Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 739300 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4650 on: January 12, 2020, 07:02:52 PM »
Bette Midler is imploding :lol

:cheers

She's donated $500k to bushfire appeal
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4651 on: January 13, 2020, 07:24:30 AM »
Latest News poll is predictably bad news for ScoMo.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4652 on: January 13, 2020, 02:23:19 PM »
Who cares, election is over 2 years away. No doubt it'll be heavily favouring Labor all the way to the election and then the people will remember they're all greedy bastards and get sucked in by lowest common denominator politics.

Frankly, the scariest thing from all this is that it is only now starting to make people realise the incredibly dire situation we are in. And if the people couldn't understand and reason when it was presented in its simplest terms last election, why would it change peoples voting habits now?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4653 on: January 13, 2020, 04:59:27 PM »
Who cares, election is over 2 years away. No doubt it'll be heavily favouring Labor all the way to the election and then the people will remember they're all greedy bastards and get sucked in by lowest common denominator politics.

Frankly, the scariest thing from all this is that it is only now starting to make people realise the incredibly dire situation we are in. And if the people couldn't understand and reason when it was presented in its simplest terms last election, why would it change peoples voting habits now?
Especially in Queensland where the last federal election was mainly decided when we still have scientifically illiterate pollies from up there like Pauline Hanson being invited on morning TV to talk about climate change and despite the bushfire disaster still saying "it's a load of BS" ::).

What next? The Today Show in another pathetic desperate chase for ratings asking her views about neurosurgery and the future space colonisation of Mars?  ::).

These ignorant haters are deep down sadly tormented souls themselves. Again up Queensland we had a group of Young Liberals yesterday caught on camera bullying and abusing a drag queen for just reading stories to little kids at a Brisbane library. It's just been reported the leader of that Young Lib group has since committed suicide. No one gains or wins from this blatant ignorance. It's all just a tragic waste.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4654 on: January 13, 2020, 11:49:09 PM »
Suicided due to abuse from leftists

Something to learn from the situation for all
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4655 on: January 14, 2020, 09:11:25 AM »

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/federal-liberal-mps-forced-to-fight-for-their-seats-20200113-p53r54.html

Federal Liberal MPs forced to fight for their seats

Victoria’s federal Liberal MPs will be forced to contest their own seats in preselections opening on Wednesday, despite a last ditch effort to overturn the plan by members who say it will damage the party’s electoral chances.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:55:32 AM by Tired Tiger »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4656 on: January 14, 2020, 10:43:34 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/13/coalition-mps-split-over-scott-morrisons-apparent-shift-on-climate-policy

Coalition MPs split over Scott Morrison's apparent shift on climate policy

Moderate Liberals have seized on Scott Morrison’s apparent shift on climate change policy to argue the government will do more to cut emissions, as some conservatives push back against any “symbolism” that could damage the economy.

The left wing Guardian's poll has reflected the right wing News poll.

So who cares? I just think ScoMo might.

:lol

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4657 on: January 14, 2020, 11:07:33 AM »
I hope it does. I really do.

But I'm guessing in 3-6 months the status quo will return.

We shall see....

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4658 on: January 29, 2020, 06:26:01 AM »

Shades of the White Australia policy from Tony Rabbit and he is still peddling the myth that they have "got illegal migration under control"

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/abbott-calls-for-middle-class-women-to-have-more-children-20200128-p53vkx.html

Former prime minister Tony Abbott has called for middle class women to have more children, saying current rates of childbirth among this group were a "real problem".

The former prime minister also said Australia should cut its migrant intake.

He said he supported immigration generally but not at "any numbers".

"Having got illegal migration under control, legal migration is virtually out of control," Mr Abbott said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4659 on: January 29, 2020, 07:16:56 AM »
Is that you 65? Welcome back.

Stop tearing up mate election has been won and lost.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4660 on: January 29, 2020, 09:38:30 AM »
:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4661 on: January 29, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »

Shades of the White Australia policy from Tony Rabbit

Did he specifically mention white women or do you just assume middle-class women are exclusively white? Pretty racist assumption if so....:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4662 on: January 29, 2020, 04:11:40 PM »

Shades of the White Australia policy from Tony Rabbit

Did he specifically mention white women or do you just assume middle-class women are exclusively white? Pretty racist assumption if so....:shh
Abbott was talking about this at the same time as he wants legal immigration reduced. Most immigrants come from "non-white" continents these days. North-East and South & Central Asia now have the highest numbers emigrating to Australia.

See: Graph 3.5 Migrant Arrivals — Australia — Region of Birth — year to 30 June 2013 and 2018(a)
https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/3412.0Main%20Features42017-18?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=3412.0&issue=2017-18&num=&view=

European immigration is falling. For example the median age of an Italian immigrant is now 71 (a legacy of the post-WW2 years). Only 4% of Aussies are English-born and their median age is 56 (yet 36% claimed they were English rather than Aussie in the last census = hello cultural cringe! ::) ). Chinese and Indian born are now not far behind at ~2.5% each and combined now exceed and are younger than Abbott and his like :shh.

Table 1.2 Australia's population by country of birth - 2018(a)
https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/3412.0Main%20Features22017-18

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4663 on: January 29, 2020, 04:31:29 PM »
By the way, how long is it going to take for Bridget McKenzie to be sacked for the sports rorting and does it only stop at her?

https://www.news.com.au/national/colourcoded-spreadsheet-exposes-100-million-sports-rort-scandal/news-story/92ded4a6a5f878d70493ac4191929a70

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4664 on: January 29, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
By the way, how long is it going to take for Bridget McKenzie to be sacked for the sports rorting and does it only stop at her?

https://www.news.com.au/national/colourcoded-spreadsheet-exposes-100-million-sports-rort-scandal/news-story/92ded4a6a5f878d70493ac4191929a70

Even Andrew Bolt thinks she should be sacked.  :cheers

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt-why-bridget-mckenzie-must-resign/news-story/b7754b0b109f34128095a9c4f9dc2f2b

Andrew Bolt: Why Bridget McKenzie must resign

The sports rort scandal has finally exposed Bridget McKenzie’s treatment of devoted volunteers as shameful — and proven why it should not be tolerated. The government’s reputation can’t be restored until she resigns, writes Andrew Bolt.