Re: Game
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 10:05:55 PM »
PATHETHIC

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 10:17:48 PM »
This is a true reflection of where we are at: beaten by 13 goals by a team missing 10 of its players.

If they were there we would have lost by a good 25 goals.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 10:28:32 PM »
Having just witnessed that - I am now thinking of introducing a new OER award...

THE GOLDEN TURNUP

For the player who by their sheer ability to give us clangers week after week after week deserves some sort of recognition.

:-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 11:42:04 PM »
 >:(   >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Just got back from Bells Hotel in South Melbourne after that disgraceful, spineless and weak "performance"  >:( . Geez I'm glad I went to witness 3 hours of crap ::). I don't know how we played worst than the Adelaide game but we did  :o. One bloody goal in a half of footy. Pitiful!

The first 10-15 minutes was an arm wrestle and we had a couple of chances through Brown and Otto to get off to a good start but fluffed them. Once Port got their first it was "oh oh" time and when they got their second straight after we were gone. There was no run, no desperation, no hunger. Nothing! We were second to the ball and were always outnumbered at contests. When we did get our hands on the ball we either just softly coughed it up or we couldn't hit a target to save our lives.  We could only beat them man-on-man but there was no accountability whatsoever. Just plain pathetic and SOFT! >:(.

How can you go from one week not missing a target to missing every one?! We are one mentally soft side.

Speaking of new awards, this week's dud who Richmond make look like an absolute champion is Port's Josh Mahoney. "Veteran" VFA player with Williamstown who only cracked it onto an AFL list this year as a back-up midfielder.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 01:05:41 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 11:57:31 PM »
Having just witnessed that - I am now thinking of introducing a new OER award...

THE GOLDEN TURNUP

For the player who by their sheer ability to give us clangers week after week after week deserves some sort of recognition.

:-\

One thing for sure is that tonight there were so many candicates it's hard to choose the winner :-\.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 02:42:58 AM »
I just hope Port used that KY Jelly!!

could see this a mile away after port had their pants pulled down last week.

its a real shame that our club is a middle of the road team, I know im a broken record but we cant continually expect to get anywhere in this uneven competition by winning more than 5.5 games a year.

we are better off losing all out matches for the year and build a list for the future.

There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 03:45:42 AM »
Yes.........as expected - we bent over and didn't make a whimper.

We've got too many dumb unskilled players in this side and it should not surprise anyone that such performances occur all too often.  There is only a handful of players worth persisting with and the rest can apply at the Moscow Circus.  The new coach will have a nightmare with these brain dead imposters.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Ox

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 06:23:18 AM »
>:(   >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

We are one mentally soft side.

Our mentor is a jello brain.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 08:17:13 AM »
What I can't understand is Joel Bowden getting 42 possessions.  I did have the game on but couldn't bear to watch it.

Ox

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 08:52:40 AM »
Joel getting 42 possies is 42 possies that a real playmaker misses out on.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 07:49:01 PM »
Pleased to note that the AFL are going to look into that idiot Hardwich having a go at the Richmond runner.  What the ....?   Did someone forget to tell him that Port were actually winning?  The Richmond runner was nowhere near Hardwick, in fact running in the opposite direction.  Also the Burgoyne boy for kicking Hyde.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004, 07:22:47 AM »
Collision has Hardwick on run
24 May 2004   Herald Sun
Bruce Matthews

PORT Adelaide's Damien Hardwick will come under scrutiny after colliding with a Richmond runner on Saturday night.

The umpires' observer will lodge an incident referral notice with the AFL today for video reports officer Ian Robinson.

It's likely Hardwick will be summoned to the AFL Tribunal this week to face a charge of interfering with an official.

A member of Essendon's 2000 premiership team, the tough defender clashed with Tiger runner Matthew Hornsby late in the last quarter at AAMI Stadium.

Hornsby, who shares runner duties with Dale Weightman, found himself close to a pack of milling players, including Hardwick, while delivering a message for coach Danny Frawley.

It's unclear whether words were exchanged before Hornsby ran off, pursued by Hardwick.

Videotape of the game showed Hardwick sprint about 15m and deliver a solid bump with his shoulder to the back of the unsuspecting runner.

Hornsby stumbled but kept his feet, glancing back in surprise before jogging to the interchange bench.

Kangaroos pair David King and Anthony Stevens were the last players to be in trouble for clashes with rival team officials.

King was suspended for one match for interfering with a Collingwood runner in the 2001 pre-season competition, while Stevens received a $3500 fine following a clash with the Magpie doctor during the same game.

Forward Peter Burgoyne is another Port Adelaide player expected to be asked to explain his actions to the tribunal this week.

A down-the-ground camera caught Burgoyne kneeing Richmond's Chris Hyde in a behind-the-play incident.

Burgoyne, among the early-season contenders for the Brownlow Medal, raised his left knee and appeared to make contact with the back of Hyde's right leg, above the knee.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 09:10:48 AM »
Forward Peter Burgoyne is another Port Adelaide player expected to be asked to explain his actions to the tribunal this week.

A down-the-ground camera caught Burgoyne kneeing Richmond's Chris Hyde in a behind-the-play incident.

Burgoyne, among the early-season contenders for the Brownlow Medal, raised his left knee and appeared to make contact with the back of Hyde's right leg, above the knee.

I appreaciate the video reporting system is 2004 is joke at best but if Burgoyne doesn't get sited for this them is something seriously wrong. Why Hyde didn't get a free kick with the field umpire staring at the 2 players is staggering to say the least >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 01:37:14 AM »

I appreaciate the video reporting system is 2004 is joke at best but if Burgoyne doesn't get sited for this them is something seriously wrong. Why Hyde didn't get a free kick with the field umpire staring at the 2 players is staggering to say the least >:(

It was mentioned tonight that Burgoyne has been cited on video for kneeing Hyde. Too bad the umps couldn't see it when it happened right in front of their eyes  ::)