Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766377 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4950 on: May 09, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »

I have oft said Scotty from Marketing will not contest the next election.

Peter Hartcher (SMH) talks about one possible alternative. (see link below)

He does not name him as a possible sucessor (those are my words)

https://www.theage.com.au/national/three-decisions-and-a-two-point-plan-how-australia-got-on-top-of-covid-19-20200508-p54rag.html

The possible successor was my thoughts not Peter's.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4951 on: May 09, 2020, 06:07:29 PM »

and yes we have been very lucky.

Being an island in the middle of nowhere is a distinct advantage.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4952 on: May 09, 2020, 06:28:09 PM »
Greg Hunt may be posdible deputy pm material cant see him being a top job contender which was your primary point.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4953 on: May 09, 2020, 06:44:30 PM »
Greg Hunt may be posdible deputy pm material cant see him being a top job contender which was your primary point.

I'm sorry but deputy PM is that National's leader.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4954 on: May 09, 2020, 06:45:45 PM »

I'm sorry but deputy PM is always the National's leader.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4955 on: May 10, 2020, 09:59:50 AM »
Ok. Fair enough. I dont see Hunt as a future leader. I think in the past he has sought the deputy leadership.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4956 on: May 10, 2020, 10:19:28 AM »

fin review is very good, my fav actually.

ever read that or do you just follow the trashy mags?

Actually I do

Great profile piece in there on Prof Peter Davey, who makes some strong comments about society today

Good report or trash?

;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4957 on: May 11, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »
The article from Hartcher shows the outstanding leadership of Morrisson. National cabinet attributed to Morrissons leadership. Goodbye Albanese Good night Labor. Youre gonna get trashed at the next election.

absolutely. Good read. Also shows what an outstanding team he has assembled.

well played PM.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4958 on: May 11, 2020, 03:49:32 PM »

well played PM.

Dare I ask

But this outstanding team..... 

- are you including Dutton: he of failing declare interests which is against the law (there are more but I don't have time to list them but the AFL's Gil says merci)
- Senator Cash; who like Dutton fails to declare and refuses to answer questions pertaining the an AFP investigation
- and of course the sports minister the SmoMo govt's rorts queen

Or are they not so outstanding or do you simply condone their behaviour?

And Frankie, don't drag the ALP into this we are specifically talking about this current govt and the team you have just labelled outstanding

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4959 on: May 11, 2020, 04:00:14 PM »
 :lol

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4960 on: May 11, 2020, 04:22:33 PM »
Laborites shouldnt criticise people forgetting to list things on the interests register. Labor mps all over the country have also forgotten to list things. In regards to sports grants every govetnment since the beginning of time hadls done. Very few if any did it any better than the Labor Party when theyve been in office.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4961 on: May 11, 2020, 05:25:03 PM »

well played PM.

Dare I ask

But this outstanding team..... 

- are you including Dutton: he of failing declare interests which is against the law (there are more but I don't have time to list them but the AFL's Gil says merci)
- Senator Cash; who like Dutton fails to declare and refuses to answer questions pertaining the an AFP investigation
- and of course the sports minister the SmoMo govt's rorts queen

Or are they not so outstanding or do you simply condone their behaviour?

And Frankie, don't drag the ALP into this we are specifically talking about this current govt and the team you have just labelled outstanding

sorry WP you dont make the rules, and you do look foolish if you dont want to dig up the ethical behaviour of the ALP.

Dutton has done a terrific job as home affairs. That is his portfolio and how he is judged. Thanks for proving my point. As for Cash well her work on the small business front, the portfolio that she is in charge has been outstanding to date esprcially during this covid. Ask some of the small businesses how they rate the performance. I operate under this and i can assure you the work has been brilliant.

You are trying to discredit her based on an opinion by who penny wong, bill shorten? Good luck with that. Scomo promoted her and he is blessed with an eye for talent so i would tend to follow his lead.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4962 on: May 11, 2020, 05:46:19 PM »

sorry WP you dont make the rules, and you do look foolish if you dont want to dig up the ethical behaviour of the ALP.

Dutton has done a terrific job as home affairs. That is his portfolio and how he is judged. Thanks for proving my point. As for Cash well her work on the small business front, the portfolio that she is in charge has been outstanding to date esprcially during this covid. Ask some of the small businesses how they rate the performance. I operate under this and i can assure you the work has been brilliant.

You are trying to discredit her based on an opinion by who penny wong, bill shorten? Good luck with that. Scomo promoted her and he is blessed with an eye for talent so i would tend to follow his lead.

I look foolish because I asked a question that you actually answered but had to drag the opposition in to it?

The ALP are not in power right now. So I am not interested in history and if you care to recall I have whacked previous Labour govt for some of their stupid actions.

Just like I have given the current mob kudos on the majority of things they done durong this crisis.(today was t his finest day
btw, shutting down questions)

But it doesn't make then immune to being held to account

Just So I am clear you have no issue with any pollies under the current govt breaking the law. Not my laws but the laws of this country?

Dutton has failed to declare his interests in property which is against parliamentary rules. If it was any ALP pollies you'd want them hung. So tell me why do you refuse to apply the laws to all pollies. Has done a good job with his portfolio? On some things yes but on others no. Pretty sure our best player doesnt think he's done  a stellar job  ;) but I am sure Gil does.

As for Cash, you bought Shorten and Wong into the discussion not me. I mentioned the AFP. She refuses to answer questions pertaining to a Federal police matter. Why? I am not trying discredit her, she is doing a darn fine job herself. If she has nothing to hide then answer the questions. It is not really that hard.

As for small business, she was against any type of wage subsidy program when it was first raised. The one thing that has rescued so many small businesses. Any idea who's idea it was?

I'll give you a hint, it was the bloke who is the chair of ScoMo's COVID19 working party. A former pollies.... who negotiated and bought all parties to the table... let me know if you need me to name him  :thumbsup

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4963 on: May 11, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »

And...

There is that horrible piece of work Tim Smith that suggested Dan Andrews was drunk on power.

Dan Tehan who completely lost it the other day.

Michael "do nothing say nothing" McCormack

Barnaby Joyce

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4964 on: May 11, 2020, 07:45:04 PM »
And how can I forget George Christensen.
Where do I start with this creep.