Author Topic: The ferals have won.  (Read 17145 times)

The ferals have won.
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
Dear all

Well the ferals have indeed won.

The nature of this site as changed too much for my likings.

I am going on a self-enforced sabbitical.

I have enjoyed the last five years.

'65

Mods, this post breaks none of your "rules" so you should be able to leave it up.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The ferals have won.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »
I have to say that I find myself less interested in posting on the site than I have in years. Seems less informed debate going on and more attempts at crude humour and negative rants. Plenty of threads filled with pointless character assassination, personal insults and smutty jokes rather than discussion about the club I rarely see MT post now days either. Not sure what exactly has happened but I share your concern 1965.

I hope it changes but I'm not confident.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:58 AM »
Bye, you won't be missed. You added nothing to this site in terms of football discussion. You posts were not funny, your jokes sucked. You posted more on politics then football

Stripes, this site has always had negative rants, personal insults and smutty jokes at times. I have seen some of the most negative Richmond rants take place on here but IDGAF. Everyone is entilted to their opinion. That is what's great about this place.....you don't get your posts edited for saying a player is a bit "soft" or when you say Craig Cameron is a dud ;D People don't have to kiss ass and talk up the club just because some others do. If they're repetitive with their bagging then it's pretty effing annoying but it is their right to post that way.

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:32:14 AM »
Agreed 1965.

It's the reason I exited PRE a few years ago, and it's the reason I don't put much store in online forums anymore. They have become places for morons to vent their ill-educated spleens and pump themselves up.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 10:53:27 AM »
Your tearing me apart, what will we do without your humorless miserable presence to cheer us up with your constant chides ?
The attempt by a little spiteful group of you to 'haunt' us has been the truly childish antics and this melodramatic flourish just makes me think your a teenage girl who watches too much stuffing vampire soap.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:59:22 AM »
Agreed 1965.

It's the reason I exited PRE a few years ago, and it's the reason I don't put much store in online forums anymore. They have become places for morons to vent their ill-educated spleens and pump themselves up.

Lighten up FFS. Do you leave the footy because someone next to you is talking crap? I have been on OER for over 6 years and love this place. I like the mix of footy discussion, heated debate, humourous responses and the good mix of footy and non footy related threads.
I like the fact that people are allowed to express themselves and vent their frustrations unlike at Stalag Pie Van where you get taken to "Ze Cooler" for questioning anyone's opinions. IMO Personal insults are dealt with well by our Mods and plenty of snipping goes on to keep some sense of social order.

Anyway if you are going to leave, then leave. Just don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

FNM

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
Close the door on your way out

FNM

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »
Did 1965 ever think that maybe some don't post because of him  ;)
Broaden those shoulders, Pet!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
Who is this guy?

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »

Once last visit while I work out how to delete my account.

Tell you one thing though, my wife will be happy.

:lol

FNM

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »

Tell you one thing though, my wife will be happy.

I doubt that!
 :help

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »

The nature of this site as changed too much for my likings.

Correction, 'liking'.

But I'm sure we'll all miss your attempts to play god.  ::)

Love from the aetheists.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
I agree with 1965, standard of a lot of the posts are absolute rubbish, a lot of crudeness, not a lot of humour. Bit of a shame really, a lot of hard work has gone in to making this site more pleasant to visit than big footy

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »

LMAO that a few people think this site has gone downhill from such 'gentlemanly' high standards....

Last time I looked at the posting guidelines thread, there's been only one 'tone it down' communal post from the mods in the last 15 months. This compares to 7 in 2007 alone, 3 in 2008 and 2 in 2010.....

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=3581.0

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »

LMAO that a few people think this site has gone downhill from such 'gentlemanly' high standards....

Last time I looked at the posting guidelines thread, there's been only one 'tone it down' communal post from the mods in the last 15 months. This compares to 7 in 2007 alone, 3 in 2008 and 2 in 2010.....

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=3581.0

Look at you go! the Stats Guru..... ;D