Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 227803 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1125 on: October 10, 2011, 03:49:52 PM »
From Trade Week Radio:

Carlton CEO Greg Swann confirms the club will not recruit Brendon Goddard.

Lions list manager says there was 'next to no movement' on Mitch Clark today. West Coast still interested. "Gulf significant' between what the Lions want and what is being thrown up. "West Coast much more reasonable" according to Rob Kerr

AFL_JasonPhelan Jason Phelan twitter:

"Lions: WC has been better to deal with on Clark than Freo - pick 16 isn't gonna do it. Expressed interest in Tippett - Crows no. "

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1126 on: October 10, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
Those stats don't mean anything, how long was his % of time in the ruck as opposed to others?
its not just 1 game go compare marics career stats to the one we want him to replace in graham. angus wins marics stats are underwhelming as is grahams.

the whole idea is to upgrade on angus but the question must be asked would it actually be an upgrade or just a older like for like player.
its unbelievable that the club would offer up a second rnd pick for such an underachieving unproven player.
surely as a club we have come further along than this.

if they see something in him fine give him the chance but not at any cost and certainly not paying overs.
His whole career you cant compare stats, he has never been played as the #1 ruck as Graham has been. Based purely on the fact that Maric can chase, take a mark and look half coordinated on the field he will be an upgrade on Graham.

Maric is not our answer long term, but he is a definite upgrade on Graham.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1127 on: October 10, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »
St Kilda have joined the chase for a ruckman....

Pelchen said the club was looking for more midfield pace and ruck support for Ben McEvoy following the retirement of Michael Gardiner.

A number of clubs including Richmond, Port Adelaide and Brisbane, are already openly searching for a ruckman in the trade period.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-say-stars-are-not-for-sale/story-fn69a32t-1226162786942

Offline tiger74

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1128 on: October 10, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
 :banghead this could be a concern

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1129 on: October 10, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »

Why?

There comes a time in a negotiation where the best thing to do is walk away. We should have walked away from the Jordan MacMahon trade, we should have walked away from a host of failed trades. Richmond has to learn to walk away from bad trades.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1130 on: October 10, 2011, 07:27:37 PM »
'Dockers ruckman Jonathon Griffin, who has requested a return home to South Australia, has been told he is a required player at Fremantle.'

huh? didnt he initially request a trade out of Adelaide to go home to Perth?

Yeah I was thinking that too. I can remember they didn't want to trade him but agreed to for compassionate reasons of some sort.

Doesn't seem like the sort of character conducive to builing a side around if that is correct.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tiger74

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1131 on: October 10, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »

Why?

There comes a time in a negotiation where the best thing to do is walk away. We should have walked away from the Jordan MacMahon trade, we should have walked away from a host of failed trades. Richmond has to learn to walk away from bad trades.

It is no secret that we are looking for a ruckman, if 3 other clubs are also looking for 1 it will make it a lot harder to land the biggest if others are fishing in the same area.   

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1132 on: October 10, 2011, 07:54:40 PM »
The club has shown that shown in the last two years that they are no longer fools at the draft table. They know who is available and what they are worth.
Dont get ya thong in a twist jumping at media speculation.
 Our first trade has already been a clever one.
have a little faith.   :thumbsup

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1133 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »
From a source from Carlton:

Blues are chasing our 1st round pick 15, have offered Kane Lucas, with the condition that the deal only gets done if Goddard is brought to Carlton.

So basically Carlton want us to agree with the deal so they can pitch a package to St.Kilda including the pick 15 as a sweetner.

Word is the package will be Hampson, Calrton 1st pick and Pick 15 for Goddard.

Lucas then comes to Richmond.

Lucas struggled this year.. He's probably worth Pick 15 though in a weak draft.

Deal doesn't get done on its own though, not a straight swap, only done in a three way deal.
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1134 on: October 10, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »
be close i would have thought...only 2 years into his career...has BIG wraps on him...people need to remember No 15 is a fair way down, NO Guarantees and probability of being any good at all dimishes rapidly after top half doz...id seriously consider Lucas at that
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1135 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
Saints sound pretty determined not to have to trade out any of there stars.
But then again Goddard could walk out next year and Saints get nothing. If they don't trade him they must be pretty certain his sticking around for a fair few years.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1136 on: October 10, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »
Nothing is not entirely accurate, the compo picks have actually been quite generous and in comparrison to what most miserly clubs are qwilling to part with, theyd be better off waiting...as in No 15. 22 + Hampson...meh....will trump that with compo next year
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1137 on: October 10, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »
Nothing is not entirely accurate, the compo picks have actually been quite generous and in comparrison to what most miserly clubs are qwilling to part with, theyd be better off waiting...as in No 15. 22 + Hampson...meh....will trump that with compo next year

Free agency means no compensation. Saints must be very confident he wants to stick around for the long haul.
Next year it could come down to what his after money or premiership. I cant see saints offering better opportunity on either of though two options compared to what other clubs can.   

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1138 on: October 10, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »

I dunno, they won't get the same compensation as Geelong for Ablett. A first round and 2nd round for Goddard.
Would think pick 15, 22 and Hampson is the same as Pick 10 and 18ish.
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1139 on: October 10, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »

Free agency means no compensation. Saints must be very confident he wants to stick around for the long haul.
Next year it could come down to what his after money or premiership. I cant see saints offering better opportunity on either of though two options compared to what other clubs can.

Pretty sure under free agency clubs will compensated in a similar way to clubs loosing uncontracted players to the new teams.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI