Author Topic: The ferals have won.  (Read 17248 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: The ferals have won.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
I rarely see MT post now days either.
Just been busy Stripes so free time on the forum is spent mostly as a mod. Plus this time of the footy year drags on a little bit with our season long over. I don't get too excited by late season wins. I'll be more interested in the trade/draft period as that's more crucial to our future  :thumbsup. We always seem better as a side during the offseason when there's no onfield reality to face ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »
Hope always springs eternal when he look towards the trade period and then the draft. Gets us out to November. Does anybody know if the practice game between us and Essendon overseas is gonna happen?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:10 PM »
Hope always springs eternal when he look towards the trade period and then the draft. Gets us out to November. Does anybody know if the practice game between us and Essendon overseas is gonna happen?
I think it's still on but not 100% sure.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 12:46:57 AM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »
:lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »
Some interesting feedback on this thread  :thumbsup

:lol

LMAO that a few people think this site has gone downhill from such 'gentlemanly' high standards....

Last time I looked at the posting guidelines thread, there's been only one 'tone it down' communal post from the mods in the last 15 months. This compares to 7 in 2007 alone, 3 in 2008 and 2 in 2010.....

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=3581.0

Firstly there have been a number of reminders in other threads outside the one you've highlighted DD about the crude "schoolyard tiolet" humour

On top of that we have dealt directly with a number of people over this issue  ;)

But that aside as i said originally some interesting feedback on this thread  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:22 PM »
Ever since I have been here there's been plenty of reminders about posting within the rules. Posters playing up a bit didn't start this year like 1965 has basically said. Personally, I think 65 only disliked us because Gerks made him look like a muppet at one stage last year. Have a look ;D http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=10401.msg203156#msg203156

That is the first time old Gerkin came in contact with 65. Interesting to note that 65 broke a rule too ;D

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 06:19:07 PM »
At the end of the day, many on this forum will sleep safer tonight....

I think there's something in that for all of us.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »
I guess if you are constantly correcting people's speilling and grandma, your kinda going to make yourself a bit of a target. In 65's case, the microbes began to take over the microscope and he was clean out of Glen20.

FNM

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »
The nature of this site as changed too much for my likings.
The nature of this site "has" changed I'd suggest
For those that have been picked on for their speiling and grandma as Tiga has suggested would find this amusing, that even the most pedantic can make a mistake or two  ;D

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 12:23:11 PM »
The nature of this site as changed too much for my likings.
The nature of this site "has" changed I'd suggest
For those that have been picked on for their speiling and grandma as Tiga has suggested would find this amusing, that even the most pedantic can make a mistake or two  ;D

I get picked on  for being Tasmanian and I don't even live there anymore ??? ??? :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »
Yep, this thread certainly hasn't gone the way 65 wanted it to go. Thank Geez he's gawnski.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:08:17 PM by one-eyed »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
Yep, this thread certainly hasn't gone the way 65 wanted it to go. Thank Geez he's gawnski.

Thank god for this quote button  ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:08:43 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »
;)

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 03:56:18 PM »
Agreed 1965.

It's the reason I exited PRE a few years ago, and it's the reason I don't put much store in online forums anymore. They have become places for morons to vent their ill-educated spleens and pump themselves up.

Lighten up FFS. Do you leave the footy because someone next to you is talking crap? I have been on OER for over 6 years and love this place. I like the mix of footy discussion, heated debate, humourous responses and the good mix of footy and non footy related threads.
I like the fact that people are allowed to express themselves and vent their frustrations unlike at Stalag Pie Van where you get taken to "Ze Cooler" for questioning anyone's opinions. IMO Personal insults are dealt with well by our Mods and plenty of snipping goes on to keep some sense of social order.

Anyway if you are going to leave, then leave. Just don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Fair go. I'm agreeing with the sentiment that a rabid few often spoil sites like this. It becomes difficult to care about online commentary/discussion/debate when some posters are hell-bent on negativity, often not based on much at all, especially intellect.

Tell me, in what "discussion forum" other than an anonymous internet one would you have the guts to repeat a sentence like your last?

A case in point!