Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 61337 times)

Offline desurf

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Krakouer re-signs for 3 years
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2004, 05:30:36 PM »
Hi people,
              Andy staying at the club is FANTASTIC  :cheers
I am sure he will repay the faith shown in him !! He could teach Rottens a thing or two about loyality!
Thanks
Desurf

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Where is Krakouer at in his career?
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2005, 12:36:36 AM »
As most of you know I'm not one of Andy's biggest admirers, and its performances like today's which is the reason why.

Ten touches a game really shouldn't be acceptable at this stage in his career and I don't see anyway that he will better his performances unless he takes the responsibility upon himself to get well conditioned and prepared for AFL footy.

FFS, you'd think he'd show a pulse playing in front of his old man but it was the same ole lackadaisical Krakouer moping about the field.

What gives? If he doesn't lift his game in the next month and continues to pull out the ten touch games, I want to see him spend a good three or 4 weeks at Coburg so he can re-assess what is going on in his career.

It might seem harsh coming down on him after one game in the year, I admit as much myself, but I effen hate seeing players that aren't getting the best out of themselves being rewarded with game selection.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 12:43:05 AM by JohnF »

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Where is Krakouer at in his career?
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2005, 04:26:44 AM »
Was one of many that were very disappointing JohnF but rightly so that this question should be asked.

I havent been impressed with him either in his time at Richmond and he really needs to step up this season, but I seriously doubt he has the ability to.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2005, 04:51:39 AM »
Given Krakouer's now played 57 games and starting his 5th year of AFL (granted he started 1 year earlier than expected) I agree John he should be primed to take the next step up again and take on more responsibility.

His first 2 years were developing ones. His 3rd year was disappointing as he appeared to stall but last year he improved a fair bit although it was a mixed bag of results. Started and ended the season reasonably well but was quiet in the middle. Ironically the 2 games he racked up 20+ possies last year were against the Cats.

As we got totally smashed in the midfield today and our disposal was crap going forward it isn't too surprising he only got 10 posessions. Like PRR said he had many mates. I see Krakouer ending up a dangerous cameo type which all good sides need.

IMO wait til the end of the year to judge whether he can find consistency and start taking games by the scruff of the neck..

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2005, 10:35:56 AM »
He struggles to make more than a 5 minute impact, need to look at trading him at the end of the season if this doesnt change.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2005, 11:26:13 AM »
Agree...Agree...Agree....

I called this at the start of the pre-season. He needs to lift somewhere near 70-90% in terms of effectiveness and impact. he can get 10 possesions, but they must result in 2-4 goals.......simply. As an onballer, he does not cut the mustard and his body-size does not help. I think we need to make him into a permanent forward pocket who will deliver with 40-odd goals a season.

On the lighter side, isnt it ironic how he isnt showing enough and the one person who is vouching for him is our former-coach? You cant help but shake your head.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2005, 08:34:56 AM »
He struggles to make more than a 5 minute impact, need to look at trading him at the end of the season if this doesnt change.

I agree he tends to be a bit lazy but unfortunately he's just got a 3 year contract at $250,000 a season, Wallace needs to get inside his head he needs to find space & team mates have to stop kicking to him in a contest.
GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

letsgetiton!

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2005, 09:46:09 AM »
krak like many others is at the cross roads, but i have faith in him, he had a shocker but it was an emotional day 4 him no excuses though but he needs too get fitter and play midfield he has the stregnthjust not the stamina

Bulluss

Krakouer is soft as butter
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 09:36:20 PM »
My opinion of Andrew Krakouer is diminishing at a fast rate, once again he put in another terrible performance and he is another along with Tiva's that is badly in need of a run at Coburg.

He isnt attacking the ball and just seems to following his opponent around the ground all day.

For a player who gets payed the money he is (reported at $250K) he is far below par of what you would expect from a player in that group.

Thoughts?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Krakouer is soft as butter
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2005, 09:42:15 PM »
On current form I would have to agree Bull. I remember when he was renowned for his tackling and second efforts a couple of years ago but's he's not been able to recapture that enthusiasm so far this season. Maybe an icy cold bench at Coburg may put a tingle in his spine. 

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2005, 10:27:30 PM »
lmfaoooooooo@all the dills on certain other websites that thought he was in for the year of his life after dominating intra club matches and matches against VFL sides.

I'm still amazed at how they even thought of giving a guy like Krakouer a three year deal  :banghead. The last thing you do to lazy priks like Krakouer is reward them with long term contracts. If he was getting everything he could out of himself it would be a different story. But when you see a bloke with muppet arms after 4 full seasons of AFL you have to ask serious questions about their commitment, not give them 3 year deals.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 10:38:20 PM by JohnF »

letsgetiton!

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2005, 09:18:59 AM »
lmfaoooooooo@all the dills on certain other websites that thought he was in for the year of his life after dominating intra club matches and matches against VFL sides.

I'm still amazed at how they even thought of giving a guy like Krakouer a three year deal  :banghead. The last thing you do to lazy priks like Krakouer is reward them with long term contracts. If he was getting everything he could out of himself it would be a different story. But when you see a bloke with muppet arms after 4 full seasons of AFL you have to ask serious questions about their commitment, not give them 3 year deals.

maybe alot of us are laughing at u for comments like this.

did u see how much respect high 5s hug taps on teh back and so 4th richo gave krak during the short spells he had agaisnt the dawks. he is our only fwd who busts his guts to keep the ball in and his pack work on sunday set up  goals 4 us!
he may be small, but he is tuff and hard at it and is our best tackler by a mile! poo we are 2 games in and u r all on his case! chaff, tiv, kell, gas are 4 experienced players who have all had bad starts , so krak is not alone but at least when he gets the ball something happens.

he will kick arse against the dogs wait n c!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2005, 09:30:06 AM »
Don't agree that Krakour is soft as butter as he goes in pretty hard and lays heavy tackles for a small bloke.  The problem with Krakouer is that he's probably got the worst engine in the AFL.  His endurance and pace is a really big concern, something that is very difficult to improve. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2005, 12:58:53 PM »
AHHAHAHAHAH @ X-Cited who sees a leader trying to lift a young kid who doesnt do enough and think that its because Kraks is dominating.

Look his tackling is great no doubts about it, but my god Pets can rack up 18 touches and two goals from a half-foward while Kraks has racked up 20 touches in two games.....he just doesnt have an impact and you cant reward players like that with 3-year deals IF they dont turn it up.

He isn't soft.......he just isnt getting enough of the ball.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2005, 01:25:11 PM »
I certainly don't think he is soft - far from it. I reckon he is one the best tacklers for his size in the game. His attack on the ball, especially in our forward fifty is first rate.

The problem with Krakouer is that he's probably got the worst engine in the AFL. His endurance and pace is a really big concern, something that is very difficult to improve.

Agree with this HarryH - his around the ground work, his running etc (areobic capacity I think they call it) is a major worry. The skills there but the power to run isn't and I don't know how you improve it.

I also reckon his concentration (or lack of it) is a problem. He seems to be like alot of players in that he doesn't seem switched on. He can give you a 5 minute burst of brillance and then go missing for quarter or worse still a half.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)