Author Topic: 2011 Draft thread [merged]  (Read 41133 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: 2011 Draft thread
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »
Highlights of Adams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDbf94xHXtY

Hard to tell just how much class he has, but he's definitely the type we need. Hard and strong inside mid.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »
Really think we should target genuine mids only in this draft. No more skinny wingman/flanker types. We have enough bits and pieces types like Conners, Dea, Edwards, Grigg, Helbig, Houli,  King, MacDonald, Morris, Nahas, Newman, Webberley and White. And none of those can really go into the midfield and make a differnce.

We have Cotch, Lids, Dusty, Foley and hopefully Conca that can be as good as any going around but after that it is made up of those bits and pieces types and Jackson and Tuck. In the perfect world we will never see Jackson ever again!!!

Our list seems to have enough KPP at present in Astbury, Gourdis (who i think will step up this year with a little more gametime), Griffiths, Grimes, McGuane, Miller, Moore, Post, Rance, Riewoldt and Vickery. Would rookie another one or two.

In terms of Ruckman we have- Maric, Gus, Browne, Derickx and even Vickery. So just need to rookie one or two.

My side for round 1 would look something like this

Batch(to play as the third tall)     Grimes   Morris(to play on small forward)
Newman   Rance    Houli
Nahas    Foley   Conca
Martin    Griffiths    Edwards/King after round 1
Vickery  Riewoldt    Pick 15(mid)

Maric   Cotch   Lids

Pick 26(mid)   Tuck   Grigg   Conners

So rotating through the middle would be- Cotch, Lids, Foley   then    Martin, Pick 15, Tuck, Grigg, Conca, Pick 26 and even Newman.

The side is starting to have some real size and class. Still needs a few up gardes but definatelly getting there.  :gotigers

10 FLAGS

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »
Anyone got any highlights of Tom Sheridan

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »
Good summary, big Tone.

But if you were to brake that down even further, I think a strong-bodied inside mid should be the priority at 15.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:50:11 PM by Willy »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »
Anyone got any highlights of Tom Sheridan
No match highlights that I know of. The only video I can find is the Daicos challenge he did on TAC Cup Future Stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbcWthGv71Y

Ox

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »

In terms of Ruckman we have- Maric, Gus, Browne, Derickx and even Vickery. So just need to rookie one or two.

What does that even mean ????? :o

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »
it is so good to have you here oxx. i missed you.

may the prayers  not effect you. go all in my friend
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:12:19 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »
Good exhumation, big Tone.

But if you were to brake that down even further, I think a strong-bodied inside mid should be the priority at 15.

As long as he can kick ;D

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
Thats a given, David.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »
Only my best friend calls me that, William. Get on topic

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:37 PM »
Really think we should target genuine mids only in this draft. No more skinny wingman/flanker types. We have enough bits and pieces types like Conners, Dea, Edwards, Grigg, Helbig, Houli,  King, MacDonald, Morris, Nahas, Newman, Webberley and White. And none of those can really go into the midfield and make a differnce.

Bit tough on Helbig BT.  Not sure that he's had enough exposure yet to say what he is or isn't capable of and nothing to suggest he can't make it as a mid.  And I wouldn't like to pigeon-hole Morris or Grigg just yet.  But, having said that I agree with your opinion of targeting "genuine mids" - that's were our future and 'salvation' lies.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2011, 01:55:52 AM »
Is that team too short? Geelong Scarlett. Longeran. Taylor. Mackie.

Why play batch as the 3rd tall when you can have astbury or post.
Them houli and or Newman to the middle.

Chb. Rance
fb. Grimes.
3rd. Astbury or Post
shut down back pocket. Morris.
Rebound. Newman. + batch

Might be more balance back 6 if one of the kids kick on.

Or Kelvin Moore. Inhope not mcgaune.

We have Cotch, Lids, Dusty, Foley and hopefully Conca that can be as good as any going around but after that it is made up of those bits and pieces types and Jackson and Tuck. In the perfect world we will never see Jackson ever again!!!

Our list seems to have enough KPP at present in Astbury, Gourdis (who i think will step up this year with a little more gametime), Griffiths, Grimes, McGuane, Miller, Moore, Post, Rance, Riewoldt and Vickery. Would rookie another one or two.

Newman   Rance    Houli
Nahas    Foley   Conca

Maric   Cotch   Lids

So rotating through the middle would be- Cotch, Lids, Foley   then    Martin, Pick 15, Tuck, Grigg, Conca, Pick 26 and even Newman.

The side is starting to have some real size and class. Still needs a few up gardes but definatelly getting there.  :gotigers
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:34:16 AM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2011, 01:59:40 AM »
Morris. Grimes. Astbury/Post.   
Newman. Rance. Batchelor.
Houli. Foley. Conca. 
Martin. Griff. Nahas. 
Vickery. Reiwoldt. #15
Maric. Deledio. Cotchin.
#26.  Tuck. King. Grigg.

Out. Connors

Newman   Rance    Houli
Nahas    Foley   Conca

Maric   Cotch   Lids

[/quote]

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2011, 02:12:22 AM »

What does that even mean ????? :o

one or even two ruck rookies would be good.

Then you'd have browne. Derickx. And a another developing ruck. We'd be in a better postion tondelist Graham next year and leave vickery forward.

I think collingwood had 6 odd rucks so another would be good to round off list.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2011, 02:30:46 AM »
Westhoff going means we one tall short.