Author Topic: #2012 List turn over#  (Read 15949 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: #2012 List turn over#
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2011, 09:24:45 PM »
connors seems to have talent and could be worth keeping another preseason to see if he comes good. The
irishman is a good player and worth keeping. Dea is both young and a project player.

I would look to delist or trade if we can 7/8 from today's geelong game. And about 17 from the list over next couple years looking at the Jackson. White. Edwards. Types.

I think our best 22 going into 2012 if everything goes well in terms of injury:

Rance. Grimes. Moore.
Deledio. Astbury. Batchelor.
Conca. Cotchin. Houli.
Nahas. Griffiths. Grigg.
Newman. Riewoldt. Vickery.
Derickx. Martin. Tuck.
Foley. Irishman. Webberly. Helbig.

If we are to win a flag we need to be looking to draft Ruckman (derickx). Key backs (Moore). Running mid/forwards.

I would keep in the 2s macdonald. Dea. Jacobi. Browne. Post. Connors.

Everyone else not named
should be looked at moving on. It's hard to delist not much less than 20 if 2 season with the afl playing funny buggers with the draft.

imo its not just about poor performers but about balancing out the list.i think first and foremost the players most in the gun are those types we have an abundance of.
an example is say medium defenders. we have connors, dea, deledio, conca, jakobi, batchelor, orielly, and newman.

jakobi is a first yr rookie and has to be safe. deledio  conca and batchelor are also safe. a lack of experience in the entire team would suggest newman is safe,but a factor is his age personally id move him out of defense into another role. that would leave connors orielly and dea in the gun. imo 2 of these types are superfluous to needs.personally i would keep dea.  connors, has had how many yrs 5. hes  not really established himself and has many pulling their hair out. if possible id give orielly another season but age and his background sort of work against him even though hes an experiment.

so connors is one up for trade delist imo.if we do get rid of him we do not have to invest in a medium defender we can target another area of structure with his replacement.

an area we are really low on numbers in is small defenders.we certainly dont have a lock down small defender. we have just farmer and webberley if we delist them we must look for their replacements well at least one replacement anyway. fortunately  we can replace the small defender with a medium sized defender this is the way most clubs have gone anyway.to me both farmer and webberley are players and types we can cover for.

another area we are deficient in is medium forwards we have two genuine medium forwards morton and macdonald and i dont have high hopes for either.but there is a case to keep both atm  the lack of this type says so. surely we will target this type at the draft.

anyway i think people get what im saying list balance age performance contracts all determine who we delist and who we actually draft.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2011, 09:36:53 PM »
At half time I went through our current list (including rookies) of who I'd keep, who I'd trade and who I'd de-list

I came up with 12 without batting an eyelid; which to me just proved what a massive job re-building this list is.

Anyone who think we don't need another 2 years of re-building is living in "la-la" land
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:30 PM »
Because of contracts, I reckon the following changes are likely to happen:-

2011: Browne (delist) Jackson (seek trade/delist), Morton (seek trade/delist), Nason, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley (all delist)

2012: Connors (seek trade) Edwards (seek trade) Tuck (delist) foley (seek trade)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »
Rough on Nason and Webberley for mine.

Nason was good last year, and they both have the potential to improve.

I'd rather see them on the list than older players who have already shown they are limited and will never be capable of taking the next step such as King, White, Edwards, Morton, Nahas etc...

I also reckon Thursty has been ok this year.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »
I'd keep Tuck for 1 more year, have to realise that we haven't had any injuries to our midfielders this year. Which has been remarkable.

Who would play midfield if Martin went down with a knee, Jackson got rubbed out for 4 weeks and Cotchin did a shoulder?

No one can replace them, so I think there is merit keeping Tuck if he is happy to play as depth. I'd actually honestly play him as a defender. Good speed, has a great vertical leap, good set of hands and a good head on his shoulders. Isn't a great kick but better than Thursfield and McGuane.

Players to be moved on:
Will Thursfield
Mitch Farmer
Luke McGuane
Daniel Connors
Mitch Morton
Daniel Jackson
Ben Nason
Angus Graham
Troy Taylor

Brad Miller (R)
Tom Hislop (R)

Edwards, Jackson, Morton maybe McGuane would have varied currency in the trade market. The rest wont be touched.
Go Tigers!

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »

Agree Big fella , he's been far from our worst player in the past two weeks.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »
Rough on Nason and Webberley for mine.

Nason was good last year, and they both have the potential to improve.

I'd rather see them on the list than older players who have already shown they are limited and will never be capable of taking the next step such as King, White, Edwards, Morton, Nahas etc...

you would have nason over nahas? Nahas is servicable. Nason seems to have ticker but is too light and gets ragdolled

Webberly should not be delisted (yet). Many others ahead of him to go earlier.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2011, 07:59:15 PM »
Who do people think will be moved on now?

How many list changes?

I'm thinking it may be limited to:-

For sure
Taylor
Hislop
Nason
Browne
Farmer

Maybes/trade
Foley
Jackson
McGone (trade or payout)
Morton
Connors

Done enough
Thursfield?
Tuck?
Miller?

I can see us having only 6-7 odd list changes.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »
BrownE will be here. Gus is gone

edit: hang on, isn't Beefcake another Craig Cameron special? LMAO he'll be here too :rollin

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2011, 08:08:09 PM »
I'd keep Tuck for 1 more year, have to realise that we haven't had any injuries to our midfielders this year. Which has been remarkable.

Who would play midfield if Martin went down with a knee, Jackson got rubbed out for 4 weeks and Cotchin did a shoulder?

No one can replace them, so I think there is merit keeping Tuck if he is happy to play as depth. I'd actually honestly play him as a defender. Good speed, has a great vertical leap, good set of hands and a good head on his shoulders. Isn't a great kick but better than Thursfield and McGuane.

Players to be moved on:
Will Thursfield
Mitch Farmer
Luke McGuane
Daniel Connors
Mitch Morton
Daniel Jackson
Ben Nason
Angus Graham
Troy Taylor

Brad Miller (R)
Tom Hislop (R)

Edwards, Jackson, Morton maybe McGuane would have varied currency in the trade market. The rest wont be touched.

I think Farmer is in the coaches long term plans. If Moore does not recover then Thursfield is the one i would keep for the short term and i would give Conners another year. Agree with all of the rest.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2011, 08:23:05 PM »
Farmers not going anywhere.

He is a very good kick and he was one of the first to understand how to defend space,(or a zone) rather than a man.

It's just wishful thinking
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
Think we need to turn over five or six from the senior list.

2011: Astbury, Browne, Dea, Farmer, Griffiths, Jackson, King, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

Taylor - for sure
Nason - likely
Moore - unfortunately

Then it comes down to a selection from between Dea, Farmer, Morton or Webberley for the final short straw (assuming we can organize a trade or two). 

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »

2011: Astbury, Browne, Dea, Farmer, Griffiths, Jackson, King, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

Taylor - for sure
Nason - likely
Moore - unfortunately

Then it comes down to a selection from between Dea, Farmer, Morton or Webberley for the final short straw (assuming we can organize a trade or two).

Webberley has been performing pretty good as the Sub lately so I would have him above Morton at this stage.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2011, 02:58:46 PM »

Taylor - for sure
Nason - likely
Moore - unfortunately

Webberley has been performing pretty good as the Sub lately so I would have him above Morton at this stage.

Guess we could throw Thursty into that mix as well. 

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »
I think white is at real risk of being delisted