Author Topic: Richmond to train in Arizona with academy Athletes’ Performance [merged]  (Read 25762 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond to train in Arizona with academy Athletes’ Performance [merged]
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
yep they were wp, but its 2011 now man not 1984 :o

Yeah  I know - be lucky to get from Kingsville to Seddon on push bike let alone Skinner reserve  ;D :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »
I was wating for big richos qualified response on this, clearly sports science a genuine strength of his ::)...if it was up to BR we'd spend a week at Skinner reserve, there's been a few developments in this area post the war my friend :lol

Don't need my response, I'll defer to the team that has won 3 of the last 5 flags.

But who are Geelong to know what is and what isn't important in the quest for AFL success, compared to great minds such as yourself.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
Thanks, Dwaino.  :thumbsup

In that case this all sounds like a huge waste of cash.

Surely we have similar facilities here and if it is a case of learning programs  then surely we could bring the experts to us, rather than paying for an entire footy team to travel there?

Hornsby refers in his interview to the Athletes Performance deal.
The trip to Arizona follows on from the four day conference they held at Punt Road for Sport Training proffesionals from which our staff got some benefit.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »
I was wating for big richos qualified response on this, clearly sports science a genuine strength of his ::)...if it was up to BR we'd spend a week at Skinner reserve, there's been a few developments in this area post the war my friend :lol

Don't need my response, I'll defer to the team that has won 3 of the last 5 flags.

But who are Geelong to know what is and what isn't important in the quest for AFL success, compared to great minds such as yourself.

can tell you some of the staff that are actually paid to go to Arizona dont even support Richmond. ;)

Couldnt believe when i saw that some of the staff down at Punt Road are actually Essendon/Carlton members

Waste of money IMO

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 08:30:55 AM »

can tell you some of the staff that are actually paid to go to Arizona dont even support Richmond. ;)

Couldnt believe when i saw that some of the staff down at Punt Road are actually Essendon/Carlton members

Waste of money IMO
We are that intimidating and such a powerhouse that we are being infiltrated by the enemy!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »

Waste of money IMO
We are that intimidating and such a powerhouse that we are being infiltrated by the enemy!

intimidating..lol i know your taking the pee.

I dont think its funny that employees down at punt road are flashing other clubs memberships around.

Some people dont care but i actually think its very odd to say the least, especially as we are using the clubs money to send a few over to Arizona

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2011, 11:48:19 AM »

Waste of money IMO
I dont have an issue with employees following other clubs. Its a fact of life now that clubs employ so many people. I do have an issue with the employees declaring that they follow other clubs by 'flashing around their membership'.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »

Waste of money IMO
I dont have an issue with employees following other clubs. Its a fact of life now that clubs employ so many people. I do have an issue with the employees declaring that they follow other clubs by 'flashing around their membership'.

well thats exactly what happened

makes it worse that they are  2 clubs that i hate more than any other

2 clowns we are sending to Arizona and throwing 20-40k down the drain

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »

Waste of money IMO

would you be happier then if we restricted prospective candidates for any roles down at richmond to members of the cheer squad only :lol...Now Ive heard it all
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

Waste of money IMO

would you be happier then if we restricted prospective candidates for any roles down at richmond to members of the cheer squad only :lol...Now Ive heard it all

if you think opening your wallet and boasting how you don't even barrack for Richmond is professional and would be accepted by Gale then you are deluded my friend.

These arent the type of people i would want to be sending to Arizona and wasting the clubs money

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »

Waste of money IMO

Correct

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
Jack whats your take on this? How did you feel working for other clubs whilst being a member of Richmond?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
Jack whats your take on this? How did you feel working for other clubs whilst being a member of Richmond?

Felt really odd, especially when we played against Richmond.
I suppose if you didnt work for the club you barracked for firstly, it would be too bad.
In my case I did, so felt very odd.
Can tell you that John Hook who was General Manager at Hawthorn for 25 years barracked for Richmond and came across and worked in recruiting at Punt Rd in 2004.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:02:44 PM by Jackstar is back again »

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
hmm is interesting, strange that they would flaunt their support...really goes againt the grain considering they are rivals after all. if I had anything to do with it they'd be on first warning, this may sound kinda crazy but it may be termed something like conflict of interest ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »
as long as they do their job properly, who gives a flying eff who they barrack for?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI