Author Topic: Tigers vs Port game thread  (Read 29599 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers vs Port game thread
« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »
all over  :banghead

Richmond   1.2   4.9   7.10   10.14-74
Port Adel.   1.4   3.6   9.9    13.11-89

Goals: Riewoldt 3, King 2, Martin, Vickery, Jackson, Nahas, Grigg

:banghead  :banghead  :banghead
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2011, 11:20:23 PM »
havent been this stuffing peeed after a loss for years

10 FLAGS

« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »
stuffen wrecked my weekend this has. Its gone to poo for no reason at all.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
I wonder if Port will sell there games over the next 5 years of making operating loses
They agreed to play 2 games per year away in Darwin for cash rather than their home games.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2011, 11:25:50 PM »
Dean Brogan best on ground.

stuff me if an opposition ruckman gets another best on ground against us I'm going to stuffing spew up
Go Tigers!

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2011, 11:27:47 PM »
Played like poo no doubt but i saw at least 5 free kicks we didn't get and Port got pretty much everything on offer. Also not really an excuse but did anyone notice the number of Port players wearing gloves? Our handling was atrocious but it was wet due to the dew and Port just seemed to be surer with the ball. One other pet hate in these sorts of conditions is that the commentators kept saying how the ball will tend to slide to the back of a marking pack yet we didnt seem to have anyone there for that whereas Port seemed to have players in the right positions.

Very very disappointing loss but its also a learning experience for a young side. no doubt flat after last weeks almost finals football atmosphere. The time we know the tigers have turned the corner is when they can win the big games but then back up the week after and win ugly if they have to. Unfortunately they failed miserably tonight.

tony_montana

« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2011, 11:28:20 PM »
Dean Brogan best on ground.

eff me if an opposition ruckman gets another best on ground against us I'm going to effing spew up

Brogan I can accept bc lets face it we dont have any ruckmen

but what really gives me the shizens is the fact that players like westhoff/pearce and another few that escape me right now typically play their one good game in 15 against us FFS

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #262 on: May 28, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
Also not really an excuse but did anyone notice the number of Port players wearing gloves? Our handling was atrocious but it was wet due to the dew and Port just seemed to be surer with the ball.

Notcied this too Lozza. Great great point.

Port have played in Darwin 7 times now, Richmond debut tonight.

What a great idea sell our home game to Darwin against a team that's played there 6 times to our 0. Port have the experience of conditions. Stupid decision by the club.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #263 on: May 28, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
Also not really an excuse but did anyone notice the number of Port players wearing gloves? Our handling was atrocious but it was wet due to the dew and Port just seemed to be surer with the ball.

What a great idea sell our home game to Darwin against a team that's played there 6 times to our 0. Port have the experience of conditions. Stupid decision by the club.

And according to Jacko they were training on T hursday night whilst our players were watching the dogs, going on tv, hearing some bands play and others were drinking their own bathwater.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #264 on: May 28, 2011, 11:35:27 PM »
havent been this effing peeed after a loss for years
Me too. How embarrassing, you'd think being a tiger supporter i'd be used to losing the unloseable, but this one really peed me off. Westhoff looked like Carey out there, Brogan looked like Sandilands, Pearce like McLeod.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
If we lose Richmonds administration should formally apologise to the players and in particular to the supporters. I dont blame the players I blame our administration.
Didn't we win every game interstate last year? Must have been close if not.
We need to learn to win everywhere, not just at the G, we just looked flat tonight and Port decided to play for once this year

Would you rather play the Dome with 40000 feral tigers or go to Darwin and get 500K and lose to a side who are infighting like we have been for decades. Galling loss.
Sell outs I'm very disappointed with the footy club as a whole not just the team tonight.
The irony is we would've made money tonight at the Dome anyway with 40k there.
Nowhere near as much, would be lucky to have made 100k at the dome and we wouldn't have got 40k there anyway

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2011, 11:40:15 PM »

And according to Jacko they were training on T hursday night whilst our players were watching the dogs, going on tv, hearing some bands play and others were drinking their own bathwater.

daniel jackson was seen at the Corner Hotel in Richmond watching "Boy and Bear "

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2011, 11:42:30 PM »
Daniel Jackson is our best option as a tradeable player with some currency.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

tony_montana

« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2011, 11:45:21 PM »
Daniel Jackson is our best option as a tradeable player with some currency.

i guarantee we wouldnt get more than pick50 for him in a compromised draft. McGuane seems to have a few fooled, he's our best bet to get perhaps what we wasted on him pick 38 or whatever the stuff it was. Although we have wasted 6 years and about 450k per season for the last 2...

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: May 29, 2011, 12:42:49 AM »

Would you rather play the Dome with 40000 feral tigers or go to Darwin and get 500K and lose to a side who are infighting like we have been for decades. Galling loss.
Sell outs I'm very disappointed with the footy club as a whole not just the team tonight.
The irony is we would've made money tonight at the Dome anyway with 40k there.
Nowhere near as much, would be lucky to have made 100k at the dome and we wouldn't have got 40k there anyway
[/quote]
We may not have gotten 40,000. But we would have gotten more than the PATHETIC 11,000 that turned up to tonight's abomination at that substandard turkish bath.
I'm so peed off with the club for selling their supporters and their soul to the afl devil tonight.