Author Topic: Chris Newman [merged]  (Read 93706 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Chris Newman [merged]
« Reply #555 on: April 06, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »
The bloke has never been a captains sars hole.

Not his fault.

The club made a decision when they appointed him as one, to build the ensuing years on dud leaders rather than guys who lead by example.

Were suffering from this still.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
Mcdonughts has passed him by
It's one thing to say Newey is struggling but to say Mcdonughts has gone past him crap. Mcdonughts as you call him is as average as you get. Not quick, not strong, not a great kick, just small and lucky to be anywhere near the RFC. Nason mark2
sheesh once again i find myself agreeing. to say mcdonough has got anywhere near what newman has done is laughable. im not sure about what he can become to compare him to nason seems harsh.
i think the real problem for us as a club moving forward is blokes like newman foley s edwards king vickery etc etc etc theres heaps of them.there is no real replacement for them at the same level atm.
to replace them with promising kids who have good attributes will mean a likely step backwards as they mature and gain experience. imo  they the club just dont have the fortitude to do that.it seems its finals or bust which was always going to be a concern.

on ben nason well he should never ever have been drafted  what a poor player.
Do you see anything in Mcdonoughts to suggest he will be any good? Sorry to say but I don't.

Stopped reading when you said Mcdonughts is a poor kick. He's in the top 5 kicks at the club easily
and you hve confirmed this for yourself how. by watching him or by what others have had to say.

What would you know? You're a fan of Mcintosh  :whistle
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »
Donut is a lot quicker than people give him credit for. Also in the first game was one of the few that was trying to give us run.

the claw

« Reply #558 on: April 06, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
Mcdonughts has passed him by
It's one thing to say Newey is struggling but to say Mcdonughts has gone past him crap. Mcdonughts as you call him is as average as you get. Not quick, not strong, not a great kick, just small and lucky to be anywhere near the RFC. Nason mark2
sheesh once again i find myself agreeing. to say mcdonough has got anywhere near what newman has done is laughable. im not sure about what he can become to compare him to nason seems harsh.
i think the real problem for us as a club moving forward is blokes like newman foley s edwards king vickery etc etc etc theres heaps of them.there is no real replacement for them at the same level atm.
to replace them with promising kids who have good attributes will mean a likely step backwards as they mature and gain experience. imo  they the club just dont have the fortitude to do that.it seems its finals or bust which was always going to be a concern.

on ben nason well he should never ever have been drafted  what a poor player.
Do you see anything in Mcdonoughts to suggest he will be any good? Sorry to say but I don't.

Stopped reading when you said Mcdonughts is a poor kick. He's in the top 5 kicks at the club easily
and you hve confirmed this for yourself how. by watching him or by what others have had to say.

What would you know? You're a fan of Mcintosh  :whistle
I  sure am i reckon he has most of the tools to succeed at afl level. what i am not silly enough to do is say he has achieved anything atm or would be a better option or he  give more than the likes of newman atm.
im also a fan of helbig dea and miles. theres no guarantee any of those will be around for too long either. they are yet to prove a thing at afl level and will probably offer less than the likes of houli grigg foley etc if played in the short term.thats not to say i wouldnt like to see em get a games i would.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #559 on: April 06, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »
Each game he played mcintosh was awful

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: April 06, 2014, 08:52:58 PM »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #561 on: April 06, 2014, 09:19:54 PM »
I'd be happy with Nason mk.II....criminally underrated footballer who at least he ran his guts out and was a far smarter footballer than many dunderheads still on our list.
Worst player to play AFL. End of story.

Ignorant comment. Not even close. At least half a dozen worse on our list right now - better than half the current list purely on work ethic and football nouse alone.
This will be interesting if you have the balls to back up your comments, but I'm guess you won't.
Name at least 6 players worse than Nason on you list now?
Name the half of our team that he is better than on work ethic and footy nouse?
Cannot wait for this.  :lol

too easy

Players worse than him:

Grigg
Dea
Helbig
O'Hanlon
Hamspud
McIntosh

As for players he was either smarter than , had a greater work ethic than or both....having thought about I'd actually revise my estimation from "half the list" to "most of the list" and so bearing that in mind and to save time....I'll just name the players he's not better than in those two areas:

Cotchin (both)
Riewoldt (both)
Martin (Smarts only)
Morris(Work ethic only)
Foley (work ethic only )
Maric (both)
Ellis (both including smarts-despite yesterdays stupidity)
Deledio(smarts only)
King (work ethic - smarts occassionally on par but generally not)
Thomas (work ethic only)
Vlastuin(both)
Newman (smarts only)
Jackson (work ethic only)

That is all.

oh...and just for fun & good measure...and seeing as you claimed he was the "worst player ever"....her's a list of players that were on the list at the same time, players no longer on the list that were retained for equal amount of time or longer or were drafted after him that he was also better than...

Nahas
Lonergan
A.Maric
Derickx
McGuane (yes I'm serious)
Graham
Gourdis
Wright
Webberly
McDonald
Thompson
Farmer
Hicks
Simon
Turner
Roberts
Silvester
Polo
Polak
Putt

I could go even further and included Richmond players of the last 20 years but frankly don't have the time and I doubt OER would have the bandwidth.

...like I said...too easy.....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:42:19 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: April 06, 2014, 09:26:11 PM »
Chris has always been and honest footballer with limitations.

Should hang up the boots and be 'honourably discharged' from service IMO.

the claw

« Reply #563 on: April 06, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
Each game he played mcintosh was awful
i have no doubt hes been ordinary or even awful at times.  but i still say he has the tools to make it at afl level as a running defender or third tall.

he has pace, good height 192cm  and in time will be a good  size,he  reads the play well, makes good decisions, is a good kick   and is accountable, all this as a junior. based on this i liked him as a junior and im sure as hell prepared to give time to develop before writing him off.

its  amazing that people will write  off totally a  tall player who has all these  good attributes imo,  after a dozen vfl games of which he suffered his fair share of injury.like all kids with potential its now up to him to show he belongs but ffs i think we need to give him the time and proper opportunity to show what hes got. the same goes for mcdonough.

imo based on what ive seen of mcintosh as a junior and the little ive seen of mcdonough   he has better attributes for the game than mcdonough,  weather that translates into anything will be found out over the next two or three yrs. again i say this having seen little of mcdonough.
 i have refused to write  him mcdonough off, until i see more of him.  like others i dont think hes very quick for a sml and like tony in the little ive seen of him im yet to see some outstanding attribute that will off set his lack of pace imo and size. you and others may well see things in him but until i see them for myself i cant talk up his attributes.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #564 on: April 06, 2014, 10:20:39 PM »
I was being silly mcintosh plays zero times

the claw

« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2014, 10:30:37 PM »
I was being silly mcintosh plays zero times
seems your silly most of the time.
can i ask you based on what you have obviously seen of mcdonough what are the good attributes that has you think he will be a player. it aint a hard questionare you prepared to back up what you have seen and say.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #566 on: April 06, 2014, 10:38:31 PM »
I like the cut of his jib.

He looks a footballer.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:47 AM »
Come on Damien. Get real and shake this mob out of their slumber.
Hard decision time.

Rampstar

« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »
Hard decision time.

Heard that for the first time ever Hardwick lost it at the players during half time and gave it to them with both barrels. Lets see if the anger turns into some serious ommissions from the side going forward.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #569 on: April 07, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »
Hard decision time.

Heard that for the first time ever Hardwick lost it at the players during half time and gave it to them with both barrels. Lets see if the anger turns into some serious ommissions from the side going forward.

Very concerning if he's only just now lost it at them for the first time
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH