Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774156 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5235 on: June 29, 2020, 07:25:13 PM »
Scotty from Marketing is at it again with his "new" HomeBuilder scheme.

A good idea? It is if you are wealthy enough to afford a $150,000 extension or a $750,000 new house.

Does nothing for the people suffering on JobKeeper or JobSeeker.

Another stuff-up by Scotty from Marketing or was this the plan all along?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-29/queensland-homebuilder-hold-up-no-timeline-for-federal-scheme/12394130?section=politics

The Federal Government launched the HomeBuilder scheme on June 4, but just over three weeks later it is still not operational and there is no start date in sight.

No comments FJ?

my first comment is if you are going to post something then post it accurately.  ANY HOUSE worth up to $750,000. That is 2 now on here  trying to make it sound like if its only designed for the rich.

I wont dignify that with a response until that comment is amended, because we are all about accuracy on OER. :lol

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5236 on: June 29, 2020, 08:00:07 PM »
Scotty from Marketing is at it again with his "new" HomeBuilder scheme.

A good idea? It is if you are wealthy enough to afford a $150,000 extension or a $750,000 new house.

Does nothing for the people suffering on JobKeeper or JobSeeker.

Another stuff-up by Scotty from Marketing or was this the plan all along?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-29/queensland-homebuilder-hold-up-no-timeline-for-federal-scheme/12394130?section=politics

The Federal Government launched the HomeBuilder scheme on June 4, but just over three weeks later it is still not operational and there is no start date in sight.

No comments FJ?

my first comment is if you are going to post something then post it accurately.  ANY HOUSE worth up to $750,000. That is 2 now on here  trying to make it sound like if its only designed for the rich.

I wont dignify that with a response until that comment is amended, because we are all about accuracy on OER. :lol

Nice try. But this is a program that will not see the light of day. More crap from Scotty from Marketing.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5237 on: June 29, 2020, 08:21:38 PM »
Andrew Bolt: Why Daniel Andrews got it wrong

alp are imploding everywhere you look.

With respect Frankie,

Andrew Bolt is a biased journalist, always has been. He is a not anything remotely left, so therefore by extension he is anti ALP.

I won't even mention his constant defence of Pell and pointing the finger of blame at the victims because it is not relevant to this discussion

But more importantly, he ridiculed all things CIVID19 when we went into lockdown. Said it was an over reaction even when people were dying. But now it seems he has done a complete 360

So forgive me if I put very little credence in his opinion

now you know how we feel when that nyc times or abc rubbish is posted.

points made by Andrew Bolt are very balanced.

that said here is another one for you

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/rising-tension-in-labor-ranks-over-handling-of-coronavirus/news-story/1fb8349f155e266bfae3f03a3d595c71

Premier Daniel Andrews is facing growing internal angst over his handling of the coronavirus crisis.
Tensions are rising inside the state government after 75 new coronavirus cases were detected across the state on Monday the largest single increase since late March.
With authorities now all but admitting Victoria is in the midst of a second wave, Labor Party MPs are growing concerned about how the coronavirus response is being handled.
The government has come under intense scrutiny over its trouble plagued hotel quarantine system which has led to several outbreaks and dozens of positive tests.
It has also been accused of sending mixed messages in its handling of the crisis.
Critics have accused the government of being distracted by the damaging branch-sacking scandal that claimed three ministers and c ontroversy over its CFA and fire services reforms.
“There is anxiety being expressed about COVID and CFA,” one MP said.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews was come underwire for his government’s response to coronavirus
“There is an increasingly anxious edge to people on the Whatsapp group. You’d have to be a moron to think this is going well.
“We’ve pranced around but we haven’t done the basics.”
It is understood there has been significant infighting over the handling of the hotel quarantine system.
The government has been left scrambling for a solution to the troubled system after more than 30 new coronavirus cases were linked to two hotels.
Lax procedures have been blamed for security guards contracting the virus and some also spreading it to relatives.
Sources say eyebrows were also raised inside government last week over the Premier’s handling of a request for help from the Australian Defence Force.
After asking Prime Minister Scott Morrison for ADF support, more than 1000 personnel were set to join the Victorian coronavirus frontline.
The support was to include helping bolster the state’s hotel quarantine system.
But hours after announcing the move a revised request saw 850 personnel turned away without explanation.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5238 on: June 29, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
Not sure which is worse a totally imcompetant government or a corrupt one

Currently we have one that combines the 2

But I'm sure people will continue to defend them

Not sure how anyone can defend or support any govt that has been proven to be corrupt like our current mob have over the sports sorts fiasco

this hasn't aged well. So to be clear WP will you say the same thing about anyone who supports or defends the andrews government including yourself?

Just curious. These were your words not mine.

still waiting WP.

given the state of Victoria at present, and ALP in general, i eagerly await your response.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5239 on: June 30, 2020, 03:32:34 AM »

Interesting article.

https://theconversation.com/multilingual-australia-is-missing-out-on-vital-covid-19-information-no-wonder-local-councils-and-businesses-are-stepping-in-141362

Victoria’s chief health officer has admitted the government did not properly engage with linguistically diverse communities about COVID-19 in the runup to Melbourne’s recent spike in cases.
Professor Brett Sutton last week said:

"We know that there are some migrant communities, recent migrants or culturally and linguistically diverse communities, who are over-represented now with some of our new cases […] It's our obligation as government to reach those people. It's not their fault if we're not going in with appropriate engagement."
However, the Victoria Government is clearly worried about a link between linguistic diversity and infection, and is sending public health officials door to door to deliver health messages.

