Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 236764 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Richmond to inquire about Hampson and Gawn but not Blake (Age)
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »
Hampson? Give me a break.

Does anyone else think a certain staff member might have been less than successful with the ladies over the journey and therefore tries to recruit anyone with a hot Mrs?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond after Jackson Trengove
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Snip! Stick to the topic ppl.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond after Jackson Trengove
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2011, 02:18:09 PM »
Sure i would love to get a kid of Trengove's ability to our club due to us just having to many sub standard AFL players but i just hope we don't pay overs for him. Just remember we have drafted a fair few KPP backs in the last couple of years with pretty high picks. Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Gourdis, and even Post to a lesser degree. We all talk about us in a rebuild but we haven't really given this crop of kids time to develop. Unlike some on hear, i don't think our backline is as bad as we think. Add to that list, Thursfield, McGaune and Moore and we have enough tall backs for a season or two while hoping the others come on. Injuries haven't helped either.
Would concentrate all our efforts on getting a decent ruckmen..... And a small forward, like a Gartlett or Betts type. Need to get a few "free goals" sometimes.  :thumbsup

I agree with you here big tone regarding the state of our backline. I would love to add Trengrove or another young talented backman to our list but not at expense of an early pick. A ruckman is crucial but again, not if it means morgaging our future. In a years time, free agency will be upon us and I feel we will be far more likely to secure a 25 year old ruckman for nothing than spending big a year earlier and getting a ruckman of a similar age.

I don't think small forwards exist anymore. You have midfielders who drift back to crumb or rest in the forwardline and crumb but I can't think of any stay at home crumbers anymore. Even Milne spends much of his game up the ground and running back into the forwardline now days.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2011, 02:57:37 PM »
Hampson? Give me a break.

Does anyone else think a certain staff member might have been less than successful with the ladies over the journey and therefore tries to recruit anyone with a hot Mrs?

He is no longer with Megan Gale so Megan won't be replacing Pia in the glamour stakes at Punt Rd I wouldn't think.

Apparently Shane Edwards is a monty for the Miss Richmond beauty paegent 2011. The frock worn on Saturday night is still turning heads.

gerkin greg

« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »
He is no longer with Megan Gale so Megan won't be replacing Pia in the glamour stakes at Punt Rd I wouldn't think.

He was with her on Sunday at Ethiad. Had to buy an extra seat for the bale of hay.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond targetting Hamish McIntosh
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »
not even the clap?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline J Buckthorn

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2011, 06:30:13 PM »
 :lol

Nice one. Give them the clap, the itch, hades-herpes an a finger up the jacksy just for good measure

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers aim to be major AFL traders (Ninemsn)
« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2011, 07:03:52 PM »
Tigers aim to be major AFL traders
Sam Lienert
WWOS.Ninemsn
Tue Jul 12 2011

Richmond plan to be major players in this year's AFL trade period and are already developing a scheme to capitalise on the advent of free agency a year later.

The Tigers' struggles in the ruck and key defensive posts this season have highlighted some holes in their playing stocks.

And football general manager Craig Cameron said Richmond, who last year recruited Shaun Grigg from Carlton and Bachar Houli from Essendon, will again seek to fill deficiencies with AFL-experienced talent.

"We will be active and very targeted in the trade (period) this year," Cameron told the club's website.

"And, we will be looking at every opportunity to improve the list."

Cameron said that could include trading for one of the 17-year-old players which expansion club Greater Western Sydney can access, but then must trade on, under their establishment concessions.

Cameron also said Tigers' list manager Blair Hartley is already planning for the introduction of free agency at the end of the 2012 season, which will make it easier for AFL players with eight years or more of service to switch clubs.

"(Hartley) is writing a free-agency strategy for the club that will encompass the next three years," Cameron said.

"We are mindful that free agency starts in 2012 and that must be part of our long-term planning."

Cameron acknowledged Richmond's defence needs to be strengthened.

But he notes that long-term injuries to emerging key defenders Dylan Grimes and David Astbury and the more experienced Kelvin Moore make that issue seem more severe than it is.

"We will be on the lookout to bolster our defence, but we must ensure that we allow our younger tall backs to develop," he said.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8272114

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers aim to be major AFL traders (Ninemsn)
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2011, 07:05:38 PM »
Here's the article on the RFC website as well......

Tiger talent hunt
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
Tue 12 Jul, 2011

Richmond plans to be a major player in this year’s trade period.

The Tigers are fully aware of the holes that exist on their current playing list, and are hell-bent on filling them.

“There are a number of areas we need to bolster in the off-season, and we will be looking to improve our list through the trade period and then the draft,” said Richmond’s General Manager of Football, Craig Cameron.

“We will be active and very targeted in the trade this year.  And, we will be looking at every opportunity to improve the list, including the tradeable under-17 (Greater Western Sydney) players.  The final list of eight hasn’t been publicised as yet, but once we’re aware of the players, we will assess them and speak to GWS.

“As per last year, (RFC List Manager) Blair Hartley is extremely well prepared for the upcoming trade period and is writing a free-agency strategy for the Club that will encompass the next three years.  We are mindful that free agency starts in 2012 and that must be part of our long-term planning.”

Richmond has also been linked with recruiting a strong-bodied key defender, but Cameron is wary of not stifling the development of the several young, tall backmen within the playing group.

“We think we have a number of young tall defenders that will develop into good AFL footballers.  Injuries to Grimes, Astbury and Moore (even though he is older) have stretched us in this area.  We will be on the lookout to bolster our defence, but we must ensure that we allow our younger tall backs to develop,” he said.

The Tigers also will continue to scour state leagues throughout Australia for suitable players, who can help bolster their depth of talent.

“Given the relative shallowness of this year’s draft pool, our recruiters have spent a lot of time looking at various state leagues (VFL, SANFL & WAFL), to find potential mature-aged players,” Cameron said.

“If there are any there they consider of AFL quality, I’m sure we will draft some.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/118375/default.aspx

gerkin greg

« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
shut up Helmut

10 FLAGS

« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »
RECRUITING Average footballers means squat. And these articles are a waste of time as well.  :help

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #266 on: July 12, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »

He was with her on Sunday at Ethiad. Had to buy an extra seat for the bale of hay.

In Megans defense, both would allow themselves to be chewed on 

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2011, 07:36:13 PM »
I like it Super!    :thumbsup

Give em a second I reckon

tony_montana

« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »
lol @ big noting and anouncing our intentions. Just STFU and crow about it AFTER YOU GET IT DONE. In the interim anounce your strategies to the footy world.... What a PR machine we have down at that joint

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #269 on: July 12, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »
This is the same story that came out about this time last year... :sleep

If we say we are going to be "major players" during the trade period then lets see it and stop talking it!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"