Author Topic: Any Father sons to look out for?  (Read 198298 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Any Father sons to look out for?
« Reply #360 on: October 29, 2017, 05:08:54 PM »
The difference with the Clokes was that they were eligible for both Collingwood & Richmond and had the choice.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #361 on: December 03, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
Terrific that the sons of Tiger greats Dale Weightman and Craig Lambert are training with Richmond VFL. Good luck to Kyle Weightman and Bailey Lambert. Tigers do it very well at VFL level - and AFL level too!

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375/status/935658628953948161

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #362 on: January 15, 2018, 12:26:46 AM »
Craig Lambert's boys:

https://twitter.com/lambose4

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #363 on: February 04, 2018, 03:35:33 AM »
"Congratulations to Nathan Foley and his wife kate on the birth of Lachlan Ryder Foley! "

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/a-new-tiger-is-born.1185958/#post-54147150

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: February 26, 2018, 05:21:17 PM »
I’ve seen grasshoppers with better defined legs

Care to upload an image of your own beefeaters so we can compare?

Here you go, I got a snapshot for you. Took a lot of convincing to get Chuck to put his pecker away #girthfordays

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2018, 12:05:42 AM »
Zac Knights, the son of former Richmond captain and now Cats assistant Matthew, has been playing in the Falcons' practice games and as a late developer will be watched by the Tigers.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-01/drafts-wealth-of-sons-brothers-cousins-nephews

Not a father-son but Dusty's cousin, Zach Denahy, is playing with the Bendigo Pioneers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2018, 07:57:11 PM »
Son of a gun nominated for Eastern league Young Gun award

Paul Amy,
Greater Dandenong Leader
8 May 2018

Bailey Lambert grew up in Brisbane and Sydney.

But a few years ago he gained an appreciation of his family’s ties to the Dandenong area.

On an AFL grand final weekend, his father, Craig, took him for a drive around the town, pointing out and talking about the places of his upbringing.

Lambert senior is one of Dandenong’s most famous football products. He played with North Dandenong juniors, winning a succession of best and fairests before going on to a distinguished league career with Richmond and Brisbane.

Later, he took on welfare roles with the Lions and GWS.

When Bailey was born in Brisbane in 1999, the Courier Mail newspaper pinged a pic of him with Craig and his mother, Melissa, a Lions scarf keeping him warm.

He was an early starter in Auskick. “I’ve played footy all the way through,’’ he said. “As long as I can remember it’s always been there.’’

A promising under-age player for Morningside and then Drummoyne, Lambert was in the Lions Academy and turned out for Redland in the NEAFL last season.

At the end of it, he decided to relocate to Melbourne and try out for Richmond’s VFL team.

That meant leaving his close family behind at age 18. The Tigers were mindful of the father-son connection but made him no guarantees. Still, more than once coach Craig McRae noted his dedication.

Two days before lists were due to be submitted to the VFL, Richmond told him he had made the cut. He’d been made to sweat.

“I was very, very nervous until they called it,’’ he said. “If I didn’t make it I was going to go back to Redland.’’

Lambert also needed a local team. Fittingly, he found his way to Noble Park, Greater Dandenong’s leading club. Richmond general manager Anthony Fagan pointed him there after speaking with Noble coach Mick Fogarty, who played with Craig Lambert at the South Melbourne Under 19s in 1984.

Bulls football manager Steve Coats goes back even further with Lambert senior: they played little league together in 1979.

And there was another link — Melissa Lambert’s parents, Richard and Noeline Williams, are long-time Noble members.

The onballer was quick to make an impression in the practice matches. “He’s a beauty,’’ Fogarty said in March, grateful for a late signing. “Really strong inside mid and a good user of the footy. Great kid too.’’

Last week Lambert produced his best game for the Bulls, kicking two goals as his father watched on from the balcony at the Moodemere St ground.

The day after he turned 19, he found out he was the Round 5 nomination for the Eastern league Young Gun award. “Nice one,’’ he said.

