Author Topic: Richmond interested in hiring Dean Bailey as senior assistant to Hardwick [merged]  (Read 16948 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
He was very good at nothing whilst he was at Melbourne. Good players went backwards under him.

"Good players went backwards" please name them  ;D And BTW I know one player who improved remarkably under his coaching - Jamar  ;D

Seriously though in fairness to him he was told to tank and he did that well  :thumbsup

Look at he whole list under Bailey not one player. How was Jamar's year last year.  Davey, Sylvia, Jurrah, Captain Green, Morton, Rivers, Newton all gone backwards in a big way.

Its my opinion but i dont want anything to do with him. Cameron can keep searching for another unemployed ex demon for us to hire.

Neeld will walk in there and bring this team inside the 8. Bailey it seems was a very dull and uninspiring coach.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
He was very good at nothing whilst he was at Melbourne. Good players went backwards under him.
How was Jamar's year last year. 

Funny, I remember last year a chat around Trade Week we did with Blair Hartley people were constantly saying "go and get us a Mark Jamar".

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:24:59 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Look at he whole list under Bailey not one player. How was Jamar's year last year.  Davey, Sylvia, Jurrah, Captain Green, Morton, Rivers, Newton all gone backwards in a big way.

Jamar had a very good 2011; missed games due to injury. Did you miss his work tap work to  Maloney  ;D Struth if only our mids got fed like that

And are you saying all the players yuo've listed are "good players"  :o  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Some coaches are very good assistances and arent quite cut out to be the senior coach - I suspect Bailey is one of those blokes.

PS: He was rated very high by the football world before falling from grace this year.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
I have never coached, or been an assistant coach at any level of football but I have opinions, and here they are!  If he can help us whip them bastards next year, and there are no better options, get him.
Lots of people name their swords......

Jackstar is back again

"Good players went backwards" please name them  ;D And BTW I know one player who improved remarkably under his coaching - Jamar  ;D

Seriously though in fairness to him he was told to tank and he did that well  :thumbsup

Bate and Warnock for starters went backwards BIG TIME

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I just want to point out that Craig the guy everyone wanted in favor of Bailey also coached a team and was sacked this year. In that team dangerfield taylor And Tippett his best 3 young players all went backwards this year big time.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bailey turns to Richmond
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
Yep, said it from the start, I would have him at the club, without a doubt..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »
...take out the fact that his last year was a shambles, prior to that he was well respected/regarded and considered a good teacher of the young guys...not sure what he would bring game day/tactically but his record whilst being assistant is solid (mind you he has a junk record as a head coach so that might debunk my theory....think I'm arguing with and trying to convince myself....hmmmmm - not sure if this would be a good appointment or not damn it!!)

hoping the "some people are meant to be assistant coaches not head coaches" notion is correct...
...the fighting fury...

tony_montana

I didnt mind this when it was first tabled. The guys was a very good assistant and basically did what he was told to do with the Dees, got reamed. When this guys speaks you can tell he is switched on.

I like what Dimma is doing, he is surrounding himself with assistants he has had a previous working relationship with, guys who likely share similar football philosophies - you need chemistry in the coaches box.

10 FLAGS

I didnt mind this when it was first tabled. The guys was a very good assistant and basically did what he was told to do with the Dees, got reamed. When this guys speaks you can tell he is switched on.

I like what Dimma is doing, he is surrounding himself with assistants he has had a previous working relationship with, guys who likely share similar football philosophies - you need chemistry in the coaches box.

Agree. Bailey did a good job for Melbourne and then they knifed him. He is switched on and If Hardwick wants him in then we should give him the job.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2011, 10:48:03 PM »
Something stinks down at Melbourne.

Serious culture issues. No leadership.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Jamar had a very good 2011; missed games due to injury. Did you miss his work tap work to  Maloney  ;D Struth if only our mids got fed like that

And are you saying all the players yuo've listed are "good players"  :o  ;D

agree Jamar had a good 2011 and i never said those guys were good players. All i said is they went backwards under his leadership. Thats my opinion

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
agree Jamar had a good 2011 and i never said those guys were good players. All i said is they went backwards under his leadership. Thats my opinion

Hold on be accountable for what you wrote rather changing the goal post to suit your agrument   ;D

You wrote:

I asked you to name :

You answered by naming a host of players:

ANd now your saying they aren't good players

So does Melb actually have any good players that Bailey sent backwards and if they do who are they  :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Put your glasses on WP and stop reading what you want to read.

You asked for names i delivered

End of story

Geez and you hang it on Jack.