Author Topic: AGM 2011 - now Wed Dec 21st not Dec 14th  (Read 12621 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: AGM 2011 - now Wed Dec 21st not Dec 14th
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2011, 08:58:03 PM »
And I was one of the three.where were you Flags ?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »
Is 150 games an automatic life membership?

Correct
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »
I wonder if Eddie MCGuire would miss his AGM.??

gerkin greg

« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
And we know who those 3 were

The loud minority  :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »

The loud minority  :lol

Sometimes you've gotta stand up for what you believe in gerks  :thumbsup

Besides in 2,3,4 years time when people are sooking about board appointments and that we aren't get fresh faces then I'll say you got what you voted for  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »
:whistle  :thumbsup

OER is officially the "vocal minority"  ;D. The media were obviously referring to OER when they asked Gary March about there being supporters who were against the proposal.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »
Anyway as for what was said at the AGM:

* Gary March and Peggy Haines were absent from the meeting. Gary is OS during December/January for business and family reasons.

* 7th straight year of making a profit. Operating profit was $1.85m once you take away the grant money.

* The club plans to reduce our debt by at least a million in 2012. They mentioned $2.5m at one point and at another said they plan to reduce it further and hope to get it below $2m by the end of the 2012 season which will be the first time that has happened in a long while. This is in fitting with the plan to have zero debt by 2014.

* Gary March on the pre-prepared video said we're currently on track to reach 50k members.

* The FTF raised $2m by the middle of 2011 so we were able to invest in footy dept. straight away. As we all know about $3m has been raised so far. The Punt Rd oval re-surfacing will being in 2012 with the job completed in time for the 2012-13 preseason.

* Sponsorship revenue in the past 12 months has risen by 22% than to the new sponsors Jeep, Bingle, Harvey Norman and ME Bank.

* The only question from the audience came from Charles Macek who asked if the Club had taken into account the one-offs in revenue which won't exist in 2012 - the loss of the Darwin game ($500k), FTF funds (will supporters be as generous next year), Wantirna club onerous payment, etc... The answer was basically yes. The Club plans revenues on a 5-year average rather than the previous year so we're conservative with our expectations.

* After all the financial stuff, potty mouth Dimma  :wallywink got up to introduce and bring on stage the top from the B&F plus all the new recruits. When Piva Wright walked on stage Hardwick was too busy talking that he forgot to put his hand out to shake Piva's so Piva moved his hand up and down to minic a handshake  :lol. Absent was Verrier who was in Perth having some operation on his nose. Once they were all on stage, Hardwick said FJ has a done a great job since he's been at the Club and brought in kids who not only had good skills but who also had good character. The club had a "no d---heads" policy  :wallywink. He almost swore again about something else but corrected himself in time lol. Dimma then reiterated that the time of transition 2010-11 had ended and whereas in the past two years we were trying to get games into the kids (600+ all up), from now on only the best 22 will be getting a guernsey. So WAT there's no excuses  ;).

* Next up was the handing out of life memberships to Don Lord, John Stanley and Lids. Lids mentioned right at the end of his speech that it would be great to play finals.

* The final item was the constitution amendment. As mentioned it was overwhelmingly endorced  :P. 69-2 in proxies followed by all but 3 in the audience. While the proxy vote pretty much made it a done deal, I must admit I was quite surprised by the support for it in the room. Clearly only us on OER had concerns about it.

Anyway it was good to catch up with a few OERites at the AGM :thumbsup while RollsRoyce and I did our own private tour of the new facilites while searching for the exit  ;D. It really is an impressive building and the view from the 3rd floor balcony overlooking the oval and Punt Rd is worth the visit alone.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »
Gary Who ???

gerkin greg

« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2011, 10:33:37 PM »
Look clown.this is a serious topic.post your garbage elsewhere .it's a disgrace that a president of an afl club be overseas on holidays and so called business when the club has there AGM

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2011, 10:38:55 PM »
when did he fly out of the country?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
No DH policy has come from the Hawks - word for word which may explain the hiccup but not why Dan Connors remains on ojr list
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
Interesting question by Charles Macek in regards to revenue this year that won't be there in 2012, and how the club reported the money from the Darwin games in advance and now has to repay the AFL.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2011, 11:27:45 PM »
when did he fly out of the country?
Beginning of December apparently.

gerkin greg

« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »
Look clown.this is a serious topic.post your garbage elsewhere .it's a disgrace that a president of an afl club be overseas on holidays and so called business when the club has there AGM

Calm down Jackie Brown, this is Gary March you're talking about

Hopefully he's not at any more AGMs in the future, this is a good move from March