Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 738834 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4995 on: May 20, 2020, 05:39:13 PM »
Barak has been vocal of late.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4996 on: May 23, 2020, 08:52:42 AM »
Not sure where to post this?

Here or on the Aust political thread

Perhaps both....  ;D

The silence on here about this stuff up is deafening

But....no surprise.... Now if the roles were reversed WOWEE ....

https://www.afr.com/policy/tax-and-super/later-60b-jobkeeper-error-discovered-20200522-p54vkm

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4997 on: May 23, 2020, 10:09:35 AM »
Not sure where to post this?

Here or on the Aust political thread

Perhaps both....  ;D

The silence on here about this stuff up is deafening

But....no surprise.... Now if the roles were reversed WOWEE ....

https://www.afr.com/policy/tax-and-super/later-60b-jobkeeper-error-discovered-20200522-p54vkm

please.

did it cost lives and or money? No. Money left over is the way i read it so they will approve more applications now under the grants. The ALP who created scheme after scheme threw money down the drain and killed people. I know which one voters like more.

Another left angle from albo the dud, and before you go on a rant. That word is commonly referred to in Hong Kong and quoted here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_elite

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4998 on: May 23, 2020, 12:28:37 PM »

A monumental 60 billion stuff up.

On the front page of the Age and hidden away on page 8 of the Herald-Sun.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4999 on: May 23, 2020, 02:12:34 PM »
Another left angle from albo the dud, and before you go on a rant. That word is commonly referred to in Hong Kong and quoted here.

Final warning to you Frankie and everyone else, the term "left" and its use is banned in this forum

There is no ifs, buts or maybes. It is banned!!!!!  :banghead :banghead

Clear?

If you cannot respect that rule, request then perhaps we need to look at bringing in a 48 hours ban like we have in place for the "C" word
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 02:30:10 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5000 on: May 23, 2020, 02:29:25 PM »

please.

did it cost lives and or money? No. Money left over is the way i read it so they will approve more applications now under the grants. The ALP who created scheme after scheme threw money down the drain and killed people. I know which one voters like more.

Have to say your response is exactly what I was expecting. Obviously different rules for different fools

If this was Labour govt you'd be tearing them to shreds over this .... you know it.

So glad you think this is a good thing?  Millions of people missed out on this because they didn't qualify because the cost was so supposedly so great they had harsh restrictions on it who could get it.

"Costs lives" interesting question I don't think we know do we? Hasn't been any stats on possible suicides caused by people losing their livelihoods

Are you writing Treasurer Josh's scripts now.  In an interview yesterday when he was challenged on the $60 billion stuff up his response was "well if it was Labour..... " seriously why can't this pathetic treasurer take responsibility for his department stuffing up.

Bottom line is you can't have it both ways? But it seems depending on which side of politics you sit you can.

And I won't even mention  the hypocrisy of this government's presser 2 days ago about electric cars...

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5001 on: May 23, 2020, 02:31:51 PM »
Brilliant economic management from frydenburg. Saved Australia $60 billion. Now he should start cutting back the free money to people.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5002 on: May 23, 2020, 02:31:56 PM »

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5003 on: May 23, 2020, 02:36:52 PM »
Only a rabid lefty would say that saving $60 billion is a stuff up. The left love free money where the taxpayers end up paying the bill.

Liberal stuff up = Australia saves $60 billion
Labor Stuff up =pink batts where peoples houses burnt down, cash for clinkers lol and billion dollar dodgy portables.

Libs saved us 60 billion Labor cost us billions in wacko schemes.

Its only a story for the left in society. It didnt even deserve page 8. They should have run it in the classifieds

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5004 on: May 23, 2020, 05:24:54 PM »
Only a rabid lefty would say that saving $60 billion is a stuff up.

True except they haven't saved $60 billion. It was a massive accounting error that happened on their watch. Shows a level of incompetence that is scary.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5005 on: May 23, 2020, 06:43:59 PM »

Gone a bit quiet.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5006 on: May 23, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »

Can you imagine a large corporation discovers a $6 billion mistake. Heads would roll.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5007 on: May 24, 2020, 07:38:00 AM »
Only a rabid lefty would say that saving $60 billion is a stuff up. The left love free money where the taxpayers end up paying the bill.

Liberal stuff up = Australia saves $60 billion
Labor Stuff up =pink batts where peoples houses burnt down, cash for clinkers lol and billion dollar dodgy portables.

Libs saved us 60 billion Labor cost us billions in wacko schemes.

Its only a story for the left in society. It didnt even deserve page 8. They should have run it in the classifieds

Spot on ramps. Best money ever banked. One thing counts and that's the ALP are clutching at a straw no one cares about  :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5008 on: May 24, 2020, 07:43:46 AM »
Brilliant economic management from frydenburg. Saved Australia $60 billion. Now he should start cutting back the free money to people.

Would start with the double dipping of the dole to those bludgers pretending to be "job seekers" who don't deserve a cent. A great friend of mine laid off 2 girls because both wanted to be paid job keeper while staying at home and not working. He said I am opening 2 days per well, they wanted to bludge so he dumped them.

Whatever happens you can take great comfort in knowing we have a great set of hands managing our economy.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5009 on: May 24, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »

please.

Have to say your response is exactly what I was expecting. Obviously different rules for different fools

If this was Labour govt you'd be tearing them to shreds over this .... you know it.

So glad you think this is a good thing?  Millions of people missed out on this because they didn't qualify because the cost was so supposedly so great they had harsh restrictions on it who could get it.

"Costs lives" interesting question I don't think we know do we? Hasn't been any stats on possible suicides caused by people losing their livelihoods

Are you writing Treasurer Josh's scripts now.  In an interview yesterday when he was challenged on the $60 billion stuff up his response was "well if it was Labour..... " seriously why can't this pathetic treasurer take responsibility for his department stuffing up.

Bottom line is you can't have it both ways? But it seems depending on which side of politics you sit you can.

And I won't even mention  the hypocrisy of this government's presser 2 days ago about electric cars...

Millions did not miss out. You have no idea what you are talking about. You do realise you can still apply  :lol

It was only last week there were emails out saying sorry you missed out and now try again we have broadened the eligibility. Now understood that was the business support scheme (state) but if you can apply go for it. Simple.

If you won't apply then it's your own fault for relying on accountants where really the individual should read up yourself.  I don't have anyone who didn't get it after applying, and that includes full part time and casual workers and the self employed.

This is money saved and a witch-hunt by a party bereft of answers, and still tearing up after the unlosable election.

I was talking about the bungled pink batts scheme? You know that hair brained scheme which cost money not the other way around.

If you want to talk about suicide how many have pulled the pin due to suicide or family violence with the extension of Conrad Andrews dictatorship lockup. We will never know but you count on it being more than covid. :shh