Author Topic: Defending Daniel Jackson  (Read 3331 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Defending Daniel Jackson
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 05:06:12 PM »
He has signed a new deal  :gotigers

With GWS??!!  :pray :pray :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »
 ;D

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
This is one of the most entertaining days of OER i've experienced!
Lovely work, gents.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
Refrain from any criticism of Daniel Jackson.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »
Snip! stick to the topic ppl.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 05:45:37 PM »
LMAO why did my Almunia post get snipped

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 05:46:19 PM »
I love this football club no more than all of us on here but this is why Jackson cops it and rightly so.

- Kicking efficiency is below par. He can't kick, the game we play is foot-ball. If you can't kick you can't play. Simple as that. Watch any GF in the last 10 years and see how costly turnovers are via poor kicking.

- His decision making skills are below par. How many worm burning passes do we have to witness miss the target because a player doesn't know his limitations. One of the main reasons he can't kick is because he makes poor decisions and tries to hit targets that only A grade or elite playser can make. He is not one of those.

- He can't kick goals, especially when it matters. One of the biggest problems in 2010 was the reliance on Jack to kick a bag. This year it was shared and midfielders got in on the act. Dusty nearly kicked 40 goals and Cotchin was 20+. Jackson kicked 7 goals and 20 behinds. Unacceptable, that is VFL standard, in fact its lower than that. Below 50% accuracy is embarressing.

- He now chases possessions. Jackos best (if you call it that) footy is done when he plays a run with role. Jackson is no better than a Cameron Ling with a bad shoe. Ling played an important role in the Geelong era by negating players. If Jackson can keep his ego in check and become an expert in this role he may have a future at AFL level.

- His disciplinary record is shocking. Would be up there with Campbell Brown with most game missed through suspension in the last 3-5 years IMO. Whats the point of having a guy that can't play 22 games cause he loses his cool.

- Gives away stupid free kicks. See above. Cost us the game against North with a stupid free kick to Swallow. It was also dirty, it wasn't tough.

Combine all these ingredients together and stir and you get a effing rubbish footballer.

Here is one I prepared earlier:
Daniel Jackson.
Go Tigers!

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »
I love this football club no more than all of us on here but this is why Jackson cops it and rightly so.

- Kicking efficiency is below par. He can't kick, the game we play is foot-ball. If you can't kick you can't play. Simple as that. Watch any GF in the last 10 years and see how costly turnovers are via poor kicking.

- His decision making skills are below par. How many worm burning passes do we have to witness miss the target because a player doesn't know his limitations. One of the main reasons he can't kick is because he makes poor decisions and tries to hit targets that only A grade or elite playser can make. He is not one of those.

- He can't kick goals, especially when it matters. One of the biggest problems in 2010 was the reliance on Jack to kick a bag. This year it was shared and midfielders got in on the act. Dusty nearly kicked 40 goals and Cotchin was 20+. Jackson kicked 7 goals and 20 behinds. Unacceptable, that is VFL standard, in fact its lower than that. Below 50% accuracy is embarressing.

- He now chases possessions. Jackos best (if you call it that) footy is done when he plays a run with role. Jackson is no better than a Cameron Ling with a bad shoe. Ling played an important role in the Geelong era by negating players. If Jackson can keep his ego in check and become an expert in this role he may have a future at AFL level.

- His disciplinary record is shocking. Would be up there with Campbell Brown with most game missed through suspension in the last 3-5 years IMO. Whats the point of having a guy that can't play 22 games cause he loses his cool.

- Gives away stupid free kicks. See above. Cost us the game against North with a stupid free kick to Swallow. It was also dirty, it wasn't tough.

Combine all these ingredients together and stir and you get a effing rubbish footballer.

Here is one I prepared earlier:
Daniel Jackson.

Top Post Pope :thumbsup This sums him up perfectly.......

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »
Oh and Ronnie, no offence but while Jackson is not the worst player who has put on the yellow and black over the last 30 years, he sums up why we have been where we are for the last 30 years  ::)
I dont have have a problem with the kid, nor do I dislike him however he is rubbish of recent years and really needs to assess many facets of his game

Edit: remove quote
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:22:29 PM by one-eyed »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »
To play devil's advocate, I believe Jackson at his best would be our best option of the run-with role. I think he has it in him to be a valuable player for the club but unfortunately he hasn't up the scratch or a while now. My number one beef with Jackson though is his undisciplined free kicks. He constantly loses the plot and gives away stupid free kicks and 50m penalties. I'm a massive fan of getting more mongrel in the side but this is completely the wrong way to go about it.

Just in my opinion anyway.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
is ronnie b jackstars alter ego?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »
is ronnie b jackstars alter ego?

The day those two go head to head , will be a failure of all humanity.

God help us all

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 09:23:51 PM »
Jackson - well educated, very fit, strong - physically & mentally & character, a good leader at the club, plays for the jumper, puts his body on the line but has terrible skills especially kicking.  Awareness and footy smarts - very poor.  Has great potential to become a model, he has the stature and can strut.

Trade him if we can.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »
 :lol :rollin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
On the other hand, Dane Swan looked like a hack early on in his career, actually still kicks the ball like a refugee, anyway he went on to win a Brownlow...wooooooooohoooooooo, maybe Jacskon can win one too.