Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 85624 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: No Excuses
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »
agree completely with WA Tiger, need to play finals next year, otherwise we are just going around in circles, as has been the case for the last 10-20 years.

It looks like some are happy to do the circle work... :shh....and it seems some of us refuse to put up with another 20-30 years of crap....

Stop putting words in peoples' mouths implying that they welcome failure. That is clearly not what is being said.

YOu contradict yourself constantly by maligning certain players and our lack of depth, but then you say we have no excuse to not make finals?
It doesnt add up. And dont bring up the same old '30 years of mediocrity, i am a hero' bullocks. What has happened in the past is irrelevant now. We can only deal with what we have now, and that is a talented, but raw list.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
agree completely with WA Tiger, need to play finals next year, otherwise we are just going around in circles, as has been the case for the last 10-20 years.

It looks like some are happy to do the circle work... :shh....and it seems some of us refuse to put up with another 20-30 years of crap....

Stop putting words in peoples' mouths implying that they welcome failure. That is clearly not what is being said.

YOu contradict yourself constantly by maligning certain players and our lack of depth, but then you say we have no excuse to not make finals?
It doesnt add up. And dont bring up the same old '30 years of mediocrity, i am a hero' bullocks. What has happened in the past is irrelevant now. We can only deal with what we have now, and that is a talented, but raw list.

Sorry Willy all I seem to be reading from your post is blah...excuse......blah excuse....blah...excuse. What has happened in the past is irrelevent now.....horsepoo, why the hell do you think we are in te state we are in FFS wake up, finals in 2012 or failure.

Its people like you that accept it, thats the difference, I dont.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »

hero.  :bow

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »
some people see excuses, some people see reasons.
some people create problems, some people solve them.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »
some people see excuses, some people see reasons.
some people create problems, some people solve them.

I spend every minute of the day sloving them al, I get sacked if I use excuses.......

Lets see the heads rolll at season end then if the excuses run out..

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »

hero.  :bow

Dito

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »
so what are you gunna do wat, if the fairy godmother doesnt wave her magic wand to your satisfaction?

Move in with ramps?  :P

What are you going to do al if we finish below GC and/or GWS, the Dees, Brissy, PA.....stilll say we are improving and developing...

Rest easy WAT, won't happen.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »
so what are you gunna do wat, if the fairy godmother doesnt wave her magic wand to your satisfaction?

Move in with ramps?  :P

What are you going to do al if we finish below GC and/or GWS, the Dees, Brissy, PA.....stilll say we are improving and developing...

Rest easy WAT, won't happen.

I hope not smoke, just didn't like the way we capitulated to those teams or during winnable games last year.....

"Rucks:

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »
WA - It's not about making excuses but rather not making rash decisions which hurt our chances of success. We can't afford to take chances. Any time we have tried our luck and tried to trade for success we have failed. Every time we have tried to take short cuts or demand immediate rewards we have failed.

The last era when we were successful we traded and bought our way to multiple flags. Anything other than success was not tolerated by the administration or supporters. The system changed. We didn't. 30 years later, multiple coaches, a truckload a crap and only 2 finals appearances later we have finally learnt that impatience and demanding immediate success only leads us down the same well worn path of misery. We have finally changed. We are taking no shortcuts and creating our own success.

How?! - From the gound up WAT. By spending the same money we used to when buying established players from other teams and states, on finding talented kids and developing them. Collingwood, Geelong, WC, Hawthorn and even stinkin' Carlton have done this for years while we have siad we were doing it but instead we had a part time recruiter, no development coach and a senior coach who was absent during training when our talent should have been educated.

It's one thing to demand success and point the finger at those who don't as excuse makers but it's another to say that we are happy with mediocrity and failure. I'm sick of losing, tired of never making the finals and fed-up with failure. We all want the same thing but some of us are willing to wait it out more than others.

Surely you can see we are on th ebrink now. We are close but we are not a flag contender yet. We should make the finals this year but we are no where near strong enough for a claim on the top 4. The growth of players like Vickery, Grimes, Rance, Batchelor, Cotchin, Martin and Houli give us hope but we need more. We need more development. We need more from more.

No one is making excuses. We are just trying to be realistic.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 10:37:05 PM »
Dead right Stripes totally agree, but I really agree with your sentence "We should make the finals this year" and thats what we need to aim for, thats what I am saying, too many supporters are happy with the development and improvement year for 2012 and beyond. I am not one of those people, finals in 2012, no excuses.

Excuses are easy.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 11:06:08 PM »
Dead right Stripes totally agree, but I really agree with your sentence "We should make the finals this year" and thats what we need to aim for, thats what I am saying, too many supporters are happy with the development and improvement year for 2012 and beyond. I am not one of those people, finals in 2012, no excuses.

Excuses are easy.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 11:25:07 PM »

Excuses are easy.

True to form TFT, two posts that show your intellect....let me guess, you will quote this one too and do the same...or there abouts. :wallywink

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
True to form TFT, two posts that show your intellect....let me guess, you will quote this one too and do the same...or there abouts. :wallywink
:lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I'm actually praying we decide just to tank the whole season (as you wished for this  :wallywink)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:12:16 AM by one-eyed »

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 11:46:19 PM »

Excuses are easy.

If only all posters were like you WAT...

:angel:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »
:lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I'm actually praying we decide just to tank the whole season (as you wished for this  :wallywink)
I have never ever said we should tank, never ever used those words ever, go look.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:12:47 AM by one-eyed »

"Rucks: