Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766124 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5070 on: June 11, 2020, 05:24:25 PM »
who cares :banghead

lets focus on dans performance as premier and the protestor who has covid now

:lol :lol

I was wondering how long it would take someone to link a selfish COVID protestor to the performance of the any politician in this country.

All pollies (even the PM) told people not to attend and over 100k people didn't listen.... though the reason was on the whole right the timing was deplorable; simply IMHO the protests should not happened in the current environment

And just on Andrew's performance - it has been excellent.

Has he got everything right? Like all the others including the PM; no he hasn't but Victoria is in a good spot. Yes we have new cases every day but when this state is testing to the levels we are compared to other states (double what NSW has been) then you'd expect to see more positive cases than other states.

Not sure how anyone can suggest a safety first approach is a bad thing, the wrong thing? Or does the political party you lead determine it? LNP it's a great thing, Labor and it's a disgrace.... is that how we roll?

Again, not sure how some selfish protester and tests positive COVID is the Premier's fault.... what exactly were he and the cops supposed to do? Fine everyone? How do you manage that? How do you stop 30k+ plus people turning up to a protest, fine them and then move them on?? I'm interested to know

FWIW every state had the same issue; that is a mass protests by people who showed no regard or care about the safety of others in this pandemic

The only difference at the moment is no other state has a had a positive test come through from someone who attended the protest; Victoria has that's the only difference...

Let's just see what happens over the next fortnight across the entire country before we start potting pollies.

The only people who should be held to account if we see a spike in cases are those who protested. Not pollies, not cops, not health officials just those who showed a total lack of respect to community because gues what? ALL LIVES MATTER

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5071 on: June 11, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »
FFS WP surely you got that my post was just a joking reference to the fact that phrase is now considered "racist" by the far-left kommisars.....thought it was pretty bloody obvious... ::)
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5072 on: June 11, 2020, 07:29:18 PM »
FFS WP surely you got that my post was just a joking reference to the fact that phrase is now considered "racist" by the far-left kommisars.....thought it was pretty bloody obvious... ::)

HUH?

I didn't reply to you, have no idea what your on about to be honest

I've been away from the forum since 5.30

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5073 on: June 11, 2020, 07:40:18 PM »
10,000 lunatic protesters Covid was always on the cards. Now there is a real fear of a 2nd wave.

Black lives matter but millions of Victorians were in lockdown for months and now we are at risk again because of selfish people many of whom i reckon have never cared about aboriginal issues but they just jumped onto the next bandwagon.

BLM but it needs government policy to implement
Change not half wits chanting in the streets spreading vovid 19.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5074 on: June 11, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »

HUH?

I didn't reply to you, have no idea what your on about to be honest

I've been away from the forum since 5.30

Ok sorry must've been one-eyed that deleted it. :cheers

I quoted the "All Lives Matter" part of your post and called you a racist as a joke....seriously though people have been losing their jobs for saying that...world's gone mad.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5075 on: June 11, 2020, 09:55:42 PM »
 :thumbsup

Agree the world has gone complete mad

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5076 on: June 11, 2020, 10:27:40 PM »
who cares :banghead

:lol :lol

I was wondering how long it would take someone to link a selfish COVID protestor to the performance of the any politician in this country.

All pollies (even the PM) told people not to attend and over 100k people didn't listen.... though the reason was on the whole right the timing was deplorable; simply IMHO the protests should not happened in the current environment

And just on Andrew's performance - it has been excellent.

Has he got everything right? Like all the others including the PM; no he hasn't but Victoria is in a good spot. Yes we have new cases every day but when this state is testing to the levels we are compared to other states (double what NSW has been) then you'd expect to see more positive cases than other states.

Not sure how anyone can suggest a safety first approach is a bad thing, the wrong thing? Or does the political party you lead determine it? LNP it's a great thing, Labor and it's a disgrace.... is that how we roll?

Again, not sure how some selfish protester and tests positive COVID is the Premier's fault.... what exactly were he and the cops supposed to do? Fine everyone? How do you manage that? How do you stop 30k+ plus people turning up to a protest, fine them and then move them on?? I'm interested to know

FWIW every state had the same issue; that is a mass protests by people who showed no regard or care about the safety of others in this pandemic

The only difference at the moment is no other state has a had a positive test come through from someone who attended the protest; Victoria has that's the only difference...

Let's just see what happens over the next fortnight across the entire country before we start potting pollies.

The only people who should be held to account if we see a spike in cases are those who protested. Not pollies, not cops, not health officials just those who showed a total lack of respect to community because gues what? ALL LIVES MATTER

Exactly. Finally a great post by you. All lives matter . You want a way to bring people together that's it. Not this GF rubbish even though he didn't deserve to die.

Just on Andrews he let the momentum build up during the week, and only announced he was against it at 2pm the day before. Rubbish performance and I hope he is held to account. He has had a terrible last month with his China back room deal. Are you happy with that??

Do you have any issue with his China belt deal?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5077 on: June 12, 2020, 05:46:54 AM »
who cares

It goes towards his competence as a PM and his ability to deal withe Black Lives Matter movement.

You have to admit his statement today at best was just plain dumb.

The only thing I will admit is I couldn't give a flying stuff about his comment. Like zero. Nor do I give a stuff about some movement that encourages a bunch of losers roaming the streets spreading their poo and hating on each other.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5078 on: June 12, 2020, 06:43:07 AM »
who cares

It goes towards his competence as a PM and his ability to deal withe Black Lives Matter movement.

You have to admit his statement today at best was just plain dumb.

The only thing I will admit is I couldn't give a flying stuff about his comment. Like zero. Nor do I give a stuff about some movement that encourages a bunch of losers roaming the streets spreading their poo and hating on each other.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

You don't care that PM Morrison is a complete buffoon.

I bet your attitude would be different if it was Dan Andrews that had made the comments.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5079 on: June 12, 2020, 09:29:11 AM »
 :banghead :banghead :banghead you are like my daughter when she doesnt get her own way.

I think daniel andrews has his own issues with his sweet china deal

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5080 on: June 12, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »
:banghead :banghead :banghead you are like my daughter when she doesnt get her own way.

I think daniel andrews has his own issues with his sweet china deal

No need to get nasty.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5081 on: June 12, 2020, 01:24:40 PM »
scomo's done it again, just when you thought he couldnt raise the bar well he has :bow :bow

Shouldn’t be a double standard” on the protests and the rest of society: PM
Chief medical officer Brendan Murphy says not possible to make safe the protests planned for tonight and the weekend and the Prime Minister says there “shouldn’t be a double standard” on the protests and the rest of society.

"Despite all the attempts of organisers to try and make them safe, those sort of events where people are crowded together and where you can't, we don't know who is there, are inherently unsafe," Mr Murphy says.

The PM emphasises "Australians have made great sacrifices to get us to where we are today and everyone has had very significant personal issues about which they have great feeling and if they can accommodate that in the actions they are taking and showing the discipline and respecting the restrictions that have been put in place, then so should everybody else.

"There should be no two sets of rules in this country when it comes to this."

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5082 on: June 12, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »
Sorry what has he actually done except once again stand up and say a whole lot of words. He has no decision making powers. The state premiers will as always make their own decisions. Scotty from Marketing is just full of hot air.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5083 on: June 12, 2020, 05:13:20 PM »

History is your friend in these times.

Really? Pity Scotty from Marketing has NFI about our history as a country.

Now he is claiming that Australia has no history of slavery.

Really what an absolute ignorant prick this happy clapper PM is.

Read the attached article or just google blackbirding.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/scott-morrison-claims-no-slavery-in-australia-sparking-backlash/news-story/c71ef8e6173d82c831d7f826bf8e82a6

Well Scotty from Marketing has apologised for any hurt his comments might have caused. Then he said he is not getting into the history wars. Trouble is there are no history wars. There is only one history in regard to slavery in Australia. Scotty from Marketing is just not up to leading the country.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5084 on: June 13, 2020, 08:05:23 AM »
Unfortunately for you TT thats not a view held by an overwhelming majority of Australian voters.