Author Topic: Membership 2012 - Roar Pride, Roar Passion, Roar Power  (Read 159012 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Membership 2012 - Roar Pride, Roar Passion, Roar Power
« Reply #795 on: March 19, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »
Bombres supporters are dead set bleeding that they have fallen behind us. We should update our numbers at about 4.00pm again today just to stick the Knife right into those bludgers.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #796 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
Hope we sell between 300 and 500 per day for the next 10 days. We have to beat Carlton too. This will gaurantee 55,000 members this year. We could make it 60,000 by beating Collingwood the next week too :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #797 on: March 19, 2012, 11:15:03 AM »
The Bombers would be 45-50 k if they didn't have that reserved seat poo.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #798 on: March 19, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »
yeah, i wouldnt get too excited about getting more members than someone who effectively has a cap on memberships.

considering their base membership is $638 ($1645 for a family) they will be rolling in the membership funds.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #799 on: March 19, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »
yeah, i wouldnt get too excited about getting more members than someone who effectively has a cap on memberships.

considering their base membership is $638 ($1645 for a family) they will be rolling in the membership funds.

I just checked their membership prices. For a bombres membership including a reserve seat to all 11 home games the cost is $329. Our standard membership without a reserve seat is $185.00 when one of our supporters takes a reserve seat we not only match the bombers in terms of funds received but the amount we get is higher. This defence that some are putting up that Essendon memberships are completely different is a nonsense IMHO. We are infront of that brothel of an organisation and I urge our supporters to really stick the knife in by buying an RFC membership and make the Bomber supporters angrier than what they seem to be. The Tiger Army is on the march!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #800 on: March 19, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
Club Membership tallies - 19/03/2012

Collingwood     64,500
Hawthorn        51,811
West Coast     51,091
Richmond        42,261
Essendon        42,204 ........ official EFC poster on BF
Adelaide          41,910 ....... official AFC website tally (typo on BF had 42,910)
Carlton            37,790
Geelong           33,469
Port Adelaide    31,128
St Kilda            29,101
Melbourne        27,349
North Melb.      26,071
W.Bulldogs       24,301
Sydney            23,793
Brisbane          17,435
Gold Coast      10,088
GWS                 7,541

Fremantle  - N/A

AFL members - 53,951

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #801 on: March 19, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »

I just checked their membership prices. For a bombres membership including a reserve seat to all 11 home games the cost is $329. Our standard membership without a reserve seat is $185.00 when one of our supporters takes a reserve seat we not only match the bombers in terms of funds received but the amount we get is higher. This defence that some are putting up that Essendon memberships are completely different is a nonsense IMHO. We are infront of that brothel of an organisation and I urge our supporters to really stick the knife in by buying an RFC membership and make the Bomber supporters angrier than what they seem to be. The Tiger Army is on the march!
i was looking at the wrong page in terms of pricing.  :P was looking at the premium packages)

they do  only sell memberships with a reserved seat, so they are capped at the capacity of docklands.

getting excited over getting more members than a team that is capped is like getting excited over beating a one legged bloke in a foot race.

doesnt say much for those that cant beat the one legged bloke though.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #802 on: March 19, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »

i was looking at the wrong page in terms of pricing.  :P was looking at the premium packages)

they do  only sell memberships with a reserved seat, so they are capped at the capacity of docklands.

getting excited over getting more members than a team that is capped is like getting excited over beating a one legged bloke in a foot race.

doesnt say much for those that cant beat the one legged bloke though.

Who told them to cap their memberships - NO ONE! Its their fault! No one forced Essendon to sign a long lease at Docklands. Its their problem. Our problem is finding enough carriages for the Tiger Bandwagon ;D

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #803 on: March 19, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »
Don't think Essendons members are being limited by Etihad. Most of their home games at Etihad are against interstate teams. The big home games are at the G. If they buy a membership they can still go

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #804 on: March 19, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
Also means their members sign early so they don't lose the reserved seat, so the argument for can also be used against.

They appear popular due to massive numbers early but in essence the members don't have a choice if they want to keep their seats.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #805 on: March 19, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »
My understanding regarding the Bumblings is that they are not capping their numbers as such what they are doing is not selling memberships without reserved seats, that is you must purchase a reserved seat with a Bombers membership.

Lot of disgruntled members it would seem (quite rightly  ;D)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: March 19, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »
My understanding regarding the Bumblings is that they are not capping their numbers as such what they are doing is not selling memberships without reserved seats, that is you must purchase a reserved seat with a Bombers membership.

Lot of disgruntled members it would seem (quite rightly  ;D)

That's is correct WP, and rightly so should the supporters be peeved with that.
I think the dons will still get a great total for this year, but you have to remember they were in the nab cup GF last year as well as their bandwagon for hird, bomber coaching panel.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: March 19, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
Don't think Essendons members are being limited by Etihad. Most of their home games at Etihad are against interstate teams. The big home games are at the G. If they buy a membership they can still go
as they are only selling memberships with reserved seats, they are capped to the amount of reserved seats they have available.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #808 on: March 19, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
as they are only selling memberships with reserved seats, they are capped to the amount of reserved seats they have available.

Who are they Man Utd. I can understand to an extent at Etihad but the Bums still have home games at the G against us the filth and the scums and most probably Hawthorn too in most seasons. Problem signing up long term at Eyesore Stadium. ;D

Stuff the Bums anyway, we have always been a bigger club its just that they have benefitted against us more than any other club in the last 30 years having a former RFC champ as coach marketing them masterfully at a time when we have been abysmal on and off the field to our detriment and expense. Some at Windy Hill are in for a rude awakening. :thumbsup

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #809 on: March 19, 2012, 07:02:46 PM »

Who are they Man Utd. I can understand to an extent at Etihad but the Bums still have home games at the G against us the filth and the scums and most probably Hawthorn too in most seasons. Problem signing up long term at Eyesore Stadium. ;D

Stuff the Bums anyway, we have always been a bigger club its just that they have benefitted against us more than any other club in the last 30 years having a former RFC champ as coach marketing them masterfully at a time when we have been abysmal on and off the field to our detriment and expense. Some at Windy Hill are in for a rude awakening. :thumbsup

:clapping