Author Topic: Tigers vs Swans game thread  (Read 6689 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Swans game thread
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
The bookies have us a clear underdogs again not surprisingly but does anyone here give us a chance given we beat the Swans at the 'G this time last year?

Richmond    $3.30
Sydney       $1.30

Source: TABsportsbet

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Swans game thread
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
I think we can beat them! I thought we played/ battled ok against the Weagles!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »
It means that that little bit extra to the swans given last weeks result and their run home for finals.
We have a good chance, but the swans will be hungry from the start.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
AFL site has us getting done by 7 goals  :-\.

SUMMARY
Richmond's losing run reached six games on Sunday, when it suffered a 57-point defeat to West Coast in Perth. After a reasonably positive start to the season, with four wins and a draw from their opening nine games, the Tigers have won only once since. Their last victory came against the Brisbane Lions on June 18, dropping them to 14th on the ladder. Despite that, coach Damien Hardwick had this to say after the loss to the Eagles.

"The one thing I'll say about our guys is their morale is very, very good," he said. "They're a great group. They keep bouncing back and they know we're moving forward.

"The win-loss column might not say that, but there are a number of other factors we look at that are going in the right direction.

"We've just got to wait for our group to mature and get bigger bodies and go forward from there."

Taking on the Sydney Swans is not the ideal task when you're waiting for your players' bodies to mature. Renowned for their toughness and physicality, the Swans will be confident of re-igniting their finals push against Richmond. They have lost five of their past seven games to sit precariously in seventh place, level on points with eighth-placed Essendon and just two points above Fremantle. Coming off a one-point loss to the Bombers, the Swans will be fired up to claim four points in just their second trip to the MCG this season.

QUESTION MARKS
Will Richmond finally put together a four-quarter performance to snap its losing streak? The Tigers have been competitive in games, including against West Coast last weekend, but lapses in concentration and effort resulted in heavy defeats.

How will the Swans respond to their loss to Essendon? In one of the games of the season, the Swans led by two goals with four minutes remaining, but allowed the Bombers to storm home and place the Swans' top-eight place in jeopardy. Has their confidence taken a hit or will they be driven to redemption?

PREDICTION
Sydney Swans by 42 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/120590/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
Now I am scared....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-clash-a-final-for-swans-says-forward-ryan-okeefe/story-e6frf9jf-1226112370424

No need to be scared WAT. Who cares what the Swans think or how they are planning - wont make one iota of difference or it shouldn't

It's just another game

I will go, watch and not get upset or worked up in any way and just have a good day at the footy. Been doing it for the last 6 or so weeks and it's working a treat  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
The Swans are already finding it hard to get up for this game so have resorted to calling it a finals game.

They'll come out flat as a tack, Grigg will destroy Goodes, Rance will cane Sam Reid and Riewoldt and Vickery will combine for 13 goals.

Tigers by 76  ;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
Now I am scared....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-clash-a-final-for-swans-says-forward-ryan-okeefe/story-e6frf9jf-1226112370424

No need to be scared WAT. Who cares what the Swans think or how they are planning - wont make one iota of difference or it shouldn't

It's just another game

I will go, watch and not get upset or worked up in any way and just have a good day at the footy. Been doing it for the last 6 or so weeks and it's working a treat  :thumbsup

:lol.....You must need therapy at he end of each season WP..

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
In-Post, Webberley
Out-Mcguane, Farmer

That's about it I think  8)

Would love to see Post at CHB really hitting some form over the last 4 games. Will give us alot to look forward to with Rance looking the goods at FB and Grimes and Astbury back next season. 2 of Thursfield, Mcguane, Gourdis and Moore will go. Thursfield has been pretty good after his shocker return game against Carlton. I've always liked him as a 3rd tall and he's probably ahead of the other 3 to keep his spot after his great job on LeCras. I'd prefer to see Gourdis and Moore delisted of the 4. Moore has dodgy hips and is 28 at the start of next season.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:33:15 PM by MADTIGER2010 »

Ox

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 07:49:53 PM »
too cold for Post.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
too cold for Post.

Long sleeves will do the trick.
The future defence:

fb batchelor rance newman
hb grimes post deledio

:cheers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »
In-Post, Webberley
Out-Mcguane, Farmer

That's about it I think  8)

Would love to see Post at CHB really hitting some form over the last 4 games. Will give us alot to look forward to with Rance looking the goods at FB and Grimes and Astbury back next season. 2 of Thursfield, Mcguane, Gourdis and Moore will go. Thursfield has been pretty good after his shocker return game against Carlton. I've always liked him as a 3rd tall and he's probably ahead of the other 3 to keep his spot after his great job on LeCras. I'd prefer to see Gourdis and Moore delisted of the 4. Moore has dodgy hips and is 28 at the start of next season.

I will ask again, WHEN did Post actually "hit some form"?????????

Moore will not go, you need to get over that.

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 08:51:53 PM »
:lol.....You must need therapy at he end of each season WP..

No need for therapy WAT

Nice family holiday planned for October that's all I'll need to recharge and re-boot for next season  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)