Author Topic: Richmond interested in hiring Dean Bailey as senior assistant to Hardwick [merged]  (Read 16924 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dean Bailey weighs up offers

by: Matt Windley
    October 04, 2011 11:07AM

FORMER Melbourne coach Dean Bailey expects to be back working at an AFL club by the end of the week.

Bailey, who was sacked by the Demons in July this year after they were thumped by Geelong, said he'd had several offers, believed to be for senior assistant coaching roles.

There's speculation he could end up at Richmond along side Damien Hardwick, or Port Adelaide, where he would assist senior coach Matthew Primus.

Bailey said he was yet to make a decision.

"I’m still sitting there talking to some clubs, I won’t deny that," Bailey said on SEN.

"But the decision I’ve got to make is one that will challenge me as a coach.

"I've got a couple of options, which I'm really fortunate to have.

"Hopefully by the next two or three days I'll be able to get back into a club environment.

"I've been sitting on my bum for nine weeks and I'm driving my wife and kids mad.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dean-bailey-weighs-up-offers/story-e6frf9jf-1226157902841

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Say we don't get Bailey, who would the Tigers look at next to take up a senior assistant role to Hardwick?

For the record, I expect he will join us in the next couple of days.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
I know most of this stuff is speculation but why would we even consider a bloke that has just been sacked from a club that has proformed worse than ours over his time, to be our director of coaching!
Am i missing something?
If we get this fool, i will be sick!!!
Collingwood get Eade (sacked i know) who has coached in a grand final and 3 other prelims, and we consider Bailey! and we wonder why we are shyt.
I know we don't have any balls, but why don't we go out there and get somebody outstanding.
Essendon did it last year and Melbourne have done it this year. Yet we consider Bailey!
Gary Ayres would be better than Bailey
Just my opinion....

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Bailey's history is totally different to Eade's. The teams they were coaching were chalk and cheese compared to one another with different needs and challenges.

Also, Bailey had a very good reputation as an assistant coach. Perhaps he was not as good being the head man. You can be a brilliant Indian without the capacity for being an outstanding Chief.

Horses for courses. I wouldn't write Bailey off on the back of his Melbourne experience. Hardwick has worked with him, Craig Cameron hired him at Melbourne. We should have a fair understanding of his strengths and weaknesses. (Did Hardwick play with him also? Must have.)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
He will be a senior assistant, not director of coaching.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
I know most of this stuff is speculation but why would we even consider a bloke that has just been sacked from a club that has proformed worse than ours over his time, to be our director of coaching!
Am i missing something?
If we get this fool, i will be sick!!!
Collingwood get Eade (sacked i know) who has coached in a grand final and 3 other prelims, and we consider Bailey! and we wonder why we are shyt.
I know we don't have any balls, but why don't we go out there and get somebody outstanding.
Essendon did it last year and Melbourne have done it this year. Yet we consider Bailey!
Gary Ayres would be better than Bailey
Just my opinion....

Pretty sure were getting Bailey as a senior assistant, not as a director of coaching?  Bailey has a fine record as an assistant coach and I have no issue with him joining our ranks. Sacked or not his record at Melbourne wasn't great but he wasn't pulling all the strings either and was coaching to how he was told not how he wanted.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
He will be a senior assistant, not director of coaching.

Correct he said in SEN this morning the job offers he has are for senior assistant roles not director of coaching

:thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

Why dont they just employ us in here to do this role. We can share it on a weekly basis and conduct all our meetings online  :lol

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
If we are going for Dean Bailey then we do not have the right people making decisions at out club and we will go backwards. Dean Bailey is a liability, he has nearly single-handedly killed the Melbourne list. We should be aiming to attract Geelong, Collingwood, Hawks or West Coast Assistant and support staff.

I will not support Brendan Gale or Craig Cameron if this "apparent" deal goes through, it is a mistake and will hurt us subtley for years to come.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

tony_montana

If we are going for Dean Bailey then we do not have the right people making decisions at out club and we will go backwards. Dean Bailey is a liability, he has nearly single-handedly killed the Melbourne list. We should be aiming to attract Geelong, Collingwood, Hawks or West Coast Assistant and support staff.

I will not support Brendan Gale or Craig Cameron if this "apparent" deal goes through, it is a mistake and will hurt us subtley for years to come.

Youre safe Rodge, he joined the crows.

Not sure what hes done to the Melbourne list though? they are loaded with some serious talent

Jackstar is back again

Roger.goin backwards. We have been for the past 10 years, nothing will change when we chase fools

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame

Roger.goin backwards. We have been for the past 10 years, nothing will change when we chase fools

another pot shot.  :sleep

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.

Youre safe Rodge, he joined the crows.

Not sure what hes done to the Melbourne list though? they are loaded with some serious talent

Yes of course they are, they could be as good as Geelong. That side should have made the 8 easily this year, should have finished 5 or 6th. believe me they are good enough to do that. Why do you think Melbourne were so desperate to off load him, stuff he was killing them.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Another Whackety whack Jack this time for no reason it seems

He's gone to Adel

get with the program  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

Another Whackety whack Jack this time for no reason it seems

He's gone to Adel

get with the program  ;D

I am with the program. ;)
Tiges offered this bloke the ""world "" , why may I ask ?
Ruined Melbourne. yet another job for the boys in the AFL. :banghead
We really need to look outside the square instead of chasing DUDS!
Why dont we look at other sports? Considering the smarter coaches in the AFL have "'stolen"' aspects of soccer in regards to defensive game plans etc.