done in previous elections.

"In recent weeks I had two very brief phone conversations in an attempt to discover what role Mr Palmer would play in the Federal election.

The unpaid workers issue didnt seem to bother the senator when choosing to contact palmer for a few "brief" phone calls about his role in the federal election.

Doesn't that quote contradict your assertion that Labor had been "grovelling up" or don't you understand what "due diligence"means?

This election is over bar the shouting ( voting), people have turned off and know how they will vote.

:thumbsup
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 12:45:30 PM by 1965 »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4373 on: May 01, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »
Yep I'm sure that's all he was doing  :rollin

Due diligence/grovelling/seeing which way the preferences were going

Spin it how you want. If they were so concerned about the unpaid workers why did the senator pick up the phone to discuss the federal election with big Clive?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4374 on: May 01, 2019, 07:13:50 AM »
Election may be over that is true  but it wouldn't be the first time you have been wrong

#just saying

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4375 on: May 01, 2019, 07:25:37 AM »
Election may be over that is true  but it wouldn't be the first time you have been wrong

#just saying

I was careful not to make a prediction,

The ratings result from the first Leaders debate shows that people are not interested.

There has been an increase in pre-poll voting, again showing voters have already made up their mind.

:cheers

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4376 on: May 01, 2019, 12:14:10 PM »
If there's an increase in early voting...and the election is over....wouldn't that mean that most people would have already voted.......:shh

Sorry 65, but I do believe you are talking out of your backside on this one.....:shh :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4377 on: May 01, 2019, 12:40:16 PM »
I give up.
 :cheers

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4378 on: May 01, 2019, 12:44:20 PM »
I have modified my original comment in order to make it easier to understand.

Sorry for the confusion.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4379 on: May 01, 2019, 12:50:38 PM »
We knew what you meant the first time.

Still incorrect