Author Topic: Nathan Foley [merged]  (Read 113639 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Nathan Foley [merged]
« Reply #1245 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:25 PM »
He's our Chris Judd
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1246 on: March 30, 2015, 02:18:30 PM »
Foley interview ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-03-30/foleys-quick-fix

* I had a bit of plantar fasciitis spring up on me post-Christmas and managed it for a while.  But it got to the point where we realised it was going to be too annoying throughout the year to manage and decided to go in for a quick, little operation which was just a plantar fascia release. That’s worked incredibly well, so very happy with it.  The beauty of it is it’s such an easy operation and doesn’t have a great deal of recovery time involved.

* It’s gone really smoothly so far.  I’m back running outside and just have to tick off a couple of things in terms of agility and high-speed running before I can join the training group but that won’t be too long.  So hopefully only three weeks off playing.

* It would have been nice to even be three weeks earlier to just give me a bit more training coming into the season but it’s certainly better than having it mid-year.  So we’ll get it done now and have no issues with it during the season. I’ll just look to train as hard as possible on the track, put some good form in the VFL and hopefully a senior spot opens up at some stage.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-30/foley-feeling-fine

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1247 on: March 30, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »
He's our Chris Judd

He was.......for 5 minutes about 8 years ago....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #1248 on: March 30, 2015, 09:14:59 PM »
Foley interview ...

* I had a bit of plantar fasciitis spring up on me post-Christmas and managed it for a while.  But it got to the point where we realised it was going to be too annoying throughout the year to manage and decided to go in for a quick, little operation which was just a plantar fascia release. That’s worked incredibly well, so very happy with it.  The beauty of it is it’s such an easy operation and doesn’t have a great deal of recovery time involved.

* It’s gone really smoothly so far.  I’m back running outside and just have to tick off a couple of things in terms of agility and high-speed running before I can join the training group but that won’t be too long.  So hopefully only three weeks off playing.

* It would have been nice to even be three weeks earlier to just give me a bit more training coming into the season but it’s certainly better than having it mid-year.  So we’ll get it done now and have no issues with it during the season. I’ll just look to train as hard as possible on the track, put some good form in the VFL and hopefully a senior spot opens up at some stage.

KIf its such an easy procedure then why even bother trying to manage it when you will never be able to go at 100% anyway? This is one thing Ive never understood with AFL clubs. Can understand if its a serious almost season ending surgery, but when its a 6-8 week recuperation at Christmas wtf wouldn't you just have the procedure?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1249 on: March 30, 2015, 09:41:23 PM »
When fit, he'll be like a new recruit! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1250 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »
Foley interview ...

KIf its such an easy procedure then why even bother trying to manage it when you will never be able to go at 100% anyway? This is one thing Ive never understood with AFL clubs. Can understand if its a serious almost season ending surgery, but when its a 6-8 week recuperation at Christmas wtf wouldn't you just have the procedure?

Sometimes the players rather not go under the knife

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1251 on: March 31, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
when at his best hes had a decent all round game, with c/ps being a stand out plus his  ability to get plenty of ball he would be good for 25 odd possesions a game and as stated a lot of them hard won ball.. the beauty of foley was being at the bottom of packs winning ball and dishing it out. He  could be relied on to do it 8 10 times a game. He also had an ability to run away from congestion with pace hence he had  a reasonable number of clearances against his name when playing well.
 imo if he cant win enough contested ball he should not play.

i say this because hes always been imo an average kick at best, hes also not a goal kicker. this to me means we dont want him on the outside too much, delivering the ball inside 50 or attempting precise or pressure kicks., imo  we cant play him fwd either  because he just doesnt hit the scoreboard enough. In fact id say hes a poor kick at goal.

i also have an issue with the number of players we play around 182cm thats not his fault but if we are going to play so any smalls he needs to perform his role very well that role to me is on the bottom of packs. that has been what he has always done well until recent yrs.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1252 on: March 31, 2015, 01:01:52 PM »
One of the banes of our existence
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1253 on: March 31, 2015, 10:38:05 PM »
Just reported on SEN that Wallace announced at this morning's training session that Nathn Foley has been elevated to the senior list and will play against the demons.

Bowden also trained well and is also set to take his place in the line up.

Foley is coming in for Tambling.

Good luck to the youngster.

Ten years ago, Willy.

Should have cut our costs and invested elsewhere.

Tried to tell u.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1254 on: April 24, 2015, 01:20:42 PM »
Foley on track
richmondfc.com.au 
April 24, 2015

Foley, who has been plagued with injuries over the past few years, has recovered fully from the minor foot surgery (a plantar fascia release) that he underwent on the eve of the 2015 season.

“It’s 100% . . . it’s fantastic, so I’m glad I had the ‘op’, otherwise it was probably going to be something that was going to linger all year.  So, (it was a) good decision in the end,” Foley said on this week’s edition of ‘Talking Tigers’.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-24/foley-on-track

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1255 on: April 24, 2015, 10:37:31 PM »
Waste of time Foley.

Another mistake, a kid could be on the list and another for Newman.. Pathetic.
Go Tigers!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1256 on: May 18, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »
The medical management of this guy is a farce.  He spoke at the prematch function and said he injured his knee in the VFL the other week.  He described a knee that locked. That means he has a torn meniscus (cartilage) and that doesn't get better without an arthroscopy.

So my question is why hasn't he had the surgery yet? Walking around with this just aggravates the injury.

What is going on down there?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1257 on: May 18, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
Y&BB, the RFC medical team must've graduated from the same medical school that trained the Drs that sent Clay Smith back on to the field

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1258 on: May 18, 2015, 01:29:49 PM »
Hopefully the medical & fitness staff will all follow Hardwick & the list managers out the door.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1259 on: May 18, 2015, 10:59:37 PM »
The medical management of this guy is a farce.  He spoke at the prematch function and said he injured his knee in the VFL the other week.  He described a knee that locked. That means he has a torn meniscus (cartilage) and that doesn't get better without an arthroscopy.

So my question is why hasn't he had the surgery yet? Walking around with this just aggravates the injury.

What is going on down there?

Sorry but I'm going to call you out on that. Yes that could be the case but a locked knee does not always mean torn meniscus