Author Topic: Jackson Has to be Traded/Delisted  (Read 35191 times)

tony_montana

Re: Jackson Has to be Traded/Delisted
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »
wow  so easy to score new contracts at punt rd. Dissapointing bc I was harbouring some hope that someone like sydney would come knocking but obviously they didnt. I dont care if hes a supposed tagger this bloke is a liability and we actually play worse with him does sweet FA

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
yeah was kinda hoping we could trade him out, im pretty certain his fleeting peak career form is now behind him, if there was any currency at all, we should have cashed in...I can only think that dimma rates his leadership :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline T_o_O

• Future Richmond star
  • Big Fish
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »
yeah was kinda hoping we could trade him out, im pretty certain his fleeting peak career form is now behind him, if there was any currency at all, we should have cashed in...I can only think that dimma rates his leadership :o

One can only hope that he agreed to terms on a moderate contract.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:18 PM »
wow  so easy to score new contracts at punt rd. Dissapointing bc I was harbouring some hope that someone like sydney would come knocking but obviously they didnt. I dont care if hes a supposed tagger this bloke is a liability and we actually play worse with him does sweet FA

tagger..LMFAO.

whats he actually tagged. Seriously :banghead :banghead

He is another Hislop. Big tough guy but does nothing when and thats when he gets the ball.

I put him in the same category as Hislop. They both are pathetic footballers.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2011, 06:53:46 AM »
From VossTiger on Y&B ...

"Dan told me directly he and the club have agreed to 2 years. So no water under the bridge. Deal is done."

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/community/topic/19857-jack-dyer-medal-2011/page__view__findpost__p__384416

"have agreed" likely means no pen has been put to paper bur I digrese and can only hope

Although not at all surprised still a very disappointing decision .... tough calls need to be made and sometimes you have to make tough calls regarding trading...seems we are still not prepared to make the tough calls....

I would g o as far as to say the last time the club really made a tough call trade wise was when they traded out Hogg for Broderick, M Gale & Dundas
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2011, 11:02:49 AM »
From VossTiger on Y&B ...

"Dan told me directly he and the club have agreed to 2 years. So no water under the bridge. Deal is done."

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/community/topic/19857-jack-dyer-medal-2011/page__view__findpost__p__384416

"have agreed" likely means no pen has been put to paper bur I digrese and can only hope

Although not at all surprised still a very disappointing decision .... tough calls need to be made and sometimes you have to make tough calls regarding trading...seems we are still not prepared to make the tough calls....

I would g o as far as to say the last time the club really made a tough call trade wise was when they traded out Hogg for Broderick, M Gale & Dundas

I'm honestly gutted, I really truely believed we would make these decisions.

I'm absolutely shattered.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »
Its not the end of the world mate. There's a good chance he wont be able to get a game next year. Its more important that we draft and trade well this year. I will be far more peeed if we pay overs for Ivan.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2011, 11:57:02 AM »
Its not the end of the world mate. There's a good chance he wont be able to get a game next year. Its more important that we draft and trade well this year. I will be far more peeed if we pay overs for Ivan.

I dunno getting Ivan I can understand there is a method behind the madness. Would be good to have someone properly compete in the ruck to give service to our developing players even if its only a B or C Grade standard. Maric takes a Graham or Browne spot.

Keeping Jackson takes development away from a Conca, Contin, Jakobi, any midfielder who would otherwise maybe get a game.

Jackson needs to pull his head in if he remains at the club. Get him away from the media, get him out of the leadership group and return to his tagging role and nothing else. Stop chasing the ball and trying to score goals and losing games off his own shoe.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2011, 12:00:43 PM »

Jackson needs to pull his head in if he remains at the club. Get him away from the media, get him out of the leadership group and return to his tagging role and nothing else. Stop chasing the ball and trying to score goals and losing games off his own shoe.

agreed.

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »
Keeping Jackson takes development away from a Conca, Contin, Jakobi, any midfielder who would otherwise maybe get a game.

I'm sorry, when did Jackson stop Conca from getting a game this year?

Contin? Jakobi? Yeh, let me know when they do something in the VFL first.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:26:49 PM by WilliamPowell »

10 FLAGS

« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
Jackson shouldnt be on Richmonds list infact he should have gone 3 years ago IMHO.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2011, 01:11:47 PM »
Couldnt tag a loaf of bread

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »
Wow the draft must really suck this year if we are prepared to keep Jackson on our list. The guy proved in that last match against North that we will never be able to rely on him in a pressure match. Also I am disappointed because apparently he knocked back our offer so it seems to me we must have given him a pay rise to stay for 2 years ...........

P.S. Did i read somewhere in this thread that Brad Lloyd quit the Dockers? Wow we need this guy he knows talent when he sees it.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »

I'm sorry, when did Jackson stop Conca from getting a game this year?

Contin? Jakobi? Yeh, let me know when they do something in the VFL first.

Edited to correct quote
Let me know when Jackson does something in the VFL.  :whistle
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:27:03 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
Is it just me or is everyone getting a little hysterical over something that A. hasn't been announced and B. Something that at this stage is still hear say  :shh :shh

If and when Danial Jackson does sign a new deal I am sure the club will release out a proper Presser within hours of it happening  but untill then lets hold on to our Chicken Crap and Memberships and wait to see what happens ;D ;D