Lambert said his father had been a constant support.

“He really has helped me a lot,’’ he said.

“Big thing from him is, ‘The harder you work, the luckier you get’. You’ve got to push harder than everyone else. A lot of it’s not down to ability, it’s how hard you work.

“I think it’s helped that we’ve been hanging around AFL players pretty much all my life. You get to see what it’s like to be an AFL player.

“I’d like to get there one day, go as far as I can. Hopefully I can have a good year in the EFL and get a couple of VFL games and maybe push my name up.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/son-of-a-gun-nominated-for-eastern-league-young-gun-award/news-story/bbfdd54e32b7dfd36fc2b1745f34df02

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2018, 02:00:15 PM »
Fathers and sons: Who's on the radar?

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
May 8, 2018

RICHMOND

On the horizon:
The Tigers have another Rioli in view with Maurice jnr, son of the late 118-game Tiger Maurice, recently moving to Melbourne to board at Scotch College, where cousins Cyril and Shannon were schooled. He's only 15 and eligible for the draft in 2020, but he's already showcased his skills, defensive pressure and ability to find the goals in his first season with NTFL club St Mary's last year. Fremantle is also eligible to recruit him as his father played 168 games for WAFL club South Fremantle, but his closeness to current Tiger and cousin Daniel and the fact he's already in Victoria could prove decisive. The Tigers also have the Northern Knights' Xavier Naish eligible next year, younger brother of Patrick, who they drafted last year, and son of Chris (143 games), while Zac Knights, son of 279-game midfielder Matthew, is on the Geelong Falcons list and eligible this draft.

Watch list:

There's been a flurry of girls born at Richmond in recent years, which bodes well for the Tigers' incoming AFLW team should Harper and Mackenzie Cotchin, Zoey Richardson, Sarah Houli, Indi and Macie Newman or even Milla Deledio have an interest in following in their dads' footsteps. As for boys, fans will have to wait awhile to see if toddler Sonny and baby Spencer Grigg have the back-up rucking ability of their dad, or if Oscar and Phoenix Johnson are in a position to choose Richmond over Adelaide given Kane played 104 games for the Crows before 116 in the yellow and black. But, they might get to see Harry Broderick sooner, with the athletic midfielder currently impressing as captain of Fitzroy's under 14s.

Past father-son successes: Probably the most famous combination is Alan and Matthew Richardson, with the pair combining for 385 games. Michael Bowden had two sons play for Richmond, Joel and Patrick, after his 59 games that included the 1969 premiership. Joel went on to play 265 games for the Tigers while Patrick racked up 25 after 50 for the Western Bulldogs. Francis Bourke played 300 games for the club before his son David ran out for 85.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-09/fathers-and-sons-whos-on-the-radar

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2018, 03:31:47 PM »
Need big Richo to go again, will need a new centre half forward in 20 years time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2018, 01:47:50 AM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #371 on: June 08, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
LATE-developing Geelong Falcon Zac Knights has come a long way from the tough induction to pre-season training at the start of last year.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/tac-cup-fatherson-prospect-zac-knights-shows-astronomical-growth-at-geelong-falcons/news-story/a297795f874d72e332ddf4c9643ede0f

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: December 04, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
Forget getting any other NT talent unless they're the sons of Maurice Rioli or Joel Bowden...if they're any good, the clubs that were given NGA zones up there will jump on them.....as usual we get gyped by the AFL as the only Vic club with neither a Vic Metro nor an NT zone.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »

resize this please cyclops....cheers.... Done!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:50:36 AM by one-eyed »

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: December 04, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »
Forget getting any other NT talent unless they're the sons of Maurice Rioli or Joel Bowden...if they're any good, the clubs that were given NGA zones up there will jump on them.....as usual we get gyped by the AFL as the only Vic club with neither a Vic Metro nor an NT zone.... :shh

I Have mentioned this before. Why is that the case Dio?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.