Author Topic: Richmond interested in hiring Dean Bailey as senior assistant to Hardwick [merged]  (Read 16949 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Bailey turns to Richmond
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »
Now consdering Kim Hangdorn record of late with these "breaking news stories" is pathetic to say the least (Craig to the Blues yesterday ::)  ;D) I really can't take this seriously

Though I must say I wouldn't have a problem with Bailey, he is a solid assistant coach and by all reports a good development coach. Was out of his depth as a senior coach (not helped by a lack of support at the top level) but had a good repuatation at Port in their premiership year.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »
It was mentioned on SEN as well.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »

Though I must say I wouldn't have a problem with Bailey, he is a solid assistant coach and by all reports a good development coach. Was out of his depth as a senior coach (not helped by a lack of support at the top level) but had a good repuatation at Port in their premiership year.

I agree. Not everyone is cut out to be a senior coach but that doesn't mean there not a good right hand man/senior assistant though.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »
Exactly some men are more comfortable calling the shots from the back rather than being the face of the club and having all the focus on them.
It would seem Bailey is one of those people.
Furthermore the stability we have at the club right now will help him based on the shambles he was forced to work with for so long at the Ski Chalet.

gerkin greg

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2011, 01:06:31 PM »
He-she Hagdorn the Premature has a shocking record so wont be surprised if it is announced this afternoon that Bailey has signed with the NSW Swifts.

Bailey was assistant at Port from 2002-2007:

2002 minor premiers
2003 minor premiers
2004 premiers
2005 6th
2006 12th
2007 runner up

2002-2004 they won more games than the great Brisbane side.

It's his own fault he got assed from the Dees, but would have been interesting to see what he could have achieved if he hadn't allowed his hands to get tied to the bedposts.

Skills as an assistant nothing to sneeze at though, even if I feel underwhelmed. Wouldn't be the worst appointment.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 01:08:37 PM »
Yep Kim Hagdorn mates with Mark Aiston.
He knows all about little things.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Did Caro just say Bailey could end up at Richmond as one of his options open to him?

She mentioned Port and GWS as Bailey has connections at both those clubs and in the middle chucked our name in there.
Bump.

Caro mentioned two months ago we were interested in Bailey so the SNF article may have some legs.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 01:29:30 PM »
Now consdering Kim Hangdorn record of late with these "breaking news stories" is pathetic to say the least (Craig to the Blues yesterday ::)  ;D) I really can't take this seriously

I don't think they got a thing right yet.

That website is alot like our own jackstar ! just guessing, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
If this happens, then i'd sack Craig Cameron, for continuing to bring the junk from melbourne.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Hellenic Tiger

In Caro's case when you are wrong 99.99999999% of the time you are right 0.00000001% of the time. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
In Caro's case when you are wrong 99.99999999% of the time you are right 0.00000001% of the time. :lol :rollin :lol
Even the broken clock is right twice a day  ;)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
seriously i hope this is some kind of sick joke. Bailey WTF Rubbish

I dont give a toss about Port, people connecting Port's success with Bailey is quite funny. There were many assistants over there plus a guy called Choco and a descent list which made Port a success.

He was very good at nothing whilst he was at Melbourne. Good players went backwards under him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
He was very good at nothing whilst he was at Melbourne. Good players went backwards under him.

"Good players went backwards" please name them  ;D And BTW I know one player who improved remarkably under his coaching - Jamar  ;D

Seriously though in fairness to him he was told to tank and he did that well  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »
just guessing, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

:jump

:thatsgold

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
seriously i hope this is some kind of sick joke. Bailey WTF Rubbish

I dont give a toss about Port, people connecting Port's success with Bailey is quite funny. There were many assistants over there plus a guy called Choco and a descent list which made Port a success.

lol.... Gee you post some crap! It was only a couple of months ago you were saying how Baily out coaches Hardwick and how tactically superior he is to us :lol I often wonder if your not a goldfish?? :rollin