Author Topic: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce  (Read 11425 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »
what the stuff is wrong with a player having an afternoon nap before a night game?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »
what the eff is wrong with a player having an afternoon nap before a night game?

you people have no idea.
There routine is up the creek.
The spend a tiring day travelling on the Friday, have to train and then have ordinary night sleep.
Get up next day stuffed, have to then play that night. GREAT PREPARATION NOT
Its all about routine.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 10:27:40 AM »
Jack i fully understand about routines.

I just want to know what is wrong with having an afternoon nap.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »
before a game of footy, alot. Means he didnt have a great nights sleep the previous night
also,unfortunately the players sometimes take interestate games as a holiday, especially when they have been given the next four days off.
Preparation before a game ( 48 hours before ) is critical for performance.
Add in heat factor compared to Melb etc.
aint happy losing !!!!!!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »
Hardwick said it well
"Regardless wherever you play it's no excuse for a poor effort."

We should have been playing in Melbourne but regardless we should have put in a better effort.

If we lost whilst playing decent footy and giving 110% we'd have every reason to complain for the decision for the move. But when you put in a poor effort nothing else matters.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
Big 4 clubs don't sell their games interstate.
19th man was where last night.
I think we would have had at least 35 at the G last night and four premiership points.
Tragic mistake by the club. I hope post 2012 we never sell out again.
You can't talk about 3-0-75 and then sell home games to substandard stadia where North and Bulldogs sell out to, in order to pay wages to club employees.
First time I am disappointed in Benny.

the claw

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »
I think we would have had at least 35 at the G last night and four premiership points.
You can't talk about 3-0-75 and then sell home games to substandard stadia where North and Bulldogs sell out to, in order to pay wages to club employees.

THE BIG 4 ARE NOT IN DEBT. Oh i see you think we are big 4 well we will never be that again if we remain in debt.
this is not about selling games though its all about bitching because you couldnt go watch them play.
get used to it we are a side in a national comp and we really do need to sell our club right around the country and more importantly we need to kill of the debt.
we need to walk before we can run and its high time selfish emotional supporters stopped putting the cart in front of the horse.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
Spin it anyway you like- we play that game at the G last night we win. Play in Darwin and its 50/50 at best. (and we all know what happened)
I don't give a stuff about how much money we made, this is a footy club that has been down for to long and the number 1 aim should be to win at all costs! Become smarter and think of other ways of making money!
Club sold out last night and as a member and long time LOYAL supporter, i am really disappointed with the RFC.
Now we go into the bye after a really great month with last nights performance as the last thing we think of. Only to have to travel to Sydney and Brisbane for the next two games.
If i were a player i would be so peeed off at this situation too. They ask for total commitment and ask you to put your own hard earned into the club and yet they sell you out of 4 points against a poo club like Port Power.

On another point but sort of the same, playing games at Etihad is a disgrace too, i know we must have had to agree to it but if we are truely to become a top side again, we need to take every little advantage we can. And that's playing at the G.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:00:35 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »

THE BIG 4 ARE NOT IN DEBT. Oh i see you think we are big 4 well we will never be that again if we remain in debt.
this is not about selling games though its all about bitching because you couldnt go watch them play.
get used to it we are a side in a national comp and we really do need to sell our club right around the country and more importantly we need to kill of the debt.
we need to walk before we can run and its high time selfish emotional supporters stopped putting the cart in front of the horse.

Carlton have massive debt.  Just saying.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
what the eff is wrong with a player having an afternoon nap before a night game?

you people have no idea.
The spend a tiring day travelling on the Friday, have to train and then have ordinary night sleep.
Its all about routine.
We had the same routine for interstate games last year and we managed pretty well

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »
the club does not need to apoligise, what a ridiculous assertion. what they do need to do is come out in a fortnight and have a good WIN :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
What if we lost at the G?

That would've been worse.

No 500k in the bank.

Team should be able to win games like these at any ground.

Andy D. instead of scoffing prawn cocktails at Gold Coast and bathing in a tub of cash and Ouzo,actually look at the other grounds that need upgrading.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers sell a chance to win by playing Port Adelaide in Darwin

Mark Stevens
    May 29, 2011 8:57AM

RICHMOND pocketed $500,000 for playing a "home" game in Darwin, but potentially forfeited a lot more.

1. THE MONEY OR THE FUN?

RICHMOND might cruelly finish ninth again this year - and if the nightmare returns it will look back and rue May 28.

It was the night the club pocketed $500,000 for playing a "home" game in Darwin, but potentially forfeited a lot more.

The Tigers would have beaten Port by five-goals-plus in Melbourne with an ever-growing home crowd behind them - even if the AFL scheduled the game for Etihad Stadium, and not the MCG.

Yet, with a deal signed to play two games in three years in the Top End, a group of young players headed for the tropics and suddenly a certain win became a 50-50.

Port, a regular in Darwin, had a decided advantage in the dew and heat and the AFL's new buzz team got rolled.

The Tigers may well hit the wall anyway this year, but going into the bye a victory would have been invaluable.

Full marks to the Tigers for embracing indigenous issues and Darwin, but rank-and-file supporters back in the heartland have every reason to be a little peeved off.

There is another sold game to come, with the Tigers hosting the Gold Coast as he "home" side in Cairns. All good in theory, but it can cost you in such a relentless competition.

The Tigers are not on their own, either.

The Bulldogs sold a game to Canberra three weeks back and lost to the Swans in a tight one. Play that at Etihad and the Dogs win. They would be sitting at 4-4 right now and just outside the eight.

Instead, the Dogs and the coach Rodney Eade are under the pump.

Struggling clubs will tell you selling games is a necessary evil. Really, it's just plain evil.

It just further compromises an already desperately compromised competition.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-sell-a-chance-to-win-by-playing-port-adelaide-in-darwin/story-e6frf9jf-1226064892300

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »

you people have no idea.
Its all about routine.
We had the same routine for interstate games last year and we managed pretty well

we didnt play in darwin :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »

you people have no idea.
Its all about routine.

we didnt play in darwin :banghead
So? Its about the same length of flight as it is to go to Perth
Ground is about the same size as the MCG, only difference is the humidity