Author Topic: 9th...NO WAY  (Read 18480 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 9th...NO WAY
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2011, 02:48:06 AM »
Unless we cause a massive upset today, we could be 13th by the end of the round if the Saints knock off North yet still only a game outside the top 8.

Ok, so we will be 13th then!! Not really fussed about the 8 this year now. Next year is the year we must and should be IN the 8...... No excuses.
13th on the ladder would give us pick 12 in the draft. I bet Dimma would love another Rioli to be available at that pick.

Wouldn't that be great MT, that would be the difference next year wouldn't it.
Yep the more potential A-graders the better  :pray given shallowness in quality and class on our list after the  half-dozen or so Tigers. Better to finish lower and build a list looking at 2013-14 that will be up staying near the top for 4-5 years in a row rather than overachieving and pinching a finals spot now and stalling the rebuild thanks to no early picks.

100% agree with you MT...  :cheers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »
be good to get a decent pick but finish just a game or two out of the eight

hopefully we get 2 games against GWS next year

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »
be good to get a decent pick but finish just a game or two out of the eight

hopefully we get 2 games against GWS next year

Hopefully we can at least win one of them.... :-\

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »
Good God, we really need to finish last now, never mind 9th!!!

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2011, 07:32:28 PM »
Finish 13th above the two SA and QLD teams and take it from there.

7.5 wins may be the result and that may be pushing it.

On today's effort we'll struggle to beat GC17 in Cairns and the Crows at AAMI.

Just a far cry from 7 weeks ago when we met Essendon at Dreamtime.

It's the two biggest fallers from grace within a season match.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »
ninth... fat stuffin chance of reaching those dizzy heights.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »
We can finish 17th for all I care, pick up what's left of the draft after GC17 and GWS have finished raping it, and it wont make a lick of difference. Insipidness and failure are now so deeply ingrained at our club that NOTHING can save us!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »
We can finish 17th for all I care, pick up what's left of the draft after GC17 and GWS have finished raping it, and it wont make a lick of difference. Insipidness and failure are now so deeply ingrained at our club that NOTHING can save us!

Would have to say you might be right.
The final straw for me will be at the end of 2012, 3 years under gale and Dimma.
If these 2 can't fix our club then I will be so convinced nothing will
I still have faith but until they delist another 6-8 then we are going backwards
Ooh and another note
Bummers will beat us next week
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:54 PM »
We are going to struggle next year as well in the sense we will not make the finals so us supporters will just have to suck it up  :-\. The list won't mature until 2013-14 and Dimma has only had two drafts to grandually sort through and toss out those not up to it. It's going to take another 2-3 years before we have a side with a A-grade core in the early-mid 20s age bracket.

Anyway crappy Saints footy reducing games to one goal per quarter  :sleep has actually done us a favour in knocking off North tonight. We are now down to 13th and with Adelaide winning last night and with winnable games for them to come we still have a chance of ending up with a top 10 first pick with a bit of tanking :outtahere.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »
stuff me MT, to tank you actually have to be able to win first, only then you can deliberately lose  :P.

seriously though, i don't think, ( hope ?  :pray )that saturday was a real reflection of where we are at. we have had some good games this year and in most other games have shown at least patches of good footy.

if we get any more performances like that though i think i will be looking for a sturdy tree branch though. :(
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2011, 08:07:55 PM »
eff me MT, to tank you actually have to be able to win first, only then you can deliberately lose  :P.
:lol

seriously though, i don't think, ( hope ?  :pray )that saturday was a real reflection of where we are at. we have had some good games this year and in most other games have shown at least patches of good footy.

if we get any more performances like that though i think i will be looking for a sturdy tree branch though. :(
The scars of round 1 2009 still exist for many of those around then so that means our leaders are scarred as well. We are just totally intimidated by Carlton and we're a beaten side before we even step out on the ground and then we get monstered and pushed around on it. It's men against boys. So I actually agree al that yesterday wasn't a real reflection as we haven't been that pathetically soft and lazy this year. We just are mentally and physically fragile against the top sides of which Carlton is one of them. We break easily and they know it. We need to get to the stage where we can have our own line in the sand game. We still might lose but we no longer tolerate getting out-bodied at stoppages and ragged dolled elsewhere especially from little Garlett types targetting a 3rd-gamer such as Helbig.

I would say last week was a truer reflection of where we are at. About a 4-5 goal worse side than other up and coming sides like Melbourne who are a year or two ahead of us in their rebuilding. We need to add far more class and size to our list to catch up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
Put your hand up if you still want to finish 9th....

When I started this thread thread I also mentioned that I would rather finish 14th or lower than 9th again if we didnt make the 8. Well many said they would rather finish 9th because we have improved so much.

stuff me, crap, now I would rather finish 16th, we are poo and we have no depth.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
North winning tonight means we're now 1.5 wins behind 12th so with Geelong, the bye and Eagles in Perth to come in the next 3 weeks it's pretty safe to say we'll finish now no higher than 13th.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
So then, we should finish about where we deserve to be...bring on the picks. Absolutely ripped off though, had GC and GWS not entered the comp we could be playing finals next year with the picks we SHOULD have had!!!!!!

"Rucks:

10 FLAGS

« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »
So then, we should finish about where we deserve to be...bring on the picks. Absolutely ripped off though, had GC and GWS not entered the comp we could be playing finals next year with the picks we SHOULD have had!!!!!!

And you have confidence in our recruiters? Even with the picks I doubt we'd be anywhere near finals. They dont know whats needed to play AFL footy and there looking for the wrong type of players IMHO.