Author Topic: Tigers versus Hawks- match thread  (Read 10166 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Tigers versus Hawks- match thread
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »
Sorry to jump the gun! I was watching the hawks-demons game and i think the hawks may well be without Cyrol Rioli for next week! An elbow into the guts of Nathan Jones should see him miss a couple!

jackstar is back again

Re: Tigers versus Hawks- match thread
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
can beat the dawks next week if they dish up the crap they are dishing up at the moment, very predictable

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
agree

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »
agree
The crap has been turned around, now melbourne are dishing it up!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
Ok, what about White on Rioli.... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:01:57 PM »
Think we spoke to soon here, fellas. If Hawthorn play like they have in the third quater they will be very hard to contain. Especially considering our defensive personal limitations.

still think we can take it right up to them. We just need to hold them up when they have momentum, as they can score very quickly.

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »
I was listening to that stuffwit Tony Shaw on 3aw on the long drive back from pennant golf today. Geez that guy has nfi - hilarious to listen too. Would have loved to hear him backtracking after the 3rd quarter demolition job by the hawks. He is R.Walls markII ie NFI and a chameleon commentator that changes his tune without an iota of embarrasment.  :chuck

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 08:15:38 PM »
Hodge might be in strife too  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »
Have to admit the Hawks had a very impressive second half.
Unleash the tornado

jackstar is back again

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »
melbourne were a rabble after half time

tony_montana

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 11:29:29 PM »
Hawthorn just lifted their efficiency bc they were smacking the dees at the contest and every indicator in the first half but were just woefully inefficient. Once they clicked the dees never stood a chance - lucky it wasnt a 15 goal margin....

Who would you play Lids on next week? HB to help out our undermanned KPD's who will have their hands full with buddy and roughie? Or make him stand Hodge wherever hodgey lines up? 

I wouldnt mind seeing him standing buddy when buddy plays High HF, can go with him and run off him when we get the ball. As soon as buddy goes deep, swap Thursty onto him. Would make for fascinating viewing and a chance to put another feather in Lid's cap.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 11:47:02 PM »
I was listening to that effwit Tony Shaw on 3aw on the long drive back from pennant golf today. Geez that guy has nfi - hilarious to listen too. Would have loved to hear him backtracking after the 3rd quarter demolition job by the hawks. He is R.Walls markII ie NFI and a chameleon commentator that changes his tune without an iota of embarrasment.  :chuck
excellent post Tony.  :thumbsup
I've always thought exactly this. Rob Walls & Tony Shaw flip flopping from one week to the next seemingly oblivious of what they just had said.. It's so annoying it's hilarious. I find it difficult to listen to 3aw's call for this exact reason. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 06:42:16 PM »
The Hawks take on Richmond this week, with Gibson more than cautious after the Tigers impressed in their first two games against Carlton and St Kilda.

"I watched a fair bit of their game against Carlton. I thought they were really good and then they backed up against St Kilda on the weekend. There is no way they can be taken lightly," he said.

"They have got some younger guys who have really stepped up and then some of their older guys like Deledio who was great on the weekend and they've got great ball users like Cotchin in the midfield. If you take them lightly you will definitely get hit between the eyes."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/110830/default.aspx

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 09:51:59 PM »
Sorry to jump the gun! I was watching the hawks-demons game and i think the hawks may well be without Cyrol Rioli for next week! An elbow into the guts of Nathan Jones should see him miss a couple!

2 weeks suspension 1 with an early plea.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
Ok, so I have said this before the start of most games however over the years it has, IMO, been one of our downfalls that we must rectify if we are going to win games, in particular this game.

We simply must get a few goals on the board early, we can't afford to let the Hawks skip to a 3-4 avantage in the first 15 minutes. Playing catch up football is all we seem to do and when the game is on the line we are too spent to get accross the line.

If we let the Hawks get out to a decent lead and they start to kick accurately we will get smashed. In all honesty we really should have been hammered against the Blues and the Saints, their bad kicking actually kept us in the game. The Hawks kicking was no better last weekend, but if they get it together.......

This is a real challenge for us, I think it will show us where we are at, Melbourne just had a reality check, I hope we don't get one out of this game.

I hate playing the Hawks..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"