Author Topic: Japan Earthquake  (Read 11682 times)

FNM

Re: Japan Earthquake
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
FFS  :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »
Of course Ramps I know I just threw it in there
My brother is married to a Greek.

Just making a point

Ooh and al your points are valid just no need for the stuffed up dude

Moving right along
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:45:45 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »
If you believe these things are linked in a theory that means end of the world I think that can be separate thread topic.

anyways back to the topic.

Japan is struggling to contain a growing crisis at two nuclear power plants damaged in Friday's huge earthquake and tsunami, as officials revealed that the emergency cooling system at another reactor had failed, raising fears of a serious accident.

Government officials said the negligible radioactivity levels near the plants in effushima prefecture posed no threat to human health. Screening centres were being set up for people worried about exposure.

Tokyo Electric Power [Tepco] decribed the situation at the effushima No. 1 power plant as an emergency after the cooling system failed at a second reactor at the plant.

Tepco said radioation levels at the plant had exceeded the legal limit on Sunday morning. Hourly radiation at the site was measured at 882 micro sievert, in excess of the allowable level of 500, Japan's nuclear safety agency said. The government's chief spokesman, Yukio Edano, said the level had briefly risen 1,204 micro sievert.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/13/japan-second-nuclear-reactor-threat-effushima

Hopefully they can get these reactors under control.
It sounds like they could be having to move to flooding them with sea water to cool them down more time goes pass though.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
and I didn't read ANY complaints when Dookie told us of the moon theory. What was it called "moonageddon"?
I will be sure to make a mental note of how many times you stear every thread back on topic in the future FNM. Thanks for the headbang.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »
:lol

Didn't god make man in his own image?

Yet last week you told us in his eyes all of mankind were sinners?

Now he is going to unleash Armageddon on those he made in his own image?

He must be one stuffed up dude.

Each to their own I say whether u believe or not, but there's  no need for that rubbish talk

Everyones entitled to an opinion weather your Muslim, orthodox or Christian

Not sure how pointing out perceived contradictions is rubbish talk but i agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion, just as any post on any subject by any person opens itself up for a reply. It wasn't me that dragged religion into this, I just voiced my opinion in reply.

and I replied to your opinion. Thankyou.
:cheers
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

FNM

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 07:48:08 PM »
and I didn't read ANY complaints when Dookie told us of the moon theory. What was it called "moonageddon"?
I will be sure to make a mental note of how many times you stear every thread back on topic in the future FNM. Thanks for the headbang.
Why would I complain about something I haven't read  ::)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »

Ok.

Regarding the moon theory I posted -

1. I pre-empted my post with the words 'anyone for a conspiracy theory?'. In effect asking for permission before I put it out there for general consideration. Compare that to your sledgehammer of a first post that the world is going to end and you should all believe it because the bible says so.

People don't like to have things rammed down their throats, especially when it's related to lifes bigger picture things like beliefs, politics etc.

2. I won't be offended or upset if people say the moon theory is rubbish. Others can correct me if im wrong, but i think it would be fair to say that this is not the case with yourself from what you have posted. Which leads me to my next point.

3. I'm not trying to convince others of the moon theory. Again, I think the perception is that you are trying to convince others. To the non-religious, when people talk about religion which they believe in, it's like a someone who works for brand x saying their brand makes the best product because it they simply do.

So what are your motives? If it's just putting a viewpoint forward, im sure nobody has a problem with that.

But giving you are introducing religion into a topic which is based on the deaths of hundreds of human beings, you should at least try to be a bit more subtle, respectful, and tolerant.

Like your god and good book tells you to, no less.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 03:46:46 AM »

Ok.

Regarding the moon theory I posted -

1. I pre-empted my post with the words 'anyone for a conspiracy theory?'. In effect asking for permission before I put it out there for general consideration. Compare that to your sledgehammer of a first post that the world is going to end and you should all believe it because the bible says so.

People don't like to have things rammed down their throats, especially when it's related to lifes bigger picture things like beliefs, politics etc.

2. I won't be offended or upset if people say the moon theory is rubbish. Others can correct me if im wrong, but i think it would be fair to say that this is not the case with yourself from what you have posted. Which leads me to my next point.

3. I'm not trying to convince others of the moon theory. Again, I think the perception is that you are trying to convince others. To the non-religious, when people talk about religion which they believe in, it's like a someone who works for brand x saying their brand makes the best product because it they simply do.

So what are your motives? If it's just putting a viewpoint forward, im sure nobody has a problem with that.

But giving you are introducing religion into a topic which is based on the deaths of hundreds of human beings, you should at least try to be a bit more subtle, respectful, and tolerant.

Like your god and good book tells you to, no less.

sorry DD. I didn't mean to offend you. All I was trying to do was highlight to FNM that the frustration with off topic discussion may be warranted but I would equally expect it from all off topic discussion in any thread. After all we do see it time and time again. Personally I enjoyed reading the conspiracy theory you posted. I wasn't bagging it just using it to make a point to FNM. 
Of posting the first reply to Dan's post in which he stated things seemed to be getting worse all I did was agree with it and state the bible says it's going to get increasingly worse. How is this ramming it down anyones throat? I didn't ask anyone to believe it I was just stating what I've read.
In the second post was a reply to Al. He asked a question and all I did was post an answer. I see nothing wrong with this as I don't think Al or Dan did either by their reply to me.
At no time was I offended or did I rubbish an opinion. I assure you I pray for all people in Japan effected by this tragedy and I don't believe God is responsible for these current events.

I don't think there is anything wrong with debate or questioning a theory or belief. I enjoy the banter and debate on the political threads and the Richmond rant.
I don't understand the angst when anything from the bible is mentioned. I'm not asking anyone to believe it. You have your free will and all can choose his or her life.

Anyway if I offended anyone I'm sorry. It wasn't intentional.   
The club that keeps giving.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 05:56:05 AM »
Not offended.

No problem  :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 06:22:28 AM »
Armageddon lmfao

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »
Two more reactors at the troubled Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan have lost cooling functions as the plant's operators struggle to contain what threatens to become a meltdown.

Radiation levels rose to harmful levels at the facility earlier today following two reactor blasts and a fire at a spent fuel storage pond.

But government spokesman Yukio Edano says radiation levels have since fallen at the plant, 250 kilometres north-east of the capital Tokyo.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/15/3164827.htm

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 09:16:19 PM »
The age are reporting that radiation has reached Tokyo  :-\

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »
20 times the normal levels of radiation being found. :help

It's like another atom bomb hitting the country.

Hopefully the nuclear fall out won't affect generations of Japanese as it did post 1945.

Chernobyl in the Asia Pacific Rim.

God bless them all. :pray

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:20 PM »
...and on the day bishop comes out spruiking that we should be going down the nuclear path.

Has a politician ever displayed a worse time to put forward a controversial view?  :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2011, 01:45:10 AM »
Rescuers in Japan have reportedly pulled two survivors, a woman and a man, from underneath the rubble four days after a powerful earthquake and devastating tsunami.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/15/3164857.htm