Author Topic: The ferals have won.  (Read 17255 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: The ferals have won.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »
Agreed 1965.

It's the reason I exited PRE a few years ago, and it's the reason I don't put much store in online forums anymore. They have become places for morons to vent their ill-educated spleens and pump themselves up.

Lighten up FFS. Do you leave the footy because someone next to you is talking crap? I have been on OER for over 6 years and love this place. I like the mix of footy discussion, heated debate, humourous responses and the good mix of footy and non footy related threads.
I like the fact that people are allowed to express themselves and vent their frustrations unlike at Stalag Pie Van where you get taken to "Ze Cooler" for questioning anyone's opinions. IMO Personal insults are dealt with well by our Mods and plenty of snipping goes on to keep some sense of social order.

Anyway if you are going to leave, then leave. Just don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Fair go. I'm agreeing with the sentiment that a rabid few often spoil sites like this. It becomes difficult to care about online commentary/discussion/debate when some posters are hell-bent on negativity, often not based on much at all, especially intellect.

Tell me, in what "discussion forum" other than an anonymous internet one would you have the guts to repeat a sentence like your last?

A case in point!

FooffooValve, (pauses to check the spelling of FooffooValve) If someone came to a party at my place, found that some of my guests were not to their liking and then decide to make a formal announcement to everyone about how they were leaving because the standard of my party was not to their liking, then damn straight I would tell them to their face exactly what I said to 65.

If I were into "Grand Exits" I'd rather go out and buy a complete collection of Jane Austin DVD's than listen to another internet forum "leaver" announcing their intentions to vacate the premises.
That sort of behaviour is soooo Windows Vista!

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 12:35:15 PM »
And if at your little soire, to properly extend the spurious analogy, two or three of your "guests" were behaving abominably, bad mouthing everyone, and trashing your joint, would you still tell those that choose to leave to not let the door hit them on the way out?? How high (or low) are your standards?

Let's not kid ourselves, these keyboard he-men are a blight on internet forums, and we all suffer because of them. Most sites tolerate them, for what reason I'm not sure. They are boring and rarely actually offer anything for debate or genuine discussion.

An ignore button would be great. Then you could ignore me and we'll all be happy.  ;D

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 01:51:33 PM »
I think this site has an excellent mix of serious footy discussion and light hearted stuff.

Yes everyone's opinion may not be yours and some of the humor might not appeal to you, but that is life. It's not that hard to skim past posts that don't float your boat.

There are quite a few posters here who I disagree with on almost everything but I think that makes for a better forum.

I have recently been placed on moderated posting at another site because I didn't rate a playe and made it well known. Didn't swear or be abusive, just posted my thoughts on him and was disciplined largely because he is a favorite of a few mods.

Personally I would much rather the approach of this forum.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »
And if at your little soire, to properly extend the spurious analogy, two or three of your "guests" were behaving abominably, bad mouthing everyone, and trashing your joint, would you still tell those that choose to leave to not let the door hit them on the way out?? How high (or low) are your standards?

Let's not kid ourselves, these keyboard he-men are a blight on internet forums, and we all suffer because of them. Most sites tolerate them, for what reason I'm not sure. They are boring and rarely actually offer anything for debate or genuine discussion.

An ignore button would be great. Then you could ignore me and we'll all be happy.  ;D
Firstly Foo, I don't ignore anyone and never will. Its the light and shade of this forum that makes it great. I also think that the Mods here do a fantastic job and anyone who has seriously gotten out of line has been truly dealt with. I've been on this forum long enough to see people come and go and some have been punted, and I personally have been involved in the odd fracas with a member or two but I just move on like the Roadrunner and the coyote do after a day of treading the dirt acme style. The key is to not take things too seriously and if someone taunts you, just don't react. Just like internet trolls, they thrive on reaction and hate it when their comments are ignored. I have come across many trolls in my time and I take personal enjoyment knowing that by my lack of reaction, they are seething inside.  have a look at this link, you might get a laugh out of it if you haven't already seen it and give you an insight as to who these keyboard he-men you mention really are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

Ox

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »

...and there you have it.....straight out of the FooFooValve,itself.........volumes of irony.
Take your pick.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »
Mods, Can we delete or lock this thread now that we know 1965 has returned John Farnham style as "God".  ::)

Him

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »
Mods, Can we delete or lock this thread now that we know 1965 has returned John Farnham style as "God".  ::)

Tiga, I remember you from a previous life.

You're one of the many who believes the crap that comes out of Tony Abbott.

:yep

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »

I remember you from your previous life. It goes to prove that the mortals reign, and God only exists in the hearts of the ill directed.

Good luck with your self annointed hand shandy's.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2011, 01:49:27 AM »
 Lmao great thread guys

Him

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2011, 05:58:55 AM »

I remember you from your previous life. It goes to prove that the mortals reign, and God only exists in the hearts of the ill directed.

Dubstep Dookie

Now what is that name all about then?

Dubstep is some form of electronic music I think and a Dookie well it's basically another word for crap.

Is that right?

:bow

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »
Dookie is a small town near Benalla.

It has/used to have an agricultural college there.

Riding out there by push bike seemed like a good idea at 2 one morning - luckily we couldn't find anything to ride.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
Lmao great thread guys

You have returned to some good poo chuckles ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »

SNAP! Don't you just love fishing with lures!  :rollin Lets reel him in boys, give him a kiss and then throw him back in.

God, you should know, there is another thread for political talk. Lets not taint this golden thread with such drivel and treat it with the respect it deserves.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
Harden up '65.

There's a couple of Hamish & Andy wannabe's on here :lol but overall it's an excellent site.

Might as well take the opportunity to praise the mods for the fine job they do keeping Tiger fans informed.
Best site for Richmond info on the web hands down. :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »
Boo Hoo- I'm leaving he site everyone!!!

I just had to make one final lunge for attention while hiding behind the wrong doings of others .Now i'm back but too gutless to call myself 1965 because even i can see how much of a idiot i would appear to be.

I'll even do "friendly" posts to those who are attacking me because im a pathetic and spineless lagging rat dog.