Author Topic: AGM 2011 - now Wed Dec 21st not Dec 14th  (Read 12287 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AGM 2011 - now Wed Dec 21st not Dec 14th
« on: November 06, 2011, 04:47:24 AM »
According to Y&B, the AGM details were in the Herald-Sun public notices a few days ago.

Richmond Football Club Annual General Meeting

Date: Wednesday December 14 December 21st  :-\
Time: 6:00 PM
Venue: Maurice Rioli Room

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:12:06 AM by WilliamPowell »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: AGM 2011 - Wed Dec 21st
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:16:35 AM »
127th Annual General Meeting

richmondfc.com.au 10:55 AM Thu 03 Nov, 2011

The Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Football Club Ltd (“the Club”) will be held in the Maurice Rioli Room at Punt Road Oval on Wednesday, 14 December 2011 at 6.00pm to transact the following business:

1.    To receive and consider the Annual Financial Report (comprising the financial statements and notes for the year and the Directors’ Declaration about the statements and notes) and notes and the Directors’ Report and Declaration;

2.    To vote on the proposed changes to the Club’s Constitution;

3.    Declaration of Poll for the Election of three (3) Directors of the Club;

3.    Presentation of Club Award Winners;

4.    Election of Life Members; and

5.    To transact any other business which may lawfully be brought forward.

Full Article/details:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/125856/default.aspx
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:22:43 AM »
2.    To vote on the proposed changes to the Club’s Constitution

Not 100% sure what this is about but I think it may have something to do with this

"Richmond amends election bylaws

richmondfc.com.au 7:22 AM Sun 23 Oct, 2011

At its October 2011 meeting, the board of the Richmond Football Club resolved to change the Election Bylaws. 

Among other things, the changes:

1.    Recognise the role of the Nominations Committee which Committee was established by the board in 2011.  Such committees are widely regarded as ‘best practice’ in corporate governance.  The current members of the Nominations Committee are Emmett Dunne, Michael Green, Maurice O'Shannassy and Henrietta Rothschild.

In the context of board elections, the Nominations Committee will -
•    interview candidates;
•    answer questions that the candidate has concerning the role of director;
•    assess the candidate’s qualifications as set out on the candidate’s CV and in light of the director skills matrix which has been set by the board;
•    inform the candidate about the requirements of the role including:
- the legal requirements of all gaming and liquor licensing authorities, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Club’s directors and officers indemnity insurer;
- the time commitment expected and the schedule of meetings for the board and the committees of the board;
- all relevant policies of the board including corporate governance principles addressing conflicts of interest and duty such as involvement with sponsors;
- and may make recommendations to the board concerning the candidates.

2.    Provide for an increase in the number of words in the candidate's statement to members.

3.    Clarify the duties of the Returning Officer.

Full details:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/125564/default.aspx

Perhaps Mr RFC_O can confirm?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »
2.    To vote on the proposed changes to the Club’s Constitution

Details of the Constitution Changes to be voted on are on the RFC web-site

Now I know Mr RFC_O doesn't like us posting web-site articles in full but this one appears pretty important ...

Constitution changes explained
richmondfc.com.au
11:39 AM Mon 28 Nov, 2011

Richmond President Gary March spoke to richmondfc.com.au to explain the changes to the Club’s constitution.

RFC: What is the major constitutional change being proposed by the board?

Gary March: It is widely-acknowledged, best practice among leading corporations, that boards should comprise a mix of elected and appointed directors. The current Richmond constitution allows for nine elected directors - the board is proposing that a constitutional amendment be made to allow for three directors to be appointed. A board of nine would therefore comprise six elected directors and three appointed directors.  The appointed directors would not be allowed to serve more than two terms.

RFC: Why is this good for my football club?

GM: Like many corporations and other elite sporting clubs - including other highly-successful AFL clubs - this change will enable the board to identify people with the expertise, and skill set, to significantly enhance the business of the Richmond Football Club. This would be a very positive move. The AFL landscape is becoming increasingly competitive and it is important that we provide ourselves with every opportunity to engage the best people to give us the best chance to compete and lead.

RFC: Are there any other changes that I need to be aware of?

