Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766437 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5520 on: December 04, 2020, 10:05:02 PM »
Sure but if he hadn't shot his mouth maybe none of the tariff stuff would have happened.

It must be hard to admit you are wrong about how he (scomo) has conducted himself. Country wanted a leader and they got it. No bull poo, hand shake dirty deals like our other mate and you are telling me it wasnt the right play with the chinese? The virus originated in one of 2 ways. One man made from China, which i wont rule out given how corrupt they are, and the other through animals that those filths eat over there. Either way its a china virus and scomo did what a great leader does.

If it was shorten he would have cuddled up to dan and jinping and probably got down on his knees for both of them.

Damo is right that country is a lying peace of poo. We can and should do better.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5521 on: December 05, 2020, 08:58:19 PM »
Sure but if he hadn't shot his mouth maybe none of the tariff stuff would have happened.

F em

You should always know who you are getting into bed with and Australia has made bad choices

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5522 on: December 06, 2020, 04:20:25 PM »
https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/belt-and-road-veto-won-t-reset-anything-andrews-20201206-p56kyr

Full credit to both federal parties. Dictator Andrews has simply lost the plot if he thinks the best way to handle the debt he created is to continue to give all the power to the Chinese.

Belt and Road veto 'won't reset anything': Andrews

Victorian Labor Premier Daniel Andrews is on his own when it comes to defending his Belt and Road infrastructure deal with Beijing, after federal Labor reaffirmed it never supported the arrangement and indicated it should be dumped.

Mr Andrews, who warned on Sunday that tearing up the BRI would further sour relations with Beijing, could soon become the next centrepiece in the brawl with China after Parliament, as early as Monday, passes the Foreign Relations Bill.

Penny Wong says federal Labor does not support Daniel Andrews' BRI MoU with Beijing. Dominic Lorrimer

The bill will enable the Foreign Minster to veto existing and future agreements between a foreign power and a state or local government, or a university.

Among the 130 existing contracts, memorandums of understanding and co-operative arrangements that will come under immediate consideration, 48 are with China. At, or near, the top of the list is the five-year MoU Mr Andrews signed with China in 2018.

Chinese-government funded study centres such as the Confucius Institute, which operates in 13 Australian universities, are also in the firing line.

Given the volatility between Canberra and Beijing at the moment, sources say it is unlikely the government will move quickly to veto any arrangements with China, especially Mr Andrews' BRI deal. China has already indicated through its media mouthpiece the Global Times that such a move would further exacerbate tensions.

On Sunday, shadow foreign affairs minister Penny Wong reaffirmed Labor never supported the BRI deal and she suggested it be negotiated away "sensible and calmly''.

"We have said we would not sign up to the BRI. We have made clear our position on that. Our position is different from that of the Victorian Labor government,'' Senator Wong told the ABC's Insiders program.

She said the Morrison government "should try and resolve this in a way that respects engagement with the state government and that recognises that China will observe how this is handled carefully".

"I don't think it has been good to have the Prime Minister and others engaging in a public argument about this."

Privately, Mr Morrison and national security officials have warned Mr Andrews that if he engages in joint infrastructure and other business ventures under BRI, he will be "owned' by Beijing.

Mr Andrews, who had a private conversation with Mr Morrison last week about the BRI, was defensive on Sunday.

He agreed the Australia-China relationship was in bad shape and in desperate need of a reset but tearing up the BRI would not "be resetting anything".

He said ultimate responsibility lay with the federal government.

"This bill was not just about Chinese agreements, it's a broader thing and it is a matter for the federal Parliament to determine whether that's what they want to do or not,'' he said.

Mr Andrews, whose state has a forecast $155 billion net debt, has argued he needs the revenue the BRI deals would create for Victoria.

The relationship with China exploded last week when the Chinese Foreign Ministry tweeted a doctored image of an Australian soldier slitting the throat of a child.

It was a reference to an alleged war crime perpetrated by the SAS in Afghanistan but so enraged Mr Morrison that he issued an immediate denunciation and demanded an apology.

At the same time, Labor accused the government of mismanaging the relations, resulting in accusations it was playing politics with the national interest.

Senator Wong rejected this, saying it was a simple statement of fact that the relationship had broken down under the Coalition's watch.

"In many ways the more important point is, 'what is the strategy?','' she said.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5523 on: December 25, 2020, 06:07:54 AM »

A nice little surprise Christmas present.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/liberal-party-s-fundraising-arm-might-have-breached-law-over-political-donations-20201223-p56psq.html

Victoria’s tough new political donation laws may face their first major test after the state Liberal Party's fundraising arm diverted hundreds of thousands of dollars of contributions into a federal campaign fund in an apparent attempt to sidestep strict local disclosure rules.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5524 on: December 28, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »

Another useless stimulus package from Scotty from Marketing.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/most-firms-not-planning-to-use-instant-asset-write-off-20201224-p56q1s.html

A survey by MYOB has revealed that with just days before the cut-off for firms to make purchases under the $3.2 billion scheme, many businesses are still too worried about the economic future to sink their cash into major expansions.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5525 on: January 26, 2021, 10:56:38 PM »
Scomo's stannce on Australia day should be applauded. He used the right words today, and im glad he acknowledged everyone, and to those who arrived on this day to build a better life in times of despair and hardship.

Leader.

Happy Australia day to all.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5526 on: January 27, 2021, 05:08:58 PM »
SNIP  :banghead

enough with the baiting, bullying and the trolling or you can enjoy a holiday  :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5527 on: January 29, 2021, 05:32:08 PM »
Haha haven't seen the old snip in a while
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5528 on: January 29, 2021, 05:59:46 PM »
Haha haven't seen the old snip in a while

I had the snip 30 years ago.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5529 on: January 29, 2021, 09:51:53 PM »

enough with the baiting, bullying and the trolling or you can enjoy a holiday  :banghead

wtf WP. Is this directed at me or have i missed something?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5530 on: January 29, 2021, 09:56:24 PM »

Nothing to do with you Frankie

Would say you missed it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5531 on: January 29, 2021, 10:01:17 PM »

Nothing to do with you Frankie

Would say you missed it
:thumbsup

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:28:45 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5532 on: February 03, 2021, 10:33:01 AM »
Looks like Alby has been knifed and is a dead man walking

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5533 on: February 12, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
The great man has done it again

How is that gold standard vrs other states going for you now Dan.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5534 on: March 14, 2021, 04:02:47 AM »
Total wipeout in WA. McGowan and Labor have won 50 or so seats out of 59 in the lower house and will gain the majority in the upper house for the first time. Libs look like being reduced to just two seats including their leader losing his seat. If that is how it stays then they will lose their party status in the WA parliament and all the staff and funding that comes with it. The Nats with more seats (4 maybe 5) will technically become the opposition in WA for the first time.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/wa/2021/results
https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/wa/2021/guide/lc-results
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd