Author Topic: Membership 2012 - Roar Pride, Roar Passion, Roar Power  (Read 159889 times)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Membership 2012 - Roar Pride, Roar Passion, Roar Power
« Reply #345 on: January 04, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »
Wilbur is spot on, its a bit like WAT no excuse thread with one exception - tigers made a promise to its members - dont make promises you cant keep tiges.

Well get over it and stop whineing and whineing about it. Many tiger supporters have a habit of this  8)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #346 on: January 04, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »
I don't think that the RFC is saying it isn't their problem, just that the problem occurred with the mailhouse.

Do you think your client/customer has the right to abuse you WP when you go to the lengths you do to deliver things to them by a certain time and it doesn't happen?

Who is to say that the RFC isn't tearing the mailhouse a new one right now?

The RFC haven't really said anything other than excuses to be honest. An apology for the screw up would be a nice start, rather than buck passing and saying it's a problem at the mailhouse. I come back to who hired them? Lets be honest this isn't the first time this has happened .... 

Whether a customer has the right to abuse is not the issue; personally I don't condone people abusing for the sake of it but at the same time people have a right to be disappointed and to say they are not happy and are disappointed (granted they don't need to be abusive. 

I've certainly copped abuse form clients when I've promised things and haven't delivered on time. Don't like it but it is the nature of the beast and you wear it, they pay for a service they should be allowed to give you a whack  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2012, 04:51:50 AM »
Club Membership tallies - 04/01/2012

Collingwood  49,334
West Coast   41,066
Hawthorn     40,800
Essendon     29,269
Richmond     25,601
Geelong        23,731
Carlton         21,720
Melbourne    20,623
W.Bulldogs   18,229
North Melb   16,665
Port Adel     15,217
St Kilda       14,390
Sydney       12,200
Brisbane      11,202
Gold Coast    8,138
GWS             3,000

Adelaide have 985 new members
Fremantle - N/A

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »
The Ainter's numbers would be a real worry to them.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »
which numbers is that smokey? their membership numbers....or premiership tally?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
I don't think that the RFC is saying it isn't their problem, just that the problem occurred with the mailhouse.

Do you think your client/customer has the right to abuse you WP when you go to the lengths you do to deliver things to them by a certain time and it doesn't happen?

Who is to say that the RFC isn't tearing the mailhouse a new one right now?

The RFC haven't really said anything other than excuses to be honest. An apology for the screw up would be a nice start, rather than buck passing and saying it's a problem at the mailhouse. I come back to who hired them? Lets be honest this isn't the first time this has happened .... 

Whether a customer has the right to abuse is not the issue; personally I don't condone people abusing for the sake of it but at the same time people have a right to be disappointed and to say they are not happy and are disappointed (granted they don't need to be abusive. 

I've certainly copped abuse form clients when I've promised things and haven't delivered on time. Don't like it but it is the nature of the beast and you wear it, they pay for a service they should be allowed to give you a whack  ;D
I understand that, and have been on the receiving end of plenty of sprays when it has had nothing to do with me directly.

I agree the RFC should come out with a statement and apology to those members promised before Christmas that did not receive it. It's a shame, for mine though at least they are trying to get things into gear. Had it not been for the mailhouse stuffing up things would be rainbows and butterflies.

I'd like to know if the mailhouse chosen was a 'cheap' option, because if thats the case then they knew the risks and went with it, they should cop the whack on the chin. If it was a credible mailhouse that has been used by many top organisations well . . .  :rollin

Maybe next year they can learn from this and make all the childrens memberships a priority for Christmas. Personally, I don't mind when I receive my pack, as long as it's before round 1.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
An apology to those whom didnt recieve their packs in time is the bare minimum the club should do.

What sort of reaction have those who rang up to complain got?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
I wouldn't ring up and the whole deal isn't really about the
Membership(s) not turning up when 'promised'
It is about though the club moving forward and getting
everything as much as possible right, if it is not right then
take the steps to ensure it is rectified.
Own up and apologize if it involves the members 'remembering'
there is no club without them and we move along.
Finger pointing has got this club nowhere in 30+ years
and now it has to stop.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2012, 09:11:32 AM »
PS: apologies abt the formatting, getting used to phone
 ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »
which numbers is that smokey? their membership numbers....or premiership tally?

:lol

Both of course.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »

I understand that, and have been on the receiving end of plenty of sprays when it has had nothing to do with me directly.

I agree the RFC should come out with a statement and apology to those members promised before Christmas that did not receive it. It's a shame, for mine though at least they are trying to get things into gear. Had it not been for the mailhouse stuffing up things would be rainbows and butterflies.

I'd like to know if the mailhouse chosen was a 'cheap' option, because if thats the case then they knew the risks and went with it, they should cop the whack on the chin. If it was a credible mailhouse that has been used by many top organisations well . . .  :rollin

Maybe next year they can learn from this and make all the childrens memberships a priority for Christmas. Personally, I don't mind when I receive my pack, as long as it's before round 1.

Totally agree JVT.  As I've stated before, I couldn't give a stuff when mine arrives, as long as it's before the first game but when the club makes a marketing push for early sign-ups by promising pre-Christmas delivery and then don't deliver on that commitment then it makes it just that bit harder to market for the same membership the following year.  Not saying it would stop someone from joining but when the club is pushing for quick early numbers (for a number of valid reasons) then it definitely would impact that exercise.  An apology would go some way to rectifying that and preventing a less favourable outcome at this time next year.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
And get them right, 2 years in a row mine have been
Missing something.
Maybe they are 2 clever and realize I'll just pop in
and most probably buy something while there :cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2012, 10:16:38 AM »
And get them right, 2 years in a row mine have been
Missing something.
Maybe they are 2 clever and realize I'll just pop in
and most probably buy something while there :cheers

The old "captive audience" chestnut hey CUB.  Don't you hate it when they are most likely on the money!  :banghead

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »
renewed mine today   didnt want to leave it too late and miss out on a seat at Pattersons ( its happened before , thanks Ben Cousins loving eagles pricks )
 plus the usual player sponsorship which has nearly doubled in price since i started 4 years ago !!!
 lets hope thats enough coin for the club from me this year
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2012, 07:05:52 AM »
What sort of reaction have those who rang up to complain got?

They are very apologetic (extremely apologetic actually) but continue to blame the mailhouse & Aust Post  ;D.

I did point out that that's part of my issue.

We have the Club blaming the Mailhouse, the Mailhouse blaming Aust Post, Aust Post most probably throwing up their collective hands and saying "we are delivering as per the contract with the mailhouse". Someone needs to take responsibility for this mess rather than just going around in circles pointing fingers.

Was told to wait and see if everything shows up by today if not I have to ring then next Monday or Tuesday and we will move onto plan "B"  ;D   

BTW I didn't abuse just complained and renewed the "peanuts" in QLD for season 2012. So even when I complain they still get money out of me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)