GM: It has also been proposed by the board that - at its discretion - a senior executive of the Club may be appointed to the board as an Executive Director. In making this change, and to accommodate an additional appointment, we are also proposing that the constitution allows for the board to comprise up to 10 directors.

RFC: Why did the board decide to make these changes now?

GM: The board has undertaken a comprehensive review of its governance structures, and practices, to ensure it operates effectively on behalf of the members. The proposed changes are in line with the recommendations that came out of this review and will ensure our Club’s board becomes more efficient and effective.
for richmondfc.com.au

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126610/default.aspx

10 FLAGS

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:36:07 PM »
Vote NO!

gerkin greg

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 02:41:08 PM »
compelling argument ramps
i'm voting YES

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »
i'm voting YES

I would think that unless people are intending on going to the AGM then it's highly unlikely you get the opportunity to vote

These sort of things usually get put to the vote on the night

have to say I have serious reservations

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »
i dont
it's great, club is finally moving in the right direction
making my reservations now

10 FLAGS

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
i'm voting YES

I would think that unless people are intending on going to the AGM then it's highly unlikely you get the opportunity to vote

These sort of things usually get put to the vote on the night

have to say I have serious reservations

The above changes  mooted are a recipe to create a private club for the wealthy and the connected (at least those internally). The appointment of 3 board members by the board is not on. It takes away a massive 33% of the clubs board representation - Away from the members. They would only need another 2 votes to be able to determine who becomes our President! What happens if one of these unelected people organises 5 votes out of nine and becomes President. We would then have a situation where 33% of the board is unelected and the President could also be one of those. Members rights are being slaughtered! Members are having their power taken away from them by a small group of people. Who the hell do they think they are. Dont vote for this Tigers supporters. This is crap reform and its reform that takes away Members rights and power. This is our club. NOT THEIRS! 

The shocking proposal is the one which sees "a club executive put on the board". Unless its the Chief Executive then that is a 100% NO GO! It'll be another Greg Miller situation otherwise, where a club employee is appraising say Brendon Gale from a board position whilst the CEO is trying to appraise the performance of that same employee. Its disgraceful IMHO.

Just a diabolical set of reforms. If this poo get puts up then there'll be war. I'm fair dinkum, this is poo. The club belongs to Richmond rank and file members not a small group of mates who know each from business outside of the club.

SAY NO TO THESE REFORMS. THESE REFORMS ARE AGAINST THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE RICHMOND FC MEMBERSHIP BASE!  >:(

10 FLAGS

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
I have been so angered by these reforms that this is gonna turn out to be a massive shitfight between the club board and the members.

Fight People. They're trying to take away your rights and your ability to elect your club representatives.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

gerkin greg

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »
yeah nah disagree

members still have the right to elect the majority of the board

they are taking away nothing

this is a great move

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »
I'm not against a Board being able to co-opt specific skill sets.  I work for an organisation where members vote for the Board of Directors and this enterprise currently lacks a couple of key Board-level skill sets.  The President realises that the Board lacks these skills, but has no way of ensuring that the Board gets access to them unless he hires consultants - and we cannot afford that on an on-going basis.

I think the ability to co-opt Board members is a good thing.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:39 PM »
then get to the AGM Flags and fight

You are a member you have a right to speak up at the AGM about it, then do it

10 FLAGS

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 04:43:23 PM »
yeah nah disagree

members still have the right to elect the majority of the board

they are taking away nothing

this is a great move

If you wanna vote for this poo then thats up to you. The members, the rank and file have kept this club alive and they deserve better than this rubbish. Ill be voting No and if theres no Vote and they push it through, then we may have start considering taking some signatures and forcing an election to revoke these constitutional changes. Its just poohouse. If they are so good, they can put themselves up for election like everybody else has too.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »
I'm not against a Board being able to co-opt specific skill sets.  I work for an organisation where members vote for the Board of Directors and this enterprise currently lacks a couple of key Board-level skill sets.  The President realises that the Board lacks these skills, but has no way of ensuring that the Board gets access to them unless he hires consultants - and we cannot afford that on an on-going basis.

I think the ability to co-opt Board members is a good thing.

Yeah well they'll start at 3 and then itll become 5 and then itll be all over and they'll do whatever the hell they want without even considering the members. The other we'll stick a club executive on the board, thats another joke.