More than one in five (about 22 per cent) of Australian households speak a language other than English.
In Casey, a Melbourne hotspot, it's about 38 per cent and in Brimbank it's up to 62 per cent.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5240 on: June 30, 2020, 06:58:51 AM »
Not sure which is worse a totally imcompetant government or a corrupt one

Currently we have one that combines the 2

But I'm sure people will continue to defend them

Not sure how anyone can defend or support any govt that has been proven to be corrupt like our current mob have over the sports sorts fiasco

this hasn't aged well. So to be clear WP will you say the same thing about anyone who supports or defends the andrews government including yourself?

Just curious. These were your words not mine.

still waiting WP.

given the state of Victoria at present, and ALP in general, i eagerly await your response.

I am getting very tired you you baiting me over this Frank  :banghead

As l said I will reply when I am ready

For obvious reasons on this thread I am limiting my responses and keeping them very short

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5241 on: June 30, 2020, 07:28:01 AM »
Everyones just shooting the breeze in here no need to take everything seriously.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5242 on: July 02, 2020, 07:18:32 AM »
There is nothing to defend ramps hence why there is suddenly a case of memory loss

Mr Andrews. Wow. He should hand in his resignation. Fancy telling Scomo to stuff off when he presented him defence personnel on a platter. Now he let a situation where guards were sleeping with each other on the job then heading back to home to spread it even more

There is talk or those security forms rorting  the system And over charging the tax paper

ALP are finished here.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5243 on: July 02, 2020, 08:28:59 AM »
There is nothing to defend ramps hence why there is suddenly a case of memory loss

Mr Andrews. Wow. He should hand in his resignation. Fancy telling Scomo to stuff off when he presented him defence personnel on a platter. Now he let a situation where guards were sleeping with each other on the job then heading back to home to spread it even more

There is talk or those security forms rorting  the system And over charging the tax paper

ALP are finished here.

You think Andrews is gone but Morrison can do no wrong? Go figure.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5244 on: July 02, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »

ALP are finished here.

where is the tears emoji? i feel its required here as it seems so many have gone missing

i am still waiting for someone to defend daniel andrews and the alp's performance

will you be the first?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5245 on: July 02, 2020, 09:16:10 AM »

where is the tears emoji? i feel its required here as it seems so many have gone missing

Why do we need a tears emoji?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5246 on: July 02, 2020, 02:02:41 PM »
If it's OK with you Frankie

I have explained why I am currently giving this thread a very wide berth

When I'm ready I will post again in this thread, not when you or anyone else thinks I should

So again would appreciate it if you stop with the baiting because that is what you are clearly doing

Can I make it any clearer for you?

Also throw in it is EOFY and I am accountant so my focus right now is on my work and not debating politics and getting accused by people of things that are blatantly untrue
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:55:51 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5247 on: July 02, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »

ALP are finished here.
A sudden case of memory loss? I must have missed Frankie where you claimed the Federal and NSW LNP governments were finished due to the Ruby Princess  :shh.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/passengers-should-have-stayed-on-ruby-princess-inquiry-told-20200629-p557cf.html

Or are you saying the Government should still be blamed even when non-government individuals and companies blatantly, deliberately and even fraudently disobey covid rules and proctocols? You don't need training to know to not sleep with hotel guests nor hold multiple large parties ::). Nor do those returning from overseas in hotels need training to know to not leave their room and break the rules either.

This outbreak is due to a minority of selfish idiots breaking covid rules. Even this week we've had almost a thousand residents in the hotspots refusing to be tested. Then there was that selfish git on Ch 7 news a few nights back telling them he's not going to change his life for a 'flu' and he doesn't care if he passes covid onto his grandma and kills her. Tonight it's reported a bloke travelled up to Sydney while infected and caught a suburban train. Not the only idiots either in Victoria as when I went down to Cape Schanck a few weeks ago it was packed and there were large groups not social distancing. Some people saw the low and falling case numbers in May and the calls from some to open up faster because other states were and they became complacent and stupid. Others just selfishly don't care because any rules are against their "liberties" ::). There comes a time in these instances when individuals need to be responsible for their own pathetic behaviour and actions. Blaming others including the government is a cop out!

Thankfully, the state and federal governments aren't pointing blame at each other and are just getting on with the job of dealing with this outbreak. As Prof. Murphy said a few days ago they were expecting and prepared for these new outbreaks. They know covid-19 writes its own rules as its highly contagious and that we have no herd immunity nor a vaccine. So we are all still at risk of even further outbreaks including those cocky non-Victorians interstate. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5248 on: July 03, 2020, 08:38:12 AM »
If it's OK with you Frankie

I have explained why I am currently giving this thread a very wide berth

When I'm ready I will post again in this thread, not when you or anyone else thinks I should

So again would appreciate it if you stop with the baiting because that is what you are clearly doing

Can I make it any clearer for you?

Also throw in it is EOFY and I am accountant so my focus right now is on my work and not debating politics and getting accused by people of things that are blatantly untrue

understood, i did  read about that.

dont bother about answering all good

il wait for tt to come back.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5249 on: July 03, 2020, 08:54:48 AM »

il wait for tt to come back.

TT went mad so we had to shoot him.