Author Topic: #2012 List turn over#  (Read 15953 times)

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: #2012 List turn over#
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2011, 04:11:39 PM »
I think white is at real risk of being delisted

Whitey has a contract for 2012.  They'd have to pay him out.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
I think white is at real risk of being delisted

Whitey has a contract for 2012.  They'd have to pay him out.

That is a shame if true, simply not up to it.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »
They should trade him also or just pay him out. Harvey embarrased him today and Harvey is nearly on the old age pension.  White only has pace going for him and he seems to be losing that as well. Common Richmond make some decisions on the likes of White and Jackson. Richmond members and sponsors deserve better.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »
They should trade him also or just pay him out. Harvey embarrased him today and Harvey is nearly on the old age pension.  White only has pace going for him and he seems to be losing that as well. Common Richmond make some decisions on the likes of White and Jackson. Richmond members and sponsors deserve better.

Add the very disappointing Graham to that list. Shocking year.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »

Gus looks so bad when he takes his eye off the ball to look at the opposition ruckman.  Couple of times today it looked like he was trying to avoid contact.  And he got nowhere near the ball either.

Tigermonk

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »

Gus looks so bad when he takes his eye off the ball to look at the opposition ruckman.  Couple of times today it looked like he was trying to avoid contact.  And he got nowhere near the ball either.

His been doing that all season. His a chicken poo

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
Interesting to hear at pre-match function that Luke McGuane has just had surgery to correct a severe case of OP that he has struggled with for 2 seasons  :gobdrop now

Begs the question why do we persist wiuth playing blokes when they are clearly injured :banghead :banghead Perhaps it's simply people can come on the internet and bag the crap out of them  ;D

Seriously though why was he played for so much of the year when he admitted today that he hasn't been able to kick properly for most of the year and that the OP's been so bad he's actually had trouble getting out of bed in the mornings because of the pain - bloody stupid RFC 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
Interesting to hear at pre-match function that Luke McGuane has just had surgery to correct a severe case of OP that he has struggled with for 2 seasons  :gobdrop now

Begs the question why do we persist wiuth playing blokes when they are clearly injured :banghead :banghead Perhaps it's simply people can come on the internet and bag the crap out of them  ;D

Seriously though why was he played for so much of the year when he admitted today that he hasn't been able to kick properly for most of the year and that the OP's been so bad he's actually had trouble getting out of bed in the mornings because of the pain - bloody stupid RFC

just appalling - seriously RFC not good enough!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »
Can someone please send Shaun Grigg back to Carlton for a can of coke and a cherry ripe. Wasting our time this bloke. He is Daniel Jackson mark 2 in the making IMHO.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
Will be interesting to read/hear about those blokes who have had or are going in for surgeries over the next week or so... I know of a few ..... and I am staggered that we kept plpaying some of them ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
Can someone please send Shaun Grigg back to Carlton for a can of coke and a cherry ripe. Wasting our time this bloke. He is Daniel Jackson mark 2 in the making IMHO.

I thought Griggs first 6 games were superb. Been ordinary since, still think he's an upgrade on Collins even small improvements are worth something. At the mid point of the season he was rated a better trade than Houli, Houli now has gone ahead of him. Will be interesting to see how he goes next year. Twice the player Jackson is, in fact so is my grandma.
Go Tigers!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »
Will be interesting to read/hear about those blokes who have had or are going in for surgeries over the next week or so... I know of a few ..... and I am staggered that we kept plpaying some of them ::)

Had no choice I guess, some of them have been our better players this year  ;)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
An Update:

1. Delist - Will Thursfield (26yo)
Has actually had a decent end to the season. Wanted out at the end of the year. With McGuane having sever OP as an excuse and Grimes coming back from his hamstring. Thursfield is a depth player. Will be 26 next year, maybe a tough call on a good end to the season I can see him staying, may be contracted?
2. Trade - Shane Edwards for Pick 25-30
My opinion hasnt changed. Too small to play midfield and not creative enough to be a small forward and poor overhead. Trade as he has currency and may be keen to return back to SA.
3. Delist - Brad Miller (29yo)
Think he's been a success, however doesnt deserve a spot on the list. Should remain a mature rookie or be delisted.
4. Delist - Mitch Farmer (23yo)
Delisted, non negotiable. Not AFl standard seen enough.
5. Delist - Luke McGuane (25yo)
Reports say he's had severe OP for 2 years. OP has no effect on his decision making. His skills are poor. May survive but I still don't think he's the answer, with Rance, Grimes and a monster defender needed I dont think there is room for even the best McGuane has to offer.
6. Delist - Daniel Connors (23yo)
5 years in the system has played 20 games max. Time is probably up. Can see him survive though.
7. Trade - Mitch Morton (GWS 2nd Round Pick/3rd Round)
Mitch has the X Factor, unfortunatley in what 3 seasons hes used it maybe twice. IMO has currency and think like Tambling ts better to cash in on a falling investment before you go bankrupt.
8. Delist - Shane Tuck (31yo)
I'm wrong about Tucky. I'd keep Tuck on for another year if he is happy to provide cover for teh young bodies at the end of the year. He is also in our best 22 and by all reports next year is about results not tranforming and blooding youth - If this is the case Tuck is in our best 12 players and could play 22 games.
9. Trade - Daniel Jackson (26yo 2nd Round Pick)
Can't think of a player Ive disliked more, Jordan McMahon springs to mind but he wasnt a player. Jackson can't insult the fans any longer unless he returns to his traditional run with role he is not AFL standard.
10. Delist - Ben Nason (23yo)
Too small, King and Nahas are miles ahead as small forwards, if we are moving on Edwards - Nason goes before him
11. Delist - Angus Graham (25yo)
Suburban football, would like to bring in a 23-26yo Ruckman that is AFL standard with Browne and Derickx pushing for selection. If Graham is kept than Browne must be moved on. Cant have 3 VFL ruckman on an AFL list
12. Delist - Tom Hislop (24yo)
Been given a stack of chances, hoped he could make it but unfortunately hasn't
13. Delist - Troy Taylor
Just gotta get fair dinkum, first delisted. If he wants to return to football, rookie the kid. No club in there mind would use a draft pick on him.

So out of these squad changes. I think McGuane and Tuck wont go ahead.
The rest I hope do. Could add a Matt White into that mix but I have a feeling hes played injured all year.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »
An Update:

1. Delist - Will Thursfield (26yo)
Has actually had a decent end to the season. Wanted out at the end of the year. With McGuane having sever OP as an excuse and Grimes coming back from his hamstring. Thursfield is a depth player. Will be 26 next year, maybe a tough call on a good end to the season I can see him staying, may be contracted?
2. Trade - Shane Edwards for Pick 25-30
My opinion hasnt changed. Too small to play midfield and not creative enough to be a small forward and poor overhead. Trade as he has currency and may be keen to return back to SA.
3. Delist - Brad Miller (29yo)
Think he's been a success, however doesnt deserve a spot on the list. Should remain a mature rookie or be delisted.
4. Delist - Mitch Farmer (23yo)
Delisted, non negotiable. Not AFl standard seen enough.
5. Delist - Luke McGuane (25yo)
Reports say he's had severe OP for 2 years. OP has no effect on his decision making. His skills are poor. May survive but I still don't think he's the answer, with Rance, Grimes and a monster defender needed I dont think there is room for even the best McGuane has to offer.
6. Delist - Daniel Connors (23yo)
5 years in the system has played 20 games max. Time is probably up. Can see him survive though.
7. Trade - Mitch Morton (GWS 2nd Round Pick/3rd Round)
Mitch has the X Factor, unfortunatley in what 3 seasons hes used it maybe twice. IMO has currency and think like Tambling ts better to cash in on a falling investment before you go bankrupt.
8. Delist - Shane Tuck (31yo)
I'm wrong about Tucky. I'd keep Tuck on for another year if he is happy to provide cover for teh young bodies at the end of the year. He is also in our best 22 and by all reports next year is about results not tranforming and blooding youth - If this is the case Tuck is in our best 12 players and could play 22 games.
9. Trade - Daniel Jackson (26yo 2nd Round Pick)
Can't think of a player Ive disliked more, Jordan McMahon springs to mind but he wasnt a player. Jackson can't insult the fans any longer unless he returns to his traditional run with role he is not AFL standard.
10. Delist - Ben Nason (23yo)
Too small, King and Nahas are miles ahead as small forwards, if we are moving on Edwards - Nason goes before him
11. Delist - Angus Graham (25yo)
Suburban football, would like to bring in a 23-26yo Ruckman that is AFL standard with Browne and Derickx pushing for selection. If Graham is kept than Browne must be moved on. Cant have 3 VFL ruckman on an AFL list
12. Delist - Tom Hislop (24yo)
Been given a stack of chances, hoped he could make it but unfortunately hasn't
13. Delist - Troy Taylor
Just gotta get fair dinkum, first delisted. If he wants to return to football, rookie the kid. No club in there mind would use a draft pick on him.

So out of these squad changes. I think McGuane and Tuck wont go ahead.
The rest I hope do. Could add a Matt White into that mix but I have a feeling hes played injured all year.

would think that is 100% correct. Good assessment. Now email that to Dimma :thumbsup

I will say Mcguane aint going anywhere with a contract he has.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2011, 12:40:35 AM »

So McGuane has played 30 games with OP then  :P.

Did the OP occur before or after we re-signed him for 3 years given he's had OP for the past two seasons and he's only into the 2nd year of the 3-year contract?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd