Author Topic: Tigers versus Hawks- match thread  (Read 10259 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers versus Hawks- match thread
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 05:42:23 PM »

In all honesty we really should have been hammered against ... the Saints, their bad kicking actually kept us in the game.

Incorrect WAT.  Our inexperience in finishing cost us a win by a reasonable margin.  We were a much better side than St Kilda for 3 out of 4 quarters on Friday and the scoreboard did not reflect the reality of the game at all.  You could say their inaccurate kicking might have cost them the result but no more than our inexperience cost us and as an excuse has no more validity than ours - less actually.

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »
Cyril Rioli suspended. After the way Betts and Milne have performed against us the last 2 weeks, this is a huge boost for us.
Push up!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »

In all honesty we really should have been hammered against ... the Saints, their bad kicking actually kept us in the game.

Incorrect WAT.  Our inexperience in finishing cost us a win by a reasonable margin.  We were a much better side than St Kilda for 3 out of 4 quarters on Friday and the scoreboard did not reflect the reality of the game at all.  You could say their inaccurate kicking might have cost them the result but no more than our inexperience cost us and as an excuse has no more validity than ours - less actually.

Just my perception smokey, maybe incorrect, maybe not. Perhaps we shouldn't have been slaughtered by the Saints then but the Blues....really they should have pounded us.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »
Cyril Rioli suspended. After the way Betts and Milne have performed against us the last 2 weeks, this is a huge boost for us.

:yep
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »

Just my perception smokey, maybe incorrect, maybe not. Perhaps we shouldn't have been slaughtered by the Saints then but the Blues....really they should have pounded us.

Agree with the Blues WAT, we were fortunate to finish so close I thought.  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »
Bad kicking is bad footy.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »
My main point was, we really have to get out of the boxes better than we have been and maintain the momento throughout the game. We can't expect to win games playing catchup for 3.5 qtrs..

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
We match up well with Hawthorn I think it will be tight......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 03:18:43 PM »
The AFL site is tipping the Hawks by 4 goals....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ODDS:
Richmond - $3.85
Hawthorn - $1.32

QUESTION MARKS
The Tigers, much to everyone's surprise, actually looked a more dangerous outfit without their primary goal-kicker and last year's Coleman medalist. With Riewoldt likely to play this week, will they resist temptation to go back to Jack as the main target and maintain a level of unpredictability?

With Kel Moore injured and Luke McGuane and Alex Rance suspended, the Tigers will have a less experienced backline than usual. Can players like Dylan Grimes and David Gourdis stand up to the likes of Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead?

Which Hawks will we get on the weekend? The first half duds that rolled over to the Demons or the second half stars that rocketed home to a 45-point win?

PREDICTION
Hawthorn by 23 points.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/110949/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »
MCG site says they are expecting a crowd of 48,000.

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=cc768bb1-df89-4519-8cf9-d5cc846c81f7

Both members can get into the game as well as this is one of Hawthorn's replacement games for playing in Tassie:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/tabid/4742/default.aspx?newsid=110813

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
My main point was, we really have to get out of the boxes better than we have been and maintain the momento throughout the game. We can't expect to win games playing catchup for 3.5 qtrs..

True true but I would say that Carlton were luckier to win than we were lucky not to get pounded. We absolutely had them on toast - even in the last qtr we made some silly mistakes to let them back in. 12 months on, we win.

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
Lids has had plenty of days out against the Hawks in recent times.

R8, 2010 - 35 disposals
R21, 2009 - 36 disposals
R20, 2008 - 29 disposals
R6, 2008 - 30 disposals

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/111056/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
This is really becoming a massive game for mine, we simply must win this to prove to the football world that the past two weeks have not just been a result of playing underdone teams or teams that couldn't kick straight.

The players have to show that they mean business, they simply can't capitulate to the Hawks and get smashed. We are in a good position to move up the ladder and get some faith and confidence in our playing group.

A win is a must, a flogging would be a backward step.

"Rucks:

tony_montana

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
Looking at Lid's history against the hawks and the way Hodge spoke about him in last weeks telecast - they really respect him so will obviously put a huge amount of work into him with a defensive fwd. Time to throw him around a bit and keep them on their toes. Send him to Hodge even if it means he plays HF/mid.

If it rains I reckon we can beat them - much quicker

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 12:31:47 AM »
You'd expect Lids to be heavily tagged on Saturday night. I wonder if Dimma will have Lids go head-to-head with Sam Mitchell who like Goddard has cut us up in the midfield in the past.

Did anyone hear Nathan Thompson on SEN last night? He said we didn't have the speed to trouble Hawthorn unlike other sides who have  ???. Of all our deficiencies leg speed isn't one of them I would've thought